Chapter Thirty-Three~Cullen

Cullen
Edythe
May 15, 2006

Rain. Again.

God, I hate the rain here! It makes everything much too dark. I can't help but think of that horrendous night with this constant rain surrounding me.

Rain. A dark alley. A villainous man.

"Despicable human being." I shook my head, observing the slimy man below search for an access point to the building of the roof I was perched on.

"What? I used to do the same thing, sneak into your room at night." Garrett chuckled darkly, joining my side and pressing his face into my hair.

"That was completely consensual." I remarked, trying not to let him distract me. "He's not going to be hurting anyone tonight."

"You want this one, Red?" Garrett smiled at me, a teasing glint in his deeply black eyes.

"Makes me sick." I shook my head at him. "All yours." I grinned seductively.

"Thanks, doll." He rewarded me with a quick kiss before letting me get to work.

I dropped the few stories down into the alley, too quietly for the man to have heard anything, and straightened out my outfit before alerting him to my presence.

"Hey, handsome!" I called him and he quickly backed away from the window he was attempting to break into.

His disgusting eyes seemed to brighten instantly, "Hello there."

"Freeze." I ordered him.

He squawked a little in surprise as every muscle in his body locked into place. His eyes now held nothing but fear for me.

"Shh, now. No silly noises." I laughed lightly at him. "It'll be over soon." I nodded, my signal to my husband.

Garrett dropped from above, swiftly breaking the mans neck and draining him quickly. All the while I was trying not to gag on the scent of the mans blood.

"Good?" I asked Garrett as he disposed of the body and joined my side.

"Repulsive, apparently." He teased me yet again. "Funny, I created a broken vampire."

"Like I haven't heard that one before." I smiled wryly back at him. "Come on, let's get going." I pulled him down the alleyway with me.

"Just a moment, friends." A strangers voice halted us and Garrett's tense reaction told me that this would not be a pleasant visit.

"If I tell you to run, you run. Do you understand me?" Garrett whispered frantically in my ear, pressing a kiss to the side of my head, before turning us around to face our 'friends'.

"Oh, that wouldn't be very wise." A young vampiric girl frowned at Garrett.

"Jane." Garret greeted her, kind of. "Alec. Felix." He addressed her companions standing close behind.

"We weren't aware that a mate had joined you, Garrett." Jane continued on. "She's young."

"Nearly ten years, now." I negated, before my husband hushed me quickly.

"A child, truly." The large hulking vampire behind Jane laughed at me before I could discourage Garrett from hushing me. "Still, she's certainly not hard to look at."

"You keep away from her, Felix." Garrett warned him.

"Keep away? Master Aro will be quite interested in learning of her talent!" The one that I assumed to be Alec remarked.