Chapter 1- Ink with hardcore depression

Credit to the name goes to Ilovecream45 :))

Ink's POV

I opened my eyes after coming out of the inky portal to be met with the steamy air and red theme of Hotlands.

The dirt path (at least I think it is) lightly crunched underneath my shoes as I continued to walk.
In the distance, I could see Sans' Hot Dog stand.

"Want a hot dog?" Sans said, in his usual lazy voice.

"No thanks, sorry. Maybe next time?" I suggested, if there will be a 'next time'.

"Eh, don't worry about it. Maybe I can stack hot dogs on the kid's head again." He chuckled at the memory and closed his sockets again.

Having said that, maybe they're doing a run right now.

I started walking a bit faster to hurry up and get to my destination.

This speed walk is probably just as fast as how a normal-sized human being, or skeleton would walk.
Oh, do tell, why did I have to be so short?

After more walking, I finally made it.

Looking down at the pit of lava underneath me, feeling the heat rise once again.

I felt myself getting wobbly. Shaking my head, I push myself off.

Error's POV

I thought it would be funny to disturb the player while the run was happening.

I took their hot dog, I'm so evil.

I swung around a bit more and decided to fling myself just because.

And so I did. I didn't fall on the floor like an idiot, thankfully.

I look around to see the squid walking a bit fast for his pace.

Wonder where he's in a rush to go.

...

I'ma follow him.

He started to slow down..

I didn't see anything that he could slow down for, until he turned towards the bubbling lava.

What could he possibly be doing..?

I was paying very close attention to his actions. He started moving weirdly, almost like he was losing balance.

I moved closer towards him, just in case he fell.

Almost as if on cue, he did just that. Instead of falling, it looked like he pushed himself.

I rushed to the same place he fell from and let my string wrap around his waist.

As my strings are coming back, I find ink tangled up in them. The strings came back a bit too fast and ended up throwing him back against the ground. As soon as he hit the ground, he tried his best to get out of the strings.

After the strings left Ink's body, he scrambled up again to run back to the cliff.
I quickly ran after him, wrapping my arms around his waist while ignoring his pleads to let him go.

"Ink. Ink, can you please listen to me?" I asked him. He needs to explain what just happened.

I felt him stop squirming in my arms as I sat on the dirt path, leaving him to sit on my lap.

"Why'd you do that? Are you drunk or something?"

"No. I'm sober." He avoided eye contact. Or socket contact?

"Then why are you running around Hotlands jumping into pits of lava? You aren't coming back in some type of bubble if that's what you thought."

"I know what I was doing." He mumbled, still not making eye contact. His head turned towards the edge.

"Why?"
He looked up at me with confusion. His adorable little eyes were blue. The yellow star that was always there being replaced by a question mark with a darker shade.

((I don't know why but I just thought of the purple guy throwing it back with the animatronics throwing cash at him. Send help))

"I mean why did you do it if you knew you were gonna die, or get seriously injured?"

".. don't worry about that. Something's are better not known."

That isn't something that I would normally hear from someone like him. He's normally so happy and energetic. But now the little energetic skeleton was here, about to commit suicide.

I felt him get up and take a couple of steps away from me. He looked at me with a smile, summoning a portal behind him.

"Until our next battle?"
"..sure.."

I heard him giggle a little bit. It made me feel so warm inside, yet things didn't add up.

He turned to go into the portal but as soon as he turned, he looked right back at me.

"One more thing Error. Can we not talk about this? Or mention it to anybody."

"..."

I don't want to lie to him, but he probably needs help. I want to help him. I want to make sure he's okay.

"I promise."

That was a lie I'd probably never be forgiven for.

((Congratulations on finishing my garbage for today. I'm sorry, I'm not very skilled at writing

Word count: 812
6/1/2020
+edited