Chapter 17: Golden Opportunity

Lily
Nate and I were outside riptide gym waiting for his parents. Nate was getting anxious. Where are they he asked. Just relax Nate it's been four months you can wait a few more minutes to see your parents I said as I put my hands on his shoulders. You are right I'll relax oh there they are Nate said as a taxi pulled up. Mum dad he said as he opened the door. Oh Nate his mum said as they hugged. Hi mum he said. Hey Nathan his dad said. Dad Nate said as they hugged. I'm so happy to see you oh I want you to meet lily Nate said. It's so nice to finally meet you mr and Mrs Silva I said as I shook their hands. We have heard such nice things about you zoey his mum said. And there's someone else Nate said as steel came up. I can't believe you are finally here steel said. Mum dad this is steel Nate introduced. We have heard all about you his dad said. Half human half robot she said. And entirely your son I've been reading all about having a mum and dad and I was wondering mum can you please read me a bedtime story tonight and dad can you please give me some money for ice cream steel said. He doesn't sleep it eat ice cream he's just kidding Nate said. No I wasn't kidding steel said. Oh I think you are due back at the base for a systems check with lily I'll meet up with you later okay Nate said. Yeah I said. Okay bye mum bye dad love you a million steel said as I dragged him away.
At the base:
Nate had come back and told us everything. Wait let me get this straight your parents want you to come and live with them devin said. Affirmative overseas just for a couple of years Nate said. Meaning you would have to leave grid battle force the commander said. Which is impossible right I just have to tell them there's no way I can do this I have way too much to do here Nate said. Not so fast bro I need regular maintenance so I have to stay but you you can't pass up this chance Nate steel said. Steels right since the day I met you all you have ever wanted was to be with your parents I said. Yeah but what about the team Nate asked. I'm sure we can find a way to survive without you heck you have already developed such terrific weapons devin said. That's true and it just a matter of time before We destroy evox Ravi said. You would have to show us a few standard procedures around here kind of hand over the reins the commander said. I guess I could do that Nate said. Good idea I could take charge of the weapons devin said. And I can maintain the zords Nate said. I could collect DNA samples steel said. And Megan could take over the lab I'll help her I said. Me too zoey said. Really Nate said. Absolutely steel said. I took Nate's hand. You need to do this I said. Okay then I need to organize everything I would go over the schedules and update all the firewalls Nate said to the commander as they walked away. Don't worry lily everything will be just fine steel said as he put his hand on my shoulder. Steel and Nate had gone to collect some animal DNA. Soon we got a call. Hey team I need backup at our location stat Nate said and immediately disconnected. Okay Nate I said.
We got there and steel and Nate were on the ground. Devon kept Roxy busy while zoey and I helped Nate and steel. Nate I said. Are you okay Devon asked. I'm fine steel said. Affirmative let's do this Nate said. Together he added. Come and get me Roxy said. We then began attacking her. Ravi hurry up Devon said. Wait where is he I asked. Beast x visor zoey and  Devon said. No idea zoey said. Cheetah charge Devon said. Jackrabbit spinstrike zoey said as they attacked her. No thank thanks Roxy said and moved out of the way. Oh you are kidding me I said. Nice try but you forget that I'm better than you huh I see you have been harnessing more beast power I'll take these Roxy said. No Devon said. Stop her Nate said. We ran towards her but she disappeared. That was my DNA scanner Nate said. What would she want with that steel asked. Guys Ravi said running up. Ravi what's going on I asked. Sorry I'm late I was doing some maintenance on the wheeler zord and I kinda got stuck under the engine Ravi said. Ouch steel said. That's hard work Ravi said. Tell me about it Nate said putting us hand on his shoulder. Come on let's get back so we can replace that scanner he said.

At Nate's lab:
I was with Nate while I was finishing the circuit board in the DNA scanner. Okay I think the circuit board in this new DNA scanner is done but uh maybe you should check my work I said. This is amazing I found some news stories on my parents it talks about all the amazing projects they have completed people put out a call for a helping hand they zoom in make their lives better and whoosh they are off to answer another call Nate said. Sounds like they are power rangers too I said. Yeah it does doesn't it Nate said and he looked at me and saw my face. Lily he said taking my hands. Leaving the team is hard enough but what about us Nate asked. Honestly I'll miss you but you are worth waiting for besides we can video chat every night I said. I used to think I was the luckiest guy in the world now I know I am Nate said. I smiled as I kissed him. We pulled apart. Need a hand with that Nate asked. No I think I'm just about finished I said. Ravi devin and steel walked in. There's the world traveler you ready to go Ravi asked. Sort of just waiting for my luggage Nate said. The commander then walked in with the beast boys. The beast boys wanted to say goodbye the commander said. Safe travels Nate cruise said. We will miss you smash said. Bye guys Nate said. See ya buddy Jax said. Nates mum and dad then walked in. We have gotta get moving to the airport his dad said. Okay did you guys bring my luggage Nate asked Ben and Betty.Your luggage I'm so glad you asked finding your bags is easy peasy except for yours, yours took hours to find Ben said. But It gave us a great idea for a new invention we call homing luggage betty said. With one simple push of a button ben said. No matter where your bags are they will immediately zoom right to you betty said. Ben then pushed a button and there luggage comes through the door but it crashes and spills everywhere. I guess it still needs a bit of work ben said. We can help you repack betty said. We gotta get going his dad said. Yeah his mum said. We all got down and started helping Nate pack all the clothes up.
After Nate had left I was doing some maintenance on some of the weapons. Steel was with me. Hey lily are you sure that's right steel asked. The schematics said red to black so I said as I continued doing what I was doing. It then went wrong. And the tv screen blacked out and it went to the transport grid. Ooh that didn't look good steel said. Yeah I'm aware steel I said. Oh what about the transport case steel asked. Um yeah just a short circuit systems seem fine I said as Ravi and Devon ran in. Guys a robotron has been spotted in sector uniform 1-6 devin said. Roger that steel said. Let's go I said. Wait lily you know what Nate would say zoey said. Yeah well we are down one ranger I need to come I said. You are right devin said. She has to come zoey Ravi said. We then ran out. We arrived where we saw the robotron. Stop right there devin said. Todays not your lucky day I said. I don't need luck because I have backup he said as I think roxy turned up. Who is that evergreen bouquet zoey asked. Robo roxy devin said. That's robo roxy Ravi said. Yup and I'm all amped up by the power of plant DNA she said. Hey Nate and I collected that DNA steel said. We have a little extra power of our own it's morphing time Devon said as we tried to transport our morphers but it failed. Huh zoey said. Hey steel said. Our morphers aren't transporting I said. What now Ravi asked. The transport system has malfunctioned its completely offline the commander said. It must have been the short circuit when I was working with the new DNA scanner I said. What but we need our morphers devin said. Stay calm we are working on it the commander said. Instead we just fought without morphing. We went to attack them but we were practically useless without our morphers. We got knocked to the ground. Devon and Ravi did last. Steel zoey and I went to help them. What's the matter rangers not so mighty without your morphers I see roxy said. You wait I said. Yeah don't get cocky zoey said. We got up again and started to fight them. But we got knocked to the ground again. Oh rangers my power has blossomed and just in time to finally destroy you roxy said. There was then a blast coming from the other direction. We looked and we saw Nate coming on cruise. Nate zoey said. What are you doing here I asked. I heard the transport system was down so we brought you everything to I need Nate said as he handed us the morphers. Thanks I said. Ugh golden boy roxy said as they got up. Looks like it's one last fight for me Nate said. He turned to me. You shouldn't be here he added. I had to we were a ranger down if I hadn't of come then this would be a whole lot worse I said. You are right cruise stay here with the weapons just in case we need something nate said as he threw the bag of weapons to him. Thanks cruise Devon said. Ha told you I said. Now we have got some work to do it's morphing time activate beast power we all said. We then morphed. Devons communicator beeped. Gigadrone detected in your sector she said. Leave it to me steel said. Steels on it commander right let's nip this in the bud Devi said as steel ran away. We then started attacking her. They weren't as strong as they were without our morphers. Okay this is more like it I said. That is until devin got flipped to the ground. Nate and I were fighting the robotron. You will never beat me he said. Oh yeah watch this Nate said. Cruise my beast x visor Devon said. Catch cruise said. Got it visor linked activate beast x mode Devon said. Maybe you shouldn't Nate said. I won't I said. Beast x king cheetah charge devin said. Nate and I followed after him. Striker beast slash Nate and I said. Nooooo he said as he was destroyed. Devons wrist comm beeped. Hey team I could use a hand steel said. We are on our way steel Nate said. Lil I think you should go back to the base this is twice that you have morphed twice Nate said. Okay see ya later I said.
I then got to the base and watched the rest of the fight. After they had finished I got there just as they ahead fiancés fighting. Nate roxy used the DNA we collected to power herself up steel said. They have a scanner now which they could do this again Nate said. Not your worry anymore Nate we got it covered no problem Devon said. Right you uh you didn't really need to bring us the weapons we could have fought with our uh Ravi said. Who are we kidding I said. We don't know what we are going in your lab steel said. We already broke the transport system I said. They are right if you hadn't come well I hate to think what roxy might have done Devon said. Nate please don't leave us I said. Guys i oh no our flight I've gotta go Nate said. I'll drive Devon said as we all got in the car.

At the airport:
Nate got out of the car and we followed him. Nate our flights about to leave his dad said. Mum dad I love you so much and I really want to go with you honestly I do but I just can't Nate said looking at us. Why what is it honey his mum asked. Grid battle force needs me to help to protect the city form evox a lot of people are counting on me Nate said. We totally understand Life's full of tough choices son his dad said. Like the choice you make every time you have to leave me I used to think maybe you didn't love me but now I understand you left me to go and help the world the same way I have to stay now to help keep the city safe I should never been mad at you can you forgive me Nate said. There's nothing to forgive we are so proud of you his mum said as they hugged. We will see you at Christmas then you and steel both his dad said. I hope we see Santa steel said. Bye boys we couldn't love you more his mum said as his mum hugged him again. I love you mum Nate said. His mum hugged steel too. Oh wow our mum is awesome steel said. See ya everybody his dad said. Goodbye zoey said. Have a safe trip I said. Later bye I love you steel said. I then grabbed Nate's hand. In the mean time we have an amazing ranger family right here Nate said as he put his arm around me and devon and they did it to steel and Ravi and zoey. We are amazing especially me steel said as we all laughed.

Later on:
Hey I said. Hey he said. Are you sure you made the right decision I know we need you and everything I just wanted to make sure that you were okay with it I said. Yeah this is where I want to be even though I love my parents I can't leave you Nate said. But you have always wanted to be with them I said. That may be true but being here is more important Nate said. Okay I said as we hugged and kissed.