Chapter 3: Game on

Lily
We all walked Into riptide gym. Devon zoey said. Welcome everyone in a few minutes we will begin the final round of Coral harbors annual e-sports championships the judge said as we all cheered. The next fight will decide who will be the champion of backstreet brawler 3 he continued as we all cheered again. Hey son the mayor said. Congratulations to our finalists Devon Daniels he said as we all cheered for him. Can you believe it I'm in the finals dad Devon said. Yeah he said as he stepped back. And Kerry Dixton the judge finished as everyone cheered for her as well. The consoles use augmented reality Nate said. Each player controls a holographic fighter I said. Players set the judge said. Player one fighter sensei bones the game said as Devons fighter appeared. Player two fighter sinister Sasha the game said as Kerry's fighter appeared. The tow game fighters turned to each other. Fighters set the judge said. Devon turned to Kerry. Good luck Devon said. You will need it she fired back. And now the moment you have all been waiting for ready set brawls the judge said as the game began. We were all cheering for Devon. Come on Devon I said. Warning the judge sAid to Kerry as her fighter bumped into the judge as Kerry groaned. Yes Devon said turning to us. Did the hologram just bump into the judge the mayor asked. Affirmative the game used hard light technology capable of physically interacting with real objects Nate said. Cutting edge stuff I said. Go Devon Nate said. Excuse me I need to make a call the mayor said and left. Nate and I looked at each other but we rubbed it off as we continued watching Devon. That was until Devon was frozen. What in the I'm frozen Devon said as he tried to get his fighter to move. Come on Devon zoey said. You are history now Kerry said. God she is a moody cow I thought. No way Devon said. Then the worse possible thing happened blaze and Roxy showed up. You are joking me I said. They got rid of the fighters. Hang on they have blaze now zoey said. They must have scanned him like Roxy I said. You need to check on him Devon said. What about you I said. Don't worry about us you need to check on your brother Nate said. Go Devon said. I sighed as I left. Blaze I said as I hugged him. Hey you okay he asked. Yeah did scrozzle scan you I asked. Yeah why he asked. They have made a new avatar of you I said. No way he said. Yeah I said.

Grid battle force:
Hey guys I said. Hey Nate said. So what happened where's Devon I asked. He went to get his spare console Nate said. Hey found my spare console Devon said running in. Great taking a look inside it might help us find a way to defeat that robotron Nate said. What happened I asked. They made clones of us and we had to fight them zoey said. Wow these robotron like to get weirder I said. If anyone can figure it out it's you Devon said. Devons phone started ringing. It's the gaming tournament he said as he answered. Devon Daniels he said as we all looked at him. Okay I'll be right there I gotta get to the riptide there's some kind of announcement about the tournament Devon said. We will call you if we need you Ravi said. Thanks Devon said as he left. Nate then started looking inside the console. Well I said. I really thought they would be something but we have studied every inch of it no clues on defeating gamertron Nate said. And no sign of her or blaze and Roxy anywhere zoey said. We need some kind of strategy I said. Rangers there is a young lady here she says it's important she meets with you immediately the commander said. Why Devon said. She claims to have information about that robotron but she will only talk to the rangers you will need to morph since she can't know your identities the commander said as we all nodded. We followed the commander to where the young lady was and it turned out to be Kerry. Hello Devon said. Hi I'm Kerry she said. You Devon said. Excuse me Kerry said. Nothing so uh the commander said you wanted to talk to usDevon said. Yes I was in the video game finals when the gym was attacked my console was stolen and transformed into that robotron the one that made the ranger holo clones Kerry said. We know they are tough customers I said. I saw your fight and those clones seem to be using the games programming but I think I know how we could beat them Kerry said. You do how Ravi asked. I figured out a secret move one that can beat any fighter I think it could beat the Holo clones too Kerry said. How can a move in a game help in a real battle steel said. If the fight is based on the same game then it stands to reason that it may have the same weaknesses Nate said. Exactly it's a certain combination of fight moves when you do it your opponent will freeze up you hit your opponent fast twice in the left shoulder twice in the right shoulder and one slash down the chest when you have done that your opponent should freeze in place Kerry said. Wait a minute twice in the left shoulder twice in the right and one slash down the middle and your opponent freezes up Devon said. Oh I see now she did that in the tournament I thought. That's right it's a bug in the game I found it by accident I haven't told anyone except you Kerry said. Hold on so if its a bug then you aren't winning the game by fighting Ravi said. You are winning by cheating Devon said. I didn't want to cheat it's just my little brother Louie he loves soccer and he was badly injured if we can't pay for his surgery he will never play again Kerry said. So the winners prize money would pay for the surgery I said. Yeah Kerry said. Listen Kerry I'm sure you have worked hard to become a great gamer with your skills you have got a chance of winning the final Devon said. But if you cheat to win then you are no winner at all I said. Then the siren went off. What's wrong Devon asked. Gamertron is attacking a truck if game consoles in sector Zika 7-5 the commander said. If she gets those consoles evox will have everything he needs to build an army of gamertrons Nate said. Kerry you gotta show us those moves one more time Devon said. Okay Kerry said.

Later on in the city:
No chance Devon said. We blasted her and she went flying. The gig is up gamertron zoey said. So you have returned for a rematch wait you have another one she said. That's right I said. Yeah to end you Devon said. Wait guys can she make another one that looks like me I asked. No she only has us three so you theee escort the truck back to base we will deal with  this noob Devon said. Good luck Nate said as we ran off to get the truck back to base. Lil you can take it from here Nate said. What but I said. Lily you need to stay here besides the others need mine and steels help and remember I'm still working on your zord from when evox blowed it up with ours so you can't help anyway Nate said. I know you are right okay I'll deal with the truck you guys go I said. I got back to base without any trouble.

Riptide gym:
Did you handle it zoey asked. Yep all done I said. Okay folks the final round of the e-sports championship is about to begin the judge said. Come Devon zoey said. Okay players ready set brawl the judge said as Kerry and Devon began fighting. Yes Devon come on I said. Devon then knocked Kerry's fighter down. K.O sensi bones wins the game said. Whoo Devon said. She didn't cheat I said. Zoey Nate and I looked at each other and smiled. Devon absorbed his fighter. We all cheered for him. You won fair and square Kerry said as they shook hands. Yeah but you didn't make it easy Devon said as she walked away. Congratulations Devon you are the backstreet brawler 3 grand champion the judge said and we all cheered as the judge gave Devon the trophy and the check money. Yeah alright steel said. The crowd was shouting Devons name. Kerry sighed. Come on she said. Kerry this prize money is for you Devon said. He handed her the check. For me but I lost Kerry said. There's more to gaming than just winning and you are a great player honestly I'm happy with the trophy besides somebody told me that you need the money more than I do Devon said. I really appreciate this Devon Louie said. No problem bro Devon said. Thank you Kerry said and they hugged. So see you at next years champs he asked. I'll be taking home that trophy Kerry said. Devon laughed. Congrats son the mayor said and they hugged. I know you are busy thanks for coming out to support me Devon said. My pleasure the mayor said and then he saturated coughing and and then went away. There's the champ Ravi said. We all cheered for him. So who wants to a pic with my trophy Devon asked. Yeah we all said and we took at picture.