Chapter 25 - Slower Breaths

Ink's POV

It's been at least 4 days, and there had been little signs of recovery.

During some of my visits, Error's soul beating would get slower than average, only to go back to normal after some time.
It wasn't happening before; it was new.

Dream and Fresh had been checking up on me more often.

I'm now sitting in his room, looking at his unconscious body. His chest rose and fell rather slowly.

I tried to memorize a pattern with the beeping.
It had been going well until the next beep took longer than expected than the others; it was slowing down again.

Looking up at him, his chest barely moved.
I always got worried, and in all honesty, I have every right to.

I waited for the beeping to go back to normal, but it didn't.
Instead, it only got slower.

It was getting too slow.
Almost if on cue, a nurse came in the room. Once she noticed the pace of the monitor, she kindly, yet hurriedly asked me to leave.

I backed out of the room, being mildly confused.

Once I was fully out, other doctors rushed in.

I continued to pace outside of his room. There was very little commotion from inside.

 Later, it was passed on as a false alarm. 

Eventually, friends came over. Dream forced Nightmare to come for entertainment, while the others came just because. 

We sat together in my living room. 

"We can all agree he's going to die, right?"

"Nightmare!" Horror scolded before nudging his head in my direction.

Nightmare rolled his eyes. "He's gonna die, Ink."

"Shut it, you wannabe octopus." Dream said. He put a hand on my back, gently rubbing it. "He's not going to die."

Nightmare forcefully coughed loudly. 

"SHUT." Dream yelled, snapping his head at Nightmare. "I wish I could [frankenfood] make sushi out of you." 

Dream looked at Fresh, being confused with his censored word.

"It means modified food." Fresh said while taking a sip of kool-aid. 

Dust snorted from the corner of the room while Horror raised an 'eyebrow'. 

Killer suddenly threw his phone and leaned back into the couch with a carefree expression that somehow also held rage. 

"What happened?-" Blue looked up from his phone.

"Why do people use the word in the definition. What's the point of explaining if you're gonna use the word." Killer complained, throwing one of his arms in the air (attached). 

The room was silent. 

"That's what made you throw your phone..?" Dust spoke up from the corner.

"YES. That shit is annoying." Killer picked up his phone.
"What word were you trying to search?" Blue said, trying to hold in his laugh.

"Ironic." 
"You don't know what 'ironic' means?"
"No.."
"That's sa-"

"I have the brain cell of a goldfish, shut the fuck up." Killer interrupted Nightmare.
"I can see that."