Chapter Thirteen~Stalker

Chapter Thirteen
Stalker
Elizabeth Cullen
Forks, Washington. January to March, 2005.

I was beaming when I finished with my last post-op check in of the night. I was an hour past my shift, and the events of the day had somehow left me feeling tired, so I was more than happy to clock out and rush out to my car.

The acute panic attack I had experienced in the exam room had not entirely left my system, and I knew that it wouldn't until I could assure myself that all of my kids were okay. And at this point, that might as well include Bella.

I couldn't help but let my mind wander with the idea of Bella being apart of our family now. I was counting on Alice's vision of Bella as a vampire coming to fruition, as I wasn't prepared to face the one of her death, and so I had to start thinking of her in terms of being apart of our family. Carlisle said she was perceptive, but did that equal intellect in his mind? Edward can't be with someone who doesn't challenge him intellectually in someway, he's too argumentative and stubborn for someone to stomach it if they can't match his same intensity.

I shook myself out of those thoughts as I pulled into the drive, as I didn't want Edward overhearing them. It seemed silly to me that I was suddenly so concerned about Bella being good enough for my son, and not the other way around. I should be worrying about my vampire son being good enough for her.

"God, just let him be happy, please." I begged quietly as I parked my car in the garage. "Don't punish that beautiful boy for my decision to turn us against you. Please, allow him this happiness, bring his soulmate into his existence." I prayed quickly, knowing it might as well fall on deaf ears, before getting out of my car and heading into the house.

"What a devoted mother." Carlisle caught me around the waist the moment I stepped through the door. "Praying to a god that no longer listens to you to beg on your sons behalf." He sighed, pressing a kiss to the back of my neck.

"I have to do something." I sighed in return, happy to be in his arms but eager to go find and console Edward. "I need to go talk to Edward."

"There's been some...issues." Carlisle sighed deeply, spinning me slightly so he could wrap his arms around my front, kissing up my neck to keep me calm.

"What kind of issues?" I worried anyway.

"When I got home," he paused as he pressed a kiss to the hollow of my throat "I had to practically pull Rosalie off of Edward."

"What?" I gasped, both in shock and in pleasure. "It was that bad? I thought you were going to keep them calm and talk!"

"A fight ensued. Rosalie and Jasper advocated to kill Bella Swan to reduce the threat of her talking, but Alice swore she wouldn't cause any issues. Everything is still on tract for both Edward and Bella's futures." Carlisle explained, speaking the words softly in my ear as his hands travelled my body. "Actually, apparently the future is solidifying even more for them."

"Well...that's good and bad." I sighed heavily. "Now I have to go talk to Edward."

"He's out doing some soul searching in the woods." Carlisle retorted, clamping his arms around me tighter. "I still owe you for this morning, remember? And after seeing you administering compressions while riding on a gurney with such a level head...I must say I'm impressed with you, Dr. Cullen."

"Mmm, fine." I huffed, entirely too turned on to say no. Besides, Carlisle was right, Edward wouldn't talk to me anyway while in one of his moods. "Just take me already." I growled impatiently, and he was more than happy to run us both upstairs to our bedroom.

"He's back." I panted, trying (sort of) to escape Carlisle's hold on my hips. "I've got to go." I whined, mostly at the sensation of my husbands unspeakable act.