Chapter Twenty~An Occasion

Chapter Twenty: Epilogue of Twilight
An Occasion
Elizabeth Cullen
Forks, Washington. April 26th, 2005.

"Alright, all done." I smiled widely as Bella's new walking cast was securely in place. "No more crutches!"

"Thank you, Elizabeth." She smiled sweetly at me and I ran my hand through her hair fondly before turning to her chart.

"I really can't thank you and your husband enough, Dr. Cullen."

"Again, feel free to call me Elizabeth, Charlie." I smirked at him. "And we were glad to help. I'm just so relieved that she's home safe and sound now." I sent Bella wink. "My son would be quite put out with me if I didn't try my hardest to take care of sweet Bella."

"I'm quite put out with your son at the moment." Bella grumbled. "I've been told that I'm riding with you to the Cullen house?"

"That is correct." I laughed, sending Charlie a secretive grin. "Alice is eagerly awaiting your arrival."

"Great." Bella sighed heavily. "Let's get this over with then I guess."

"Cheer up, Bells." Charlie laughed at her grim disposition.

Bella simply scowled at him as she hopped off of the exam table and stumbled out of the room.

"Teenagers." Charlie rolled his eyes, and I couldn't help but laugh loudly. "She acts like the prom is going to kill her."

After parting ways with Charlie, I met Bella in the waiting room before showing her out to the car. Poor thing was still fuming as I helped her into the passenger seat.

"Really, Bella, try to have at least a little fun today." I giggled at her, pulling out of my parking spot and setting off towards the house.

"I don't even know what's going on. Your son refuses to tell me."

"Probably because he knows you'd try to throw a fit over it." I laughed, my good mood uncontrollable today.

"You realize that doesn't make me feel better, right?" She laughed with me.

"Sorry." I faked the apology, only causing her to laugh more.

With my driving, it was a short ride to the house. After helping Bella out of the car and up the front porch steps, I opened the door and promptly announced our arrival.

"Alice! Delivery!" I called unnecessarily up the stairs.

"Bella!" Alice cheered from the top of the stairs before rushing to pick Bella up and run back upstairs to her bedroom.

"Elizabeth! You're a traitor!" Bella yelled before Alice could shut the door behind them.

"She'll forgive you." Edward laughed, appearing in the doorway to the kitchen.

"Hope so." I giggled. "Your tux is in the truck of the Mercedes along with Emmett and Jaspers'. The corsages are all in the fridge. And, I found a precious hair pin for Bella that Alice approved."

"Thanks, Mom." He smiled at me. "Dad's waiting for you out back." He gave me a tight hug before going out to the car.

I went upstairs and changed from my scrubs into the long black velvet evening gown Alice had laid out for me. After putting on matching heels and a pair of diamond earrings Edward had gifted me, I made my way to Alice's bathroom for her final approval.

"Mom, you look hot!" Alice cheered, stopping her work on Bella's face to come over and pin my hair back quickly.

"Wow, what's the occasion?" Bella asked, her eyes wide as she looked over at me.

"It's her 120th birthday!" Alice clapped, finishing my hair and spinning me in a circle to see the final result. "Carlisle is taking her out tonight." She winked playfully at me.

"Oh! Happy birthday, Elizabeth. I wish I would've known, I-"

"Sweet Bella, birthdays are very different for us than for humans." I cut her off quickly. "Carlisle is just using it as an excuse to show me off tonight. It's his favorite hobby."

"Very true." Alice agreed. "Now shoo, go find your husband and enjoy your night." She kissed my cheek and pushed me out of the door.

Taking Alice's advice, I descended the stairs to the ground floor and opened the back door.

Carlisle, standing on the porch and looking like a devilish angel in a fitted black tux, smiled widely as he took in my appearance.

"This was worth the wait." He grinned before taking my hand and pulling me into a slow dance.

"Sorry, I had to pass Alice's inspection." I giggled, brushing my hand across his cheek. "You're so beautiful."

"Nothing compares to you." He shook his head, spinning me in a slow circle before returning me to his arms to embrace me as we swayed. "Happy birthday, Honeybee."

"Thank you." I smiled into his neck, relaxing entirely in my favorite place in the world as Carlisle's arms tightened around me.

"We've got some time before we need to leave." He noted. "We can stay for pictures if you'd like. Does Bella still have no idea that Edward is taking her to the prom tonight?"

"None at all, poor girl." I giggled.

"I'm so glad he's found her."

"Me too."

"I don't how long it will be until the next issue arises." Carlisle sighed softly. "But I know our family is strong enough to handle whatever may come our way. Edward deserves this happiness and I'm willing to defend it no matter what."

"I love you so much." I smiled up at him, feeling just as love-sick as I was the day I married him.

"As I love you." He smiled back at me, pressing a sweet kiss to my lips before resuming our eternal dance.