Chapter Seven~Forks, Washington: Part One

Chapter Seven
Forks, Washington: Part One
Elizabeth Cullen
Forks, Washington. 1936.

"Everyone! I got something exciting in the mail today, come to the living room, please." Carlisle urged.

After quickly wiping the paint from my hands, I walked down the hall to Rosalie and Emmetts' door, and tried not to listen in on what was going on behind it.

"Hey, you two included." I knocked.

"Sorry, Ma." Emmett laughed, opening the door, his hair a ruffled mess. "We're celebrating."

"Ten years." Rosalie shook her head as she joined us in the hall.

"A whole decade with this angelic creature by my side." Emmett beamed as they followed me downstairs to the living room.

Emmett, while experiencing the haze of venom and pain, promptly declared that Rosalie was an angel. Then, once he got a good look at Carlisle and I, while still fighting the pain, he was in total shock that God had such a pretty wife.

Thankfully, he's carried that same lightheartedness and excitement for life into his new existence. We hadn't known what to expect out of him, but we were all surprised and touched when he said that "hell couldn't be so bad with an angel like Rosalie around." He and Rosalie fell in love that first moment it seemed, much like Carlisle and I, however, they became inseparable instantly. There was no building a relationship with them, they accepted they were meant to be together and solidified that bond as soon as possible, then got to know each other and found that they loved each other even more than they realized.

It has been a great ten years for the Cullen household. Years full of peace and love and learning has fostered a really close bond between all of us. However, Rosalie and Emmett have spent the majority of it getting kicked out of the house, as the rest of us couldn't stand the level of passion they constantly were at. They've calmed down, some, and so they're back in the house on a temporary basis for this new town.

Forks is perfect. It's small, remote, and under a constant cover of clouds. The town is big enough to mask our presence, but small enough that it's possible for us to live away from town surrounded by miles and miles of trees. The kids love it, I love it, and Carlisle is loved by the town already when we haven't even officially moved in.

"Come on! Is Edward the only one who shares my enthusiasm here?" Carlisle laughed as Rosalie, Emmett, and myself causally strolled into the living room.

"What's got you so worked up?" I laughed at the childlike level of excitement on his face as he pulled me to stand next to him.

"Yeah, last time you were this excited Elizabeth was wearing that little black dress with the-"

"Emmett." Rosalie cut him off quickly as they sat on the couch with Edward. "Not the time."

"It's never the time." Edward shook his head, always mortified by Emmetts' crudeness.

"Enough, this is a very special package." Carlisle redirected focus as he cut the edge of a long square box open and slid a frame wrapped in bubble wrap out. "It's your mother's newest doctoral certification." He smiled widely, handing me my framed diploma.

"Dr. Elizabeth Marie Cullen." I smiled back at him, feeling like I might cry, no matter how many times I've heard the title now.

"I thought I liked calling you Mrs. Cullen, but I like calling you Dr. Cullen even more." He teased me, pressing a sweet kiss to my cheek as I stood transfixed on my title.

"To think as a human I was fighting for the right to vote, and now, decades later I'm a doctor of medicine with proof to show for it." I shook my head.