Chapter 8: Boxed in

Lily
We were at grid battle force we were watching zoeys mum talking about the games. We were all so excited especially Ravi and steel. Guys my mum is right what are we gonna watch zoey said. High jump could be pretty cool Nate said. I wanna see the pros shoot some hoops steel said. Nah the weightlifting is where it's at maybe I should enter the competition Ravi said as we all scoffed and laughed. What about you lil zoey asked. Well I'm with Nate with the high jumps I said as we high fived. Sorry to ruin the party but I need four of you to do a routine check on several morph x towers the commander said. But the games are starting steel said. You can't disregard your responsibilities just because there is something else you would rather do the commander said. You are right commander we will get the job done Devon said as I nodded. Good the commander said as she walked out. When you said we'll what did you mean exactly Ravi asked. All of us of course Devon said. If we all chip in we will finish faster and then maybe we can still catch some of the games I said. That's fair right Devon said. Sounds good zoey said. Whoa hold on I'll miss the weightlifting why should all is have to miss some of the events when only four really need to work Ravi said. Because we are a team that's why Devon said. Sure but I'll miss the weightlifting let's draw names from a hat that's the only fair way to decide who goes to the games and who checks the towers Ravi said. But Ravi it isn't is rated when Devon stopped me and steel stepped forward. Well when you put it like that it's very logical steel said. Okay let's do it Nate said. Yes Ravi said. Okay everyone's name is in the bucket the first 4 I draw our stay here to work got it Nate said as we all nodded. Do it Nate steel said. Nate then put his hand in the bucket and gave the piece of paper to Ravi he did this 4 times. Zoey, devon, Nate and lily whoohooooooo ohh whoo Ravi said as he and steel dances around. Yeah so me and Ravi oh yeah we are going to the games steel said. Fairs fair guys so Ravi said. Sorry steel said. See ya Ravi said as they both ran out. We all looked at them pleased for them but it is a tiny bit unfair. Well let's get to work devon said as we all walked out. We were checking the morph x towers and Nate was on his tablet we were looking at him. Phenomenal the tower is functioning at optimal efficiency Nate said. Great one down Devon said. And a ton now to go I said. We were walking waiting for Nate to tell where to go next. The next one to check is in sector nate started but didn't get a chance to finish as a robotron appeared. Ravi steel get here now there's a robotron zoey said. Really okay we are on our way Ravi said. Seriously not everything is about the games I said. You will need help cause I'm a real heavy hitter the robotron said. Ha you look more like dead weight to me it's morphing time Devon said. Activate beast power we all said. We then morphed. Transport saber we all said as our sabers appeared. We then began attacking the robotron. He then knocked Devon down as Nate zoey and I stood in front of him. He then threw something at us as we fell to the ground. Aw was too light he said. Watch out I said I rolled out of the way just in time but the others got stuck. Yikes that heavy Devon said. What's wrong feeling weighed down haha he said. Hey you forgot about me I said I then came to attack him before he knocked me down. Lily Nate said. Push harder guys zoey said. It's not budging Nate said. It's too heavy we can't move it Devon said. Hold on guys I said I was about to go to him when he blasted me. Ouch I said. It's all about the eighth lifting techniques as for you the robotron said. Hey robotron Ravi said. Huh oh great he said. Back off Ravi said as he went to attack him. What's wrong steel said. I couldn't get up so I couldn't hear what they were saying. I saw that the others had that weight lifted off of them. Wow that's a weight off our shoulders zoey said. Lily Nate said as he and Devon ran over to me. Are you okay Devon asked they helped me up. Yeah im fine I said. Like I said east steel said as I went over to them. Thanks guys Devon said. We then all demorphed. Cruise I need a ride I'll take the first batch of maintence results back to base the commander wanted it ASAP Devon said. Good idea zoey and I will meet you at tower three lil you go with Devon Nate said. I nodded. Oh man we missed the first weightlifting event Ravi said. What we did steel said. Sorry guys I said. How hard did you really try against that muscle head before you called us and lily wasn't stuck she couldn't handle it Ravi said. Dude hahah unfair Devon said. It's not our fault that he trapped us he added. And lily did try and help us she got blasted by the robotron plus you have super strength Nate said. It's no ones fault Ravi you are ranger sometimes you have to deal with it I said. I know that but we are excited to see the games and nobody seems to care Ravi said. Seriously what's more important to you i said. That's when cruise came. Hey guys he said. Well we are all responsible for protecting the morph x towers and you don't seem to care much about that let's go cruise Devon said. You got it buddy cruise said. He's right Ravi maybe you should start thinking about what's really important I said. I then walked back to the base. I managed to catch up to Devon and he gave me a ride. His wrist comm then beeped. Rangers there's a gigadrone incoming sector bravo 5-7 the commander said. Copy that commander lil and I are almost back at the base Devon said. We are en route commander but the games are causing traffic zoey said. Get here as soon as you can ready their zords the commander said and we disconnected. You know what to do when we get back right Devon said. Yeah I said. They then all went out to battle and I stayed back. I was too weak. That's when blaze came. Blaze I said. Hey I heard what happened earlier he said. Yeah Ravi was so out of line he basically said I was trying hard enough agaisnt that robotron I said. Hey I was watching and you did pretty well on your own blaze said. Thanks blaze listen the others will be back soon I'm sure you have other things to do I said. Sure see you later big sis he said and left. I caught up to them walking. The new ultra zord is really powerful like me you know I think we should that formation the steel steel said. Thanks but the beast x Kung ultra zord is nice too Nate said. Oh man look what time it is the games are almost over for the day Ravi said. Are you still on about that I said. At least you and steel for to see some of it Nate said. My bad I actually wanted to say I'm so sorry for being so selfish and it wasn't right that you guys worked while steel and I got to have fun Ravi said. Devon was right all along it's not how the rangers do things I say we do the rest of the job together so none of us miss out steel said. I like the sound of that zoey said. Me too I said. Who k ones if we are quick we can still catch the karate finals Devon said. Let's get it down Ravi said. We managed to finish all morph x towers and got to the games. Put in your gi and tighten those black belts because there's going to be some serious strikes in this karate final the judge said. Come on Ravi said. Hurry up it's about to start zoey said as we all ran in. It's so much better we get to see it together Ravi said. Exactly Devon said. Come on let's go I said as we entered. We all put our arms on each other shoulders and went in.