Chapter 18: The Document

Κῆρες's pov

        I looked at the phone for a while after Galen hung up on me. I stared at it in disbelief and sighed. Why would he think that? I asked myself. Why would he think I killed dad? I clearly wouldn't...I'm his daughter!

        "Please don't let Galen be suspicious of me..." I closed my eyes and exhaled slowly, "Please..."

        As soon as I said that, people rushed into my house and stared at me on the floor. I looked up at them. As soon as I turned my head to look at them, I felt a cold object on my face. It was a gun! These people were trying to kill me! Why?

        After a while, I finally realized what was going on. Galen! He called them and told them I killed dad! Now they're going to kill me because of something I didn't do! I gasped and began to panic.

        "W-wait..." I backed away quickly to avoid everyone. I looked at everyone standing in front of my front door. When I backed up, all of these people followed behind and the man pointing the gun seemed angrier than before.

        "Please..." I heard someone talk from the back, "Don't startle the little girl." A man emerged from the back of the crowd.

        "W-who are you?" I asked, absolutely terrified. I backed up even more with surprise and fear in my eyes.

              They...they're here to kill me! I looked at everyone in the room. Where can I even escape to? I looked behind me and I was cornered behind the staircase. All of the men rushed towards me.

        "Wait! Please don't!" I shouted as loud as I could, "I-I did nothing wrong! You have to believe me!"

        The man put his hand behind him, stopping everyone in their tracks. Wow...this man must have a lot of authority. I looked at him.

        "That's the one thing you don't want to do, right guys?" The man said in an intimidating voice, but somehow, he still sounded calm and collected.

        I looked at the man as he turned his head back to meet my gaze. His face was calm and he had no form of intimidation or death.

        "W-what are you doing here?" I asked, more confidently this time, "I didn't do anything..please don't kill me."

        The man laughed and then said, "We're not here to kill you, silly. Why in the world would we do that?"

        What? They're not here to kill me...? By this point, I was extremely confused. What's happening now? Did Galen actually send these people here or not? I began to question myself a lot.

        "We're only here for this." The man motioned to one of the men to come forward.

        The man was dressed in green and his whole face was covered by a helmet. I couldn't see his face at all. I looked at the man, who took a piece of paper and handed it to me. I was a little skeptical at first and didn't want to take the paper because I had no idea what this was.

        "What is this?" I tried to ask the man giving me the paper. None of the people in front of me said anything.

        Though extremely hesitant at first, I took the paper and the man nodded at me and smiled. I was still really confused.

        "W-who even are you all?" I continued to ask them, hoping that they would answer me this time.

        "Sorry, so rude of us." The man laughed and turned back to look at me, "My name is Dēmḗtrios."

The Names - Book 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें