Chapter 4: The Children

Adonis had no idea what to do now. His wife had left him. He was also stuck with two children that he had to take care of by himself. To make matters worse, he didn't even have enough money to raise two children, even if he wanted to.   

        "I could get a job...but I don't even have any powers, let alone any intelligence." Adonis said to himself, "All I have is a pretty face." Adonis exhaled and sat down to think.

        He looked at the two children that laid on the bed, sleeping quietly. He couldn't possibly take care of them both. Adonis came up with an idea, though it wasn't a very clever one.

        Adonis took Κῆρες and hurried out of the room. He spotted Galen sitting on the bench as he walked out and tried to ignore his confusing expression.

        "S-sir Adonis..." Galen held Adonis's arm and realized that he was extremely irritated.

        "What do you want now?" Adonis said in an irritated tone.

        "You...you forgot one of your children in the room." Galen pointed to the hospital room.

        "I know that. I'm not dumb." Adonis continued to try and walk forward. Instead, Galen pursued to stop him.

        "Adonis. You can't just leave your child here." Galen said in a firm voice. He tried his best to keep Adonis held back.

        "Yes, I actually can." Adonis retorted, "There's no law or rule saying that I can't." Adonis scoffed. 

        "Even so. It's wrong to leave your child in there." Galen argued, "Also, I'm very sure you know that's not what I meant." Galen added, "For someone your age, it is common to know what's right or wrong...even without laws or rules." Galen pointed out.

        "And why didn't you say that to Σοφία before she left?!" Adonis' tone rose, "Why do you only stop to bother me?!" Adonis shouted.

        "Sh-she was really mad. I didn't want to bother her...so I let her go." Galen said, unsure what to do in this situation.

        "And what makes you think I'm not as mad as her?" Adonis said in a more vexing tone, making it clear to Galen that he was annoyed.

        Galen didn't know how to respond and kept quiet. Adonis, however, continued to shout at Galen.

        "Exactly! Now leave me and my child alone. I couldn't care less about that worthless other." Adonis said in a firm voice and looked at Galen for him to respond.

        Adonis laughed and added, "You're so stupid you can't even defend yourself. Maybe you shouldn't have been a medical worker. Maybe you should have been living in the slums without a job!" Adonis shouted and continued to walk out of the hospital.

        Galen went into the room and looked at the one small child that was laying on the bed.

        "Oh man...now I'm stuck with a child that no one wants." Galen sighed and sat on the chair, "I really hope you're not like your dad..."

        "I could send it to the orphanage," Galen thought to himself, "but those people will definitely tell me that a newborn isn't allowed."

        Galen took Ἀχλύς in his arms and looked at the child up close. He inspected the child and exhaled

        "I'll take it in, I guess. She doesn't seem too bad." Galen told himself and carried the newborn out of the room.