Chapter Forty-One~Fight Night

Chapter Forty-One
Fight Night
Edythe Cullen
June 11-12, 2006

"Beautiful." Garrett marveled, his mouth moving from mine in order to plant kisses down my throat.

"Really? Even with this disgusting tube down my nose?" I laughed breathlessly while Garrett worked his way across my collarbones and back up my neck.

"Especially with the tube." He laughed, kissing me deeply to prove it. "From the way Carlisle spoke of it, it sounds like the feeding tube was thought about just in time."

"Mmhmm." I agreed, savoring the sensation of his lips devouring mine while his arms held me tightly against his chest.

To think that a mere few hours ago, if someone had told me that Garrett would be here kissing me again, I would've called them crazy!

"Funny that it took so long to think of." He chuckled before leaning back in for another kiss.

"So long?" I pulled away slightly. "I've only been with the Cullens since March. Carlisle's had me on weekly feeding schedules since then."

"Since March!" Garrett paled. "Please don't tell me that you've been with the Volturi all of this time." He shook his head rapidly.

"Shh, it's alright." I promised him, stroking my fingers across his face soothingly. "Everything is alright now. What matters is that we're together again."

"You're right." He nodded, kissing me again. "I just hate to think about those sick psychopaths keeping you prisoner for so long." He huffed, his same overprotective and passionate tendencies on full display.

"Soldier, are you in distress? Can I get you anything?" I teased him, earning a loud laugh and another round of heavy petting.

"Funny girl." He teased.

"A funny girl who's late." Alice's voice rang out, laughing, seconds before she and Jasper appeared in the small clearing Garrett and I had escaped to. "Party is over. I had a distressing vision and so we're all having a meeting about it. You two should come."

"Okay." I nodded, grudgingly, before standing slowly to my feet.

Of course, Garrett was there immediately to help me to my feet and make sure I didn't get sick. He had taken Carlisle's instructions to heart.

"Alice, Jasper, you know you both could've given me a little heads up about my wife being a Cullen. And, you know, alive." Garrett teased them as we joined them across the clearing.

Alice laughed, "Sorry, but you would've been in too much distress hearing that. You wouldn't have believed me, so you wouldn't have come, and then you would've gone on miserable without her for another few years until she got strong enough to track you down herself." She directed. "Now, are you both going to follow us back to the house or am I gonna have to drag you."

"She'll do it." I assured Garrett.

"After you then." He motioned to Alice before wrapping his arm around my waist in order to run me to the house.

"You know I could've gotten here on my own, right?" I smirked up at Garrett as he sat me back onto my feet on the pack porch.

"There's no sense in exhausting yourself, sweetheart." He teased me in turn, taking my hand in his before towing me behind him, Jasper, and Alice.

"How considerate." I joked, earning a chuckle from Garrett as we joined the group in the dining room.

"Holy shit!" Garret exclaimed, eyes wide as he took in Edwards appearance as he approached us. "You weren't kidding when you said there's two of them." He turned to my mother.