Chapter 14: School - flashback

Ἀχλύς's pov

        "Hey Ἀχλύς?" Someone tapped my shoulder lightly.

        I looked behind me and there was a girl there. I think her name was Ptolema...why doesn't she seem scared of me? Does she want to be my friend? But... Usually, I would have already asked for her to be my friend. The problem was...she used to by my bully as well as many other people. What is she doing here? I asked myself.

        "Ew, the freak..." I heard people murmur next to me as they slowly began to walk away and onto the field, away from the playground.

        "Hey Ptolema!!" I saw Ptolema's friend walking up to me.

        This is the other bully... I sighed. I think his name was Adin or something... I tried to remember what his name was. Was it Adonis? I think it was Adonis...

        I waved back at Adonis, hoping he would be friends with me as well. I watched as Adonis looked at me with disgusted eyes. What? Why does Ptolema want to be friends with me but not Adonis?

        "Not you, freak." Adonis rolled his eyes and walked over to Ptolema, pushing me over onto the mulch.

        As Adonis hugged Ptolema, Adonis stuck out his tongue at me. I laid on the mulch and sighed. As I sighed, I saw Ptolema whispering to Adonis. Adonis' eyes gleamed with excitement and he beamed.

        "S-sorry about that..." Adonis held his hand out to me.

        Though very hesitant at first, I decided to accept his help and thanked him. What's with the change of heart? I asked myself.

        "I only listened to those rumors...I didn't consider how you felt or who you really are..." Adonis looked away in embarrassment and laughed nervously.

        It was only until then did I realize that Ptolema helped me make a new friend. I looked at Ptolema with grateful eyes and she smiled back at me.

        "What are they doing with the freak?" I heard people murmur in the distance, "She's going to kill them now. Better steer away from them."

        "Yeah, I know right?" Another person spoke, responding to the first person who spoke, "And just when I thought they were safe to hang out with. They're cursed now..." everyone began to murmur in shock and fear.

        Adonis, who heard people talking about him, turned to Ptolema and mouthed, We really shouldn't be doing this. By the end of all of this, our reputation will be completely ruined. I should go...

        Ptolema responded with a simple eye roll and responded, Well even if it is ruined, it's still worth it. Think about how funny it'll be! Adonis thought about it for a while, then nodded in agreement.

        "Hey Ptolema, let's eat lunch together!" I shouted with excitement. This was the first time I ever got to eat lunch with someone, let alone even interact with someone. Everyone always walked away from me whenever I tried to approach them or try to talk to them...I already know why...

        Ptolema turned to me and smiled, "Sure, let's go." Ptolema smiled at me and walked over to the side to grab her lunch box.

        I took my lunch box and walked down the hallway past my classmates and my teacher. Suddenly, I felt someone's hand hovering over my arm. I turned around and was surprised to see Mrs. Σοφία.

        "Ἀ-Ἀχλύς..." Mrs. Σοφία, my teacher, reached out her hand to stop me. I turned around before she touched me and saw my classmate holding Mrs. Σοφία's arm. I looked at αριστος and glared at him.