Chapter 16: Dad

Κῆρες's pov

        "Where's your dad?" Ach asked me.

        Where IS he? I started to question myself. He didn't answer the door and he's definitely not in the basement. I looked at the door that led downstairs to the basement. There's nothing to hide anyway...I'll tell them the truth.

        "O-oh...I don't know." I told them, "I was waiting for him to answer the door. That's why it took so long to answer it." I explained.

        "I hope he's okay..." Galen said quietly.

        Yeah...I do too, but then again, he's still been sketchy. I already know all his secrets...why does he still seem secrets? I thought to myself.

        "Y-you guys should really go..." I walked to Ach and forced them and dad to get up from their seats, "It's late."

        It's best if they go...

        Ach nodded at me and walked out of the house.

        "Whatever you're hiding..." Galen whispered to me after Ach walked out of the house, "Tell me. I'm trustworthy." Galen looked at me with his kindred eyes and walked out of the house.

        I sighed as I heard Galen's car's engine roar loudly in the silence. I hope they don't visit anymore...my house has become a total dungeon with me stuck with a psycho dad who doesn't know what's going on.

        "Dad?" I walked around the house, looking for him, "Dad are you there?" I opened the bathroom door and observed everything.

        After a long time searching, I heard a groan from the basement. I rushed to the basement door and opened it wider.

        "Dad?!" I turned on the light and walked down, "Where are you?"

        I heard gasping in the closet room. I walked into the closet room and the first thing I noticed was the window's big hole. I then looked down and...

        "K-Ker...?" I saw dad's eyes squinting and struggling to get up.

         "Dad!!" I shouted, trying to help him.

        I saw dad... he was on the wooden floor with a hole through his stomach. I cried and exhaled loudly. How could this happen?! The only way...he got shot! I realized.

        "Dad what happened?" I gasped.

        "I-I was trying to organize things and I heard the-" Dad stopped talking and put his hand on his stomach and groaned again.

        "Dad! Are you okay?" I tried to help my dad up.

        It was until then did I realize that this wasn't a bullet that shot dad. It was magic, someone was using witchcraft, something that was illegal in this country.

         "H-how do I stop it?!" I began to panic and looked around for anything to help dad with. There was nothing.

        "You can't..."

        The hole in dad's stomach got bigger until dad couldn't handle it anymore.

        "Give me the knife." I took the knife and gave it to dad.

        "What do you need it for?" I watched as dad slowly took the knife from my hands and pointed it towards his throat.

        "Dad! Don't!" I shouted, but it was too late.

        I looked at dad's slit neck, lying on the floor next to his separated body. The blood spilled all over the carpet. Right when I looked at the carpet, my knees began to feel cold and wet. I stood up and looked at the room. It was covered with blood everywhere. The white carpet turned red, dyed with dad's blood.

        "D-dad..." I knelt down next to him, "why?"

         I looked at dad's lifeless body then looked away. I began to cry and ran upstairs. I dialed Galen's number and waited. He didn't pick up 10 times. I tried again.

        "WHAT!!" Galen shouted into the phone furiously.

        At first, I didn't want to talk to Galen, afraid of making him even more furious. Then, I realized how important this was.

        "Dad died..." I murmured quietly.

        Galen sighed, "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

        "My dad died." I tried to say more confidently, but it still ended up very shaky.

         "Adonis?!" Galen shouted, "How did he die?"

        "I-I don't know. I went to the basement and he was on the floor...and there was a hole in the stomach." I explained to Galen, "At first, I thought he was shot, but it was witchcraft...someone broke into the house and used witchcraft on my dad."

        "How did he die?" Galen asked me.

       "Well, there was no one around, but as time passed, the hole got bigger." I continued.

        "How did he die, though?" Galen repeated the question.

        "Of course witchcraft can't kill you. It only tortures people." I continued to talk to Galen quietly.

         "I know that!" Galen shouted, "Tell me how he died already!"

        I hesitated and continued, "He suicided."

        Galen kept quiet and said nothing.

        "H-hello?" I asked.

        "Adonis would never do that." Galen sighed painfully.

        "How do you know?! I'm his daughter. I know him better than you do, so stop pretending as you know him a lot." I scoffed.

        Galen took a deep breath and spoke again, "Look." Galen said quietly, "I met him before you were even born. I bet you don't even know who your mom is. I do."

        He has a point... I paused to think. Wait!

        "If you're saying I'm lying, then how do you think he died? The witchcraft couldn't have done it..." I said into the speaker.

        Galen chuckled, "Oh....I think you know exactly who." Galen paused a little bit and said, "You killed him."

        I gasped with surprise and growled in anger and furiousness, "You thought I did it?!!" I couldn't believe Galen, "I'm his daughter! I would never!"

        Galen spoke closer to the speaker, "You never know..."

        As I was about to respond, Galen hung up the phone.