Chapter 12: The greater good

Lily
We got a call saying that there was trouble we got there and when we did we saw chaku with a fire extinguisher. Chaku what happened Devon asked. Sorry rangers I was too late ryjack for away with a load of morph x barrels just as I arrived chaku said. That's the third time this week the commander said. He's going evoxs dirty work now Ravi said. Yes but don't be fooled his true Goal is to steal the ranger weapons from your vault I've spent years chasing his gang of intergalactic outlaws and ryjack a the toughest of them all chaku said. And he's loose in our city zoey said. What are we gonna do I said. Track him down and destroy him my superiors at g5 galaxy police are sending me my battleship the reptillobeast chaku said. Reptillobeast awesome steel said. It should come In handy next time we face off with ryjack chaku said. Captain you do good work you have helped us more than once the commander said. It is my duty and honor to assist the power rangers commander chaku said. After ryjack is defeated would you join us at grid battle force the commander asked. Good idea commander more silver on the team can only be a good thing steel said. Oh uh chaku said. What's  wrong captain I asked. Well it's just that earth is quite far from my home galaxy but if it's for the greater good then yes I will join your forces chaku said. Oh cool this gonna be great devon said. I can't wait for the reptilliobeast steel said. Hey what's wrong Nate said as he pulled me aside. I don't think he wants to stay I said. Well he said he would Nate said. Yeah but I don't think he wants to I think he has a family back home I said. Look the only thing we can do is accept his wishes Nate said. I nodded still unsure. We got back to the base and left chaku Ben and Betty to unpack. Nate and I were walking toward chaku when we saw Ben and Betty covered in slime. What hap—Nate was about to ask. Don't ask they both said as they both walked off. Nate and I looked at each other and smiled. We went to chaku room. You are getting so big now he said. Guess what daddy my science teacher said I'm super smart just like you a little girl said. That's wonderful I'm so very proud of you chaku said. I smiled. Daddy take off your helmet I want to see your smile she said. Oh uh I'm sorry sweetie I'm still on duty and we aren't allowed to take off our helmets chaku said. That's okay I love you she said. I love you too starlight more than you know chaku said. I saw Nate. We then both walked off. Hey you okay I asked. Yeah are you Nate said. Just reminds me what my dad and mum said to me before you know I said. I just wish I could see my parents Nate said. We then got to Nates lab. Wait a sec chaku has a daughter I kinda thought he was a robot Devon said. Hey people can be both steel said. So does she look like him Ravi asked. You mean Does she wear a shiny galaxy police helmet I asked. No she's just a little girl Nate said. I wonder why chaku would be willing to stay on earth and work with us when he has a family back home zoey said. Yea it's pretty sad for her to be separated from him I said. He must have a good reason Ravi said. Shush does anyone else hear that Jax said. What is it cruise said. Seems like somethings happening underground Nate said. Ooh it could be ryjack smash said. There's a drainage tunnel near the base maybe he's burrowing in let's get chaku and check it out Devon said. Good idea steel said. We then left to get chaku. We then saw him and blasted the vivix. No he said. The jigs up Devon said. Rangers he said. Hello ryjack chaku said. Well if it isn't captain chaku how did you find me ryjack said. You are not exactly quiet chaku said. Nows your last chance to surrender ryjack  Devon said. Not happening ryjack said. So be it chaku said. He then went to attack him. Brut he pushed back. I got him Devon said. He tried attack him but nothing worked. I got thick skin ryjack said. He then sliced Devon back. Now stop this nonsense I have a surprise he said. He then brought out a box. What Ravi said. He opened it and blaze was tied up. Blaze I shouted. Ahh so he's important to you is he ryjack said. Let him go I said. Not a chance ryjack said. I then went attack him but vivix got in my way. Hey let me go I said. Ryjack the disappeared. No I shouted. The vivix disappeared. I wanted to cry. Nate came over to me. Hey it's okay Nate said. We got back to the base. We better report to the commander get that tunnel sealed and get blaze back Devon said. Uh captain do you have a minute Nate said I went with him. Of course chaku said. Is everything okay Nate lily chaku said. I hope you don't get upset with us I said. But this morning We overheard you talking to your daughter Nate said. How is that any of your buisness chaku said. You didn't tell us you had family I said. It wasn't relevant chaku said. But don't you wanna go home and see them Nate said. I have mission here in earth chaku said. We understand but we saw the look on her face your daughter really misses you Nate said. We know because for most of Nates childhood his parents worked overseas he still wishes every day that they would visit more often and my parents died when I was young and now my brother blaze has been kidnapped we know what it's like to miss your parents your daughter wants you to come home and nothings house why in the way of that I said. I'm afraid it's not that simple chaku said. Nate and I were confused. Well why not Nate said. Because I'm no longer completely human chaku said. He then took his helmet off. I saw a robotic side. I'm order to survive my dangerous missions the galaxy police made me half machine these cybernetics gave me great powers but they also took away the father she remembers chaku said. I'm sure your daughter would love you no matter what Nate said. I wish I could believe that but this is the life I chose chaku said as he put his helmet back on. I serve the greater good now I will never return home chaku said. He walked out. But chaku Nate said. Nate and I looked at each other. He's not gonna listen I said. Who would he's half machine Nate said. What can we do he refuses to go home said it himself I said. Wait I have an idea Nate said. What I said. You will see you can work on it seeming as you can't fight again Nate said. No I want to come this is my brother do want to save him I said. Lil you know you cannot leave the base again trust me as soon as we can send chaku home you can see him Nate said. Okay I said. They all then left to fight off ryjack and get blaze back. Hey don't worry we will save him I promise Nate said as I nodded.

Later on:
They all came back and assured me blaze was safe. Congratulations your final enemy is history zoey said. Yes my mission is complete I can retire form the g5 galaxy police which means I'm ready for my new assignment with grid battle force I'm at your disposal commander chaku said. You don't seem too excited about joining us chaku the commander said. I'm pleased to serve the greater good chaku said. Before you join us officially Nate said. We have gift for you I said. Is this protocol chaku said. Not really but i bleh whoo are a special case the commander said. Follow me captain Nate said. As you wish chaku said. We then lead the others to the zord bay. As much as you would love to have you on our team Devon said. There is someone else who needs you more Ravi said. I'm sorry I'm not sure I understand chaku said. This machine combined humans with beats dna making them power rangers the same travhnology make steels robotic body half human and now with the help from lily we have adjusted it to reverse the process that made you part robot it will make you fully human again Nate said as I smiled. Fully human is that possible chaku said. You have been a warrior long enough I said. If you would like you can back to being a dad the commander said. I-I -I don't know what to say chaku said. I looked at Nate and chaku looked at the morph x and the machine. Wow chaku said. He took his helmet off again. He then stood underneath the machine. I'm ready chaku said. Nate then activated the machine. Beginning cybernetic extraction and DNA rejuvenation Nate said. A green glow went sound chaku. It then reveled him. It worked I said. Nate and I both went up to him. Chaku then looked in the mirror to see that his robotic side had gone. How can I ever thank you chaku said. No need we are the ones who owe you I said. Without you we wouldn't have never defeated ryjack Devon said. Now it's time for you to go and see your daughter zoey said. He walked up to Nate and I. Have no doubt the parents miss you too Nate and I know they wish you could all be together they just be very proud to have a son like you and lily your parents miss you too they may never come back but I know they are proud of you and your brother too chaku said as he hugged us both. He then began to walk towards the exit before he stopped. Before I leave is there anything else I can do for you chaku said. Could I have your awesome reptillabest steel said. He's just kidding Nate said. No I really want it steel said. Steel stop if I said. Sorry steel I'm afraid that's galaxy police property chaku said. Eh it was worth a shot steel said as we all chuckled. So long rangers chaku said. He then left. We went back to Nates lab as Ben and Betty had something to show us. Captain chaku said we could keep his plant Ben said. And we have found a perfect use for it Betty said. She then opened the case to reveal the plant. We then all stepped back. Stay back good plantie betty said. What do you do when it's hungry Nate asked. Well we don't want her to eat us again so we have been experimenting with new food ben said. Check this out betty said. Ben then gets a stool and move back. Betty then grabs some trash and gets up on the stool. She then feeds it to the plant. So you feed it trash I said. Oh yeah she looooooooooves it Betty said. And that's not all any second now ben said. Should we stand back steel said. The plant then spits out plastics. See she spits out the recyclables ben said. Wow what a neat plant reminds me of spot steel said. It then spits out some slime. I miss spot steel said. Ew I said. She's still being house trained Betty said. Nates wrist comm beeped. Guys it's an incoming call from chaku Nate said. You know I bet it's about the reptisllobeast steel said. Here it is Nate said. Then chaku and his daughter came up. Okay starlight it's recording what did you wanna say chaku said. Thank you rangers for sending my daddy home the little girl said as she hugged him. Aw steel said. He then switched it off. We did good huh I said. Looks like he's right where he belongs zoey said. And so are all of us steel said. We then have each other a side hug.