Chapter 4: Artist anonymous

Lily
I was with Nate and steel heading to Nates lab and we saw Ravi. Hey Ravi nate said. What have you been painting I asked. I saw him trying to wash his hands. Um nothing just touched a freshly painted wall in our house remolding you know Ravi said. I guess I forgot you guys were doing that steel said. It's not true I said. Is Ravi said. Cruise must be rubbing off on me steel said. Ravis phone started ringing. Hey Ravi said. Who is it I asked. Devon somethings on the news Ravi said. Good news I hope steel said. This building has been marked for demolition until a new mural appeared today zoeys mum said. Cool steel said no way Ravi said. No one knows who the mystery artist is but people sure love their work she said. Ravi did you do this I asked. Well he said. I rolled my eyes. So people really like it huh Ravi said. Of course they do I said. What do you mean my skills okay I painted it how did you know it was me Ravi asked. Nate steel and I all looked at each other. Sure I'll head over now Ravi said as he hung up. Hey wait a second steel said. You guys coming Ravi asked. You painted the mural this morning didn't you Nate asked. That's why you were washing your hands I said. Yeah that's true i did paint it Ravi said. We already know you like to paint why lie to us about it nate asked. I'm sorry bro I've been keeping my painting a secret for so long telling little lies value it is just a reflex now Ravi said. Here's the thing whether it's a little lie or a big lie Nate started. It's not cool how would you like it if we did that to you I said. I wouldn't like it all I won't lie to you again I promise Ravi said. Okay thanks Nate said. You better go check out your first art exhibit Nate said. See ya guys Ravi said and ran out. I'm lost who is remolding steel asked. Nate and I looked at each other and smiled. That's when my wrist comm beeped. Guys a robotron had breached security on parking level one Ravi said. Let's go Nate said. Your weapons can't stop me the robotron said as we arrived. But we can steel said. We got this Ravi Nate said as all theee I'd us ran towards the robotron. Thanks guys Ravi said. Steel went underneath and was trapped Nate and I blasted the robotron. He fell backwards and released steel. You just feel for the old Roly poly steel said as he got up and Ravi joined us. This locks gonna bolt he said and he ran. After him Ravi said. We then all ran after him. Not so fast Ravi said. He then got in front of the robotron. He began fighting it. Then steel Nate and I joined in eventually he fell to the ground. Ouch you can't catch me he said and got up. He kept running. We then all flipped in and got in front of him. Think again Ravi said. Wha the robotron said. Incoming Devon said as he and zoey came on cruise. More rangers no thanks he said and disappeared. Stop Devon said. Hey team zoey said. Sorry we are late Devon said. Don't worry about it I have a feeling he will be back Ravi said. We were outside grid battle force. That is a lot of paint mr mayor the commander said as we all ran up. Ah there they are son the mayor said.dad what are you doing here Devon asked as he hugged him. I'm working on a new cAmpaign to promote morph x as the energy source of the world the mayor said. He's convinced me to allow a mural to be painted here on the outside of our hq the commander said. A mural but why Ravi asked. To keep the public excited about the global morph x network the more buzz we can get going the better and as we all know the new mural down town is extremely popular therefore we will is the same artist to paint this one the mayor said. But how will you find the artist Nate asked. He's right here guys meet Pierre the mayor said as a weird looking painter came out of the back of the van. Bonjour he said. Uh Ravi said. You painted it I asked. Mais oui I am guilty of creating beauty the soul of the city it speaks to me and my paintbrush began to dance Pierre said. Whatever that means steel said. You don't recognize Pierre you chased him off when he was painting is he the artist or not the commander asked. Well it's just that he moves so fast when he ran away but yeah this is the guy definitely Ravi said. Pierre then clapped his hands. I am ready to make this building into a work of art he said. Let's get you set up the commander said. Oui he said. The wall you are painting is just over here the commander said. Come come Pierre said as him the mayor and the commander walked away. Ravi turned to us. The guy is taking credit for my work incredible Ravi said. Well he's a fake I said. Sure but can we tell the commander that zoey said. No we can't you don't understand my mother expects me to follow in her footsteps she's been putting me in uniforms since before I could walk it means so much to her and I don't want to let her down Ravi said. By lying to her you are already letting her down Nate said. I know but what can of o Ravi said. You can tell her the truth zoey said. Yeah steel said. I don't know guys my mum would be so mad I would be in a world of trouble Ravi said. But how kind can you keep lying to her Nate said. Listen Ravi I've known you since I joined grid battle force and I know your mum loves you no matter what she may not be a fan of the arts but you know if she really loves you she will appreciate that art is what makes you happy I said. You are right I'll talk to her right now Ravi said. Okay zoey said. Oh oui oui Pierre said. Wait not so fast Ravi said. This man is an imposter I said. Son the commander said. Excuse me Pierre said. He did not paint the mural in the city Ravi said. How dare you call me a liar he said. But you just confirmed it was him the commander said. It wasn't him it was me I painted the mural Ravi said. You but you don't know anything about painting the commander said. I didn't think so either but I tried it and well turns out I'm pretty good Ravi said handing her the picture he drew. She looked at it. So you lied to me the commander said. Mum I uh Ravi said. So this morning when I was out jogging you had not just chases off an artist the commander said. No there was no other artist Ravi said. You are a painter I can't believe you do this from me how long has this been going on the commander alsed. Watch out Devon said. We avoided the paint. It then exploded. Lil you need to get out of here you can't fight again Nate said. Okay I said as I ran inside.

Ravi then told us later that his mum had accepted his art. That's amazing Ravi I said. Yeah thank you for what you said earlier because you were right I've always loved to paint and I was only lying to her Ravi said. We then hugged. Maybe I was good at this friend thing after all.