* Holiday special! :) *

Light shinned into the somewhat sleeping skeletal body sprawled onto the couch.

Ink stretched before shuffling underneath the blanket thrown over himself.
Sleeping on the couch isn't very comfortable- for him at least.

Although he stretched, his back still felt oddly stiff.
As he sat up, he grabbed his phone and looked at his home screen.

It was expected but still surprised him that a notification from his best friend, Dream, sat there. Two from at least an hour ago.

"'Good morning Ink!! :)))'"
"'We were gonna have a little get together today for the holidays if you want to come.'"

Ink stared at the message for a minute.

It would be better than sitting here and moping all day.

________________________________

He took a deep breath before walking into the kitchen of his best friend's home.

"Hey, Ink!", Dream ran over to hug his smaller friend, "Glad you could make it." He whispered with a smile.

"Yeah, me too." Ink smiled back.

"Oh! Everyone else is in the living room if you want to go now." Dream said as he ran back to the stove, twisting the nob to turn down the heat.

Ink shook his head, "I'll wait for you."

"Are you sure? It's gonna take me a while. You could say 'Hi' to everyone in the meantime."  Dream asked as he turned back to look at him.

"Yeah," Ink nodded, "What are you even doing anyway?"

"Making hot chocolate! What's Christmas without some warm drinks?" Dream exclaimed.

Ink jokingly scoffed.

"Want marshmallows in yours?"  Dream held up a bag of mini marshmallows and lightly shook it with a smile.

"Sure."

Ink pulled a seat out from the kitchen island and sat down as he watched Dream continue to make cups of hot chocolate.

From the living room, Blue could be heard yelling profanities.
Suddenly, the sound of breaking glass immediately took both of their attention.

"I'll be back..." Dream huffed as he dropped the supplies on the counter and rushed to the next room.

Ink smiled to himself.
It felt nostalgic.

"Oh shit!" Reaper yelled as he walked into the kitchen (with Geno of course).
"Hi, Ink!" Geno gasped as he made his way over to hug him.

Ink smiled and turned around in his seat to return the hug to Geno.

"How come you didn't just go to the living room?" Reaper questioned as he pushed himself up to sit on the counter. "Blue and Fresh had been asking if you were coming."

"I was waiting for Dream to come back and finish the cocoa."  

Speak of the devil, a new yet familiar voice spoke- more of yelled at a certain skeleton.

"Excuse me, why are you sitting on my counter?"

Reaper, the only one on the counter, turned around with a guilty expression.

"No ass on the counter." Dream scolded.

Reaper whined as he slid off the surface.

"What happened in the living room?" Ink asked as he leaned over.

"I don't even know." Dream shook his head and walked back to the mugs with warm water inside.

"Sometimes I just think we're basically just drinking watered chocolate."

"Shut up, Reaper." Geno said as he grabbed his cup and walked away.

Reaper sighed, "He's so mean to me... Dream, which cup is mine?"

"Doesn't matter."

"I don't get special coffee in mine?"

"No."

Reaper sighed again, "Everyone's so mean to me."

"Shut up."

"My villain arc..." Reaper frowned as he grabbed a random mug and walked off.

Dream turned to Ink with a smile, "Come. Let's go with the others."

Ink nodded and pushed himself off the stool while Dream held two mugs.

He walked towards Ink and gave him a mug as they started walking into the living room.

As soon as they walked in, they were met with the sight of board game pieces littered all over the ground.
Some of their friends formed a circle around the board on the ground, a couple was sitting on the couch, talking amongst each other.

Blue was the first to notice the newcomer (s) in the room.
He immediately jumped up and gave Ink a hug,  his Christmas hat falling off in the process.
Excited yelling filled the room- from one skeleton.

Once Blue calmed down and everyone greeted each other, Ink took a seat on the couch.

He lifted the cup to his mouth.
Everyone was smiling and laughing

Of course, there was still someone they were missing.

_________

Ink walked down the bland halls of the hospital and opened the door to an all-familiar room.

More equipment stood next to the bed.
The blanket was comfortably tucked around a skeleton- a glitchy skeleton.

His chest rose and fell at a steady pace.
He looked peaceful, but it was obvious how much pain he was really in.

"Hey, Error." Ink's voice croaked as he walked closer to his lover and took a seat next to him, just like he always did.

______________________________

Holidays are coming up and Mariah Carey is waking up again.

Attempting to make a 'Holiday special' as an apology for the lack of attention I'm giving to this book.
Surprisingly, but I do appreciate people still reading this book, so thank you.

Hopefully, you all enjoy your time :)
Happy Holidays!!
Bye 🐄