Ima Family Mayne

Been hella lazy lately. Decided to give yall a cute shot. Enjoy.

Vote and Comment🤍

The blare of a cell phone woke DJay up with a jump start. His mind heavy in that tired fog. Sitting up he looked at the clock reading past noon. He groaned knowing he missed his meeting about the upcoming music video. Snatching the phone he answered the call. Zoning out as his manager droned on and on. A cross between informing and reprimanding him. Compared to what had transpired last week this was nothing. 

At an inflated and stressful 9 months pregnant Shug held the title. There was nothing like getting cussed smooth the fuck out by a voice that sounded like velvet. She never got loud either. Hell he'd preferred if she did so he knew the signs of her "yelling". She hadn't been like this when she was pregnant with Keisha. Then again this baby was a boy not a girl. This pregnancy was completely different. 

He was introduced to viper Shug. Miss queen diva with a lethal mouthpiece. It never ceased to amaze him how she could go off but still hold him at a level above herself. That had always been his Shug though. Ever the shy and respectful subject. He hoped she kept this fire. He loved Shug the way she was of course but now in a different light he wanted that push too. He got 10 times what he prayed for in these last months. Hence why he was in a room on the other side of this big ass house. 

He was gonna have to learn the art of a good lie. He prided himself on his blunt truthfulness....but that had him up shits creek without a paddle. Rookie mistake on his part according to Key. DJay had always been rather ignorant to feelings so....it wasnt that surprising. 

Shug had come home with some type of dress if you could call it that. It had looked like somebody took their grandmother's 50 year old curtains and made a piece of clothing. She had asked him a series of questions. Along the lines of...Did he think it was too much? Did she look fat? Which he had replied with yes. 

It was the goddamn truth. The dress made her look bigger than what she was. That shit belonged in hell. It was neither flattering nor flexible. After the initial shock of his bluntness wore off she flew through several emotions. Starting with sadness morphed to disbelief. That's when her language grew colorful. Disbelief turned to hurt, to anger, to denial, back to anger, ending for the last round of hurt. What sealed his boot out the door was a poorly timed chuckle. 

He grew accustomed to zoning out during her fits over the months. To keep from snapping at her and reverting 20 years back. As well as to let it just settle and die. She didn't mean half the shit she tossed and later would cry about it. In the midst of his knees out somewhere she had tossed out shamoo. In comparison he wasn't sure but his mind tossed a mental image of a whale in that god awful dress and couldn't help the laugh. 

Poorly timed in the sense that she was ranting on about feeling uncomfortable in her skin. As well as stressing about her body after the baby at the time. So very poor of him to let that laugh slip. Which in turn brought her to inconsolable tears. Hence, his going on a week stay outcasted. His apologies falling on deaf ears.

Sighing he pulled himself up to start the last of his day. Having slept it half away. Dressed to head out he headed down stairs. Finding his little family eating popcorn and watching some cartoon movie. Creeping up behind Shug on the love seat. He swept in, giving her a quick kiss to the forehead. She cut her eyes at the screen but didn't turn to acknowledge him. The cold shoulder her favorite punishment lately. 

"I'll be home later tonight." He spoke, stealing another kiss before heading to meet the guys. 

Not that they had shit to do today. His missed meeting had been the only objective. He just needed some outside opinion before he went down this petty rabbit hole. He wanted back in his damn bedroom. Partly going his pride taking a hit from being outed...like he wasn't the man here.