Chapter 5: The Names

It's the one thing that's running this society: names. The only thing that makes this society unique and the one thing that makes everyone unique from each other.   

        Names are everything in this world. Your personality and characteristics are one word apart from changing completely. At least, that's what people believe.

        It changes what you are capable of and who you are as a whole. Once in 1 hundred years, there is someone named Sōkrátēs. Having the name, Sōkrátēs, makes you destined to be the name-announcer.

        Once in 2 hundred years, there is someone named Galen. Once in 2 hundred years, there is someone named Galena. These two are destined to work in the hospital and own the whole healing facility.

        Once in 10 million years, there is someone named Κῆρες. Once in 10 million years, there is someone named Ἀχλύς. These two are usually born in two different families and as they are born, the families they are born in are cursed for eternity. These two people are known as demons/devils and are said to curse anyone who is near them.

        These three names are the rarest in this society. As you can tell, names are the god of this society. They control this society and control who you are. There is no escaping from it.

        You might be wondering: Why do people even run on names? What's so important about it? Let me tell you a little story...