The Fourth Chapter

Alma

My mood immediately went down the drain when I caught sight of Alan and a woman in the boutique Minda had decided to shop in. The position they were both in immediately gave out the fact that they were a couple. I scoffed mentally as his thoughts filled my mind. He was haunting me physically with his presence everywhere I found myself and now my mind was filled with his thoughts.

"Alma,how do I look?" Minda came out of the dressing room wearing a bright pink bodycon dress. It had white floral sequins displayed on the dress and a tiny slit to the middle of her thigh.

"You look gorgeous, Minda. You should buy it. You could wear it to the fashion show you were invited to."i muttered, and she gave an excited nod as she dashed back to the dressing room.

I smiled at her giddiness before grabbing my phone. There were tons of notifications from my many social media accounts. Ever since I was revealed as the redeemed member of the Salvador family, my social media platforms had been flooded with countless follows and lots of comments.

I sighed, I noticed I'd been doing that lately but I just couldn't help it. Everything seemed to tire me out. The ring of my phone shot me out of my thoughts.

I grinned when I saw the caller's ID.

"Hello Ma. How are you doing?"

"Hi my baby. I'm so good and I'm glad to hear from you. I'm so sorry I couldn't attend your debut ball though I saw the news. I'm so sorry you went through that."

I adjusted myself on the couch before speaking," Ma it's no big deal. Grandpa will sort it out soon." I could hear my mother's scoff from her line.

"Sort it out. Doesn't it seem to be taking much longer?"I groaned internally, knowing where this conversation was going.
My mother and my grandfather never got along. They had this animosity against each other, something I didn't understand. However,it seemed to be lingering on something from the past.

"He's supposed to make you feel comfortable about this life,yet he can't even-"

"Ma."I said cutting her off."it's alright. This is something I'll be frequently experiencing. The earlier I fit in, the better. Don't worry about me."

I knew she wanted to say more and I was more than glad when Minda stepped out of the dressing room.

"Ma, I gotta go. I'll speak to you later."I said ending the call.

"Your mother?"she asked suggestively. Nodding my head, I got off the couch, dragging her to the cashier.

"Ma'am, your bills have already been paid."the young cashier said, nervousness danced in her eyes as she looked at us.

"Paid? What do you mean paid?" Minda questioned her, confusion lit in her chocolate brown eyes.

"The man who recently left paid money to cover for your expenses. He said to tell you that was a welcoming favour."she spoke before switching her attention to me,"and Miss,he told me to hand this to you."she pulled out a business card and handed it to me.

My mind immediately had his name captured.

Alan.

What in goodness name was he trying to prove with what he was doing? For goodness sake, I'd clearly spelt out at the ball yesterday that he shouldn't make a move to get close to me and he was already crossing the boundaries.

"It seems he's pretty serious to get back with you. What about giving him a chance? I bet your babies are going to be so cute."she spoke teasingly, making me roll my eyes at her comment. The cashier however had a light tinge of pink on her cheeks at her comment.

Not wanting her to speak further, I grabbed Minda's hand and pulled her out of the place,her shopping bags clutched in her hand.

Finding a bin filled with paper, I dumped the card in it, Minda watched me, wide-eyed at my actions.

"Why would you do that?"she said, dropping her bags before opening the bin and grabbing the card.

"You will talk to him. It's not an option, young lady. Stop running away from your problems because no matter how far you run, it will catch up with you one day. And it won't be pleasant."

Begrudgingly, I grabbed it from her hand and shoved it in my bag.
Soon we found ourselves back at the mansion and the first thing I did was call Alan.

"I won't leave this place until you call him. I don't trust that head of yours. You'd probably toss it in the fire."her gaze rested on the fireplace in my bedroom before her eyes landed on me.

"Fine. I'll call him."

Calling Alan was something I'd ever imagine myself doing. I remember blacklisting his and Axel's numbers out of sheer anger because they indirectly insulted me and my feelings by competing over me like I was just an ordinary thing,a freaking prize after a tournament.

But with the stern look on Minda's face, I'd have to call him or not because no matter how angry I was with him, I couldn't avoid him forever.

As they say, the earlier the better. That's what I'd do, face this problem and get over it.

"Hello. Alan Elmer speaking. Who's this please?"

"It's me."I whispered into the phone  and a loud silence ensued.

"Alma? You called me?"his voice held relief and happiness. It seemed he didn't expect me to call.

"Yeah, it's me. What do you want from me?"my question earned me a glare from Minda but I overlooked it.

"Look, I really want us to speak. Could we please meet up tomorrow? I promise I won't take long, just let me speak to you, please?"

I released a deep breath,"Fine. I'll meet you tomorrow. Bye."

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii my lovelies, chapter 4 has also finally arrived.

What are your comments on the chapter? Please lemme know.

Also don't forget to please drop a vote.

Love you all
brunettemuse.

💕💕💕