Chapter Thirty-Two: You're Safe

N I C O H L A S

I can't believe we're already here. People are coming through the doors non-stop now, people talking to each other, creating an unnecessary buzz in the air. I just want tonight to be over already. And for that reason alone I stuck to the bar, I may have to set this event up but that doesn't mean I have to host it, it's just a get together with a whole bunch of dangerous people. Honestly what could go wrong.

"You know you can't just hide at the bar all night." Matteo said, coming up from behind me.
"Watch me." I shrugged.
"Oh c'mon. Why don't you at least try to socialize, who knows you might even find someone to hookup with." He suggested.
"Please, I don't feel like hooking up with any of these people." I groaned, slamming the rest of my whiskey.

"You said the same thing last year." He laughed.
"Yeah, and look where that got me." I said.

"Excuse me." A woman said from behind us.
"Sorry." Matteo said.

This woman, I mean my god, she was stunning. She was wearing a gorgeous silver dress that had a deep v-neckline, along with a high slit that showed off her amazing legs. Her brown hair was thrown into a bun with curls that fell out to frame her face, and her hazel eyes were captivating. She was a goddess.

"I'm afraid we haven't met, I'm Nicholas Romano." I said, offering my hand.
"Hello." She said.
"And who are you?" I asked, I had to know this woman's name.
"Mr. Romano, you have no need to know my name." She smirked, why does that sound so fucking familar.
"I have to decide whether or not, miss." I said, taking a sip of my new drink.
"Unfortunate. Well it was a pleasure to meet you Mr. Romano." She said, getting off the stool.
"Don't call me Mr. Romano. That was my father." I said, grabbing her arm to keep her from leaving.
"I think it suits you, Grey." She said with a wink, and disappeared into the crowd.

Grey? The only person who... no it can't be her. She's dead. What the fuck is going on?

I rushed into the crowd trying to find her but she disappeared. That can't be fucking Gianna, she's dead. And how would she get in here past the guards. I need to figure this out.

I broke from the crowd and headed up the stairs towards my bedroom. I need quiet, I can't think. It is impossible she's dead. I saw the tape with my own two eyes.

I stepped into my bedroom and something felt wrong. Someone was here.

I pulled my gun out and turned on the lights to see the girl sitting on my bed, on Gianna's side.

"Get out." I demanded, pointing the gun at this woman.
"Nick, I'm disappointed." She said, pulling her mask off to show she was Gianna.

I dropped the gun in shock. This can't be happening.

"You're supposed to be dead." I said, shaking my head.
"And I thought you wouldn't flirt with other girls." She said, standing up and walking towards me.
"Are you actually here?" I asked, still not wrapping my head around this.
"Yes." She smiled, standing right in front of me.
"God I fucking missed you." I said, wrapping my arms around her.

I missed the feeling of her in my arms.

"I missed you too Nick." She said, getting on her tippy toes to kiss me.

Yup, this was definitely Gianna, no question about it.

"But what happened?" I said, breaking away. Putting her at an arm's length.
"It's a long story that I would love to explain when we have time, but we have more pressing matters. Marcello is alive and he's here with Alessio." She said.
"How can I trust you?" I asked. I mean she has been alive this whole time and never came back.
"You have to." She argued.

"Gianna, you left us. We thought you were dead, I went through hell because I thought you were dead." I said, it was all hitting me full force.
"I know, I saw." She said, taking a step back hugging herself.
"You watched me?" I said, I can't believe this.
"No, not like that." She said, trying to keep me from losing it.
"Then explain it to me." I said, my temper starting to get the best of me.
"Fine." She said, sitting down on the bed, and tapping beside her for me to sit.

"When I went for that meeting, my father Marcello was there. I knew it was a setup but it was too late by the time I figured it out. He threatened me, telling me that he would kill me if I didn't tell him what he wanted to know. I was out numbered so I couldn't fight back." She said, stopping to catch her breath.

I can't imagine what she's been through.

"He wanted to know how you worked. Where all your warehouses were and when your shipments were coming in, he wanted everything. But I refused. I couldn't just sell you out, I wouldn't. Then he threatened you and Luca, and Matteo. I couldn't take it but I still refused. Then he made a new deal. In order to spare the three of you I had to fake my own death and stay with them. I took it." She said she was shaking at this point.

"I'm sorry." She said, shaking her head as tears fell.
"Hey it's okay. You didn't have a choice." I said, trying to keep calm for her.

"After he shot me, I was bleeding bad. Oh my god it hurt like hell. They took me back to my old home, the Berlusconi Mansion. The doctor there patched me up and when I was slightly better they locked me down in the basement for weeks. One day Marcello came down and brought a monitor, it was you. They had set up cameras somehow watching you. It broke me. I had to watch you drink your life away because of me and I couldn't do anything about it. I screamed and cried everyday until I passed out. I just wanted you to get better." She said, tears covering her cheeks.

"It's okay, you're home now." I said, pulling her close.
"There's more but I have to go." She said, pulling out of my grasp.
"What do you mean you have to go?" I said, I can't lose her, I just got her back.
"I've been gone too long. Marcello and Alessio are going to start looking for me." She said, standing up and fixing her makeup.
"Gia, let me handle them. I'm not letting you go again." I said, holding her close.

The door slammed open and she jumped, clearly scared.

"Nick, we have a problem Marcello and Alessio are..." Matteo trailed off.
"Gianna?" He asked.
"Gianna? Where?" Luca said from behind him.

"Hi guys." She waved from behind me.
"Oh my god." Matteo yelled, rushing towards her, pulling her into a hug.
"Put me down." She laughed.
"I just can't believe it." Luca said, pulling her into a hug.

"Okay, we can get back to this after we kill Marcello and Alessio." I said, catching their attention.
"Kill them?" Luca asked.
"Yes, they need to pay." I said.