Chapter Forty-Eight~Wedding Pt.3

Chapter Forty-Eight
Wedding Pt. 3
Edythe Cullen
August 13, 2006

"Rosalie, you and Emmett first, then Edythe and Garrett, go, now." Alice ordered us, and Rosalie and Emmett began their waltz down the staircase.

Garrett and I followed at pace, my arm wrapped in his, and we slowly descended the stairs and walked the aisle before getting into our seats. Alice and Jasper entered next, and barely made it into their seats before the tune changed.

Bella appeared at the top of the stairs on her fathers arm, looking every bit the perfect bride, and I stole a glance at Edward.

He looked genuinely moved, smiling widely, his eyes watching her every movement as she came down the stairs slowly. His eyes never left her, and as Bella reached the aisle and met his gaze, I suddenly got the impression that there was no one else in the room but the two of them.

The ceremony itself was short, though, I had quite a good time watching Edward and Bella stare at each other so lovingly. Bella was so entranced that she nearly missed her vows even. The first kiss they shared as husband and wife was heavy enough to make the crowd blush.

The ceremony flowed into the reception flawlessly thanks to Alice's expert planning. There were greetings and cake and the horrific tradition of removing the garter belt before the dancing finally begun. After Bella and Edward took their first dance, a slow swaying number, Bella had a sweet dance with her father while Edward and Mother performed a grand waltz around them.

As soon as the floor was open, Garrett grabbed me by my hips and pulled me with him onto the floor. We spun and laughed and were entirely invested in one another. I could've spent the entire night in my husbands arms. But, when my father approached us and asked for a dance with me, I couldn't help but accept.

I had a wonderful time dancing with my father, as his goal was apparently to keep me laughing as he spun and dipped me playfully.

As the night went on I took turns dancing with each of my brothers, and even danced an Irish number with Mother, before finally joining my husband where he stood speaking with the Denali coven.

"Hey, Red." Garrett grinned at me, slinging an arm around my shoulders and kissing my forehead. "Having fun?"

"Very much." I smiled enthusiastically. "Are you having fun?"

"Yes, though I would have even more fun if my wife would indulge me in another dance." He grinned as a slow song began to play.

"Well come on then." I smiled, pulling him with me out onto the floor. "Do you remember me teaching you dance?"

"I couldn't forget." He smiled, looking slightly pained. "I'd sit around that makeshift cabin we built together in Montana, watching your ghost to pass the time. I'd see you everywhere, but memories of us dancing in the field of wildflowers were always the hardest on me. We had created such joy there. For it to have ended nearly as soon as it began tortured me."

"My poor love." I sighed, hating to think of our time apart. I knew my own memories of grief were nearly enough to send me into a breakdown, and so I couldn't imagine what he felt being confronted with such pain everyday.

"But, we're together now." He reminded the both of us. "And we'll stay together." He smiled brightly, tucking my head under his chin and pulling me closer into his embrace.