Chapter 6: The blame game

Lily
We were all at the park. I was just sitting down watching them. Yo coming through Nate said. He passed the ball to Ravi. Who passed it to Devon he passed it to zoey and she passed it to steel. Catch steel zoey said. And touchdown right that's how it works steel said. Hey lil you sure you won't join us zoey asked. Nah I'm good I just want to catch up on my writing I haven't done it in so long I said. Wow that's one mean father punishing the poor kid steel said. Not at all he's just teaching her a lesson so next time she won't litter Nate said. So it's a good thing steel asked. It's called discipline Ravi said. Been there done that when I acted up my parents punished me by making me pull up weeds in the yard straighten me up fast Devon said. He then took the ball from him and they started playing as well I went back to my writing. My parents always used to tell me to sit in the stairs at least that was before they died. We were walking in grid battle force after finishing up at the park. Steel then said something. Woah hold up what do you think you are doing steel asked. I'm sorry is something wrong cole asked. You were gonna let this worker walk in without scanning her package that is against the rules steel said. No Toni works here and that's just her lunch cole replied. We will see about that steel said as she opens her lunch and it was indeed her lunch. Oh right we were lucky this time but battle force rules clearly state flag all packages much be inspected cole steel said. You are right mr steel I'm really sorry cole said. Sorry isn't gonna cut it to learn your lesson you need a punishment go and sweep the plaza outside the building steel said. Um mags. You being a little harsh zoey said. Yeah I've known cole for a long time I said. Hey steel has a point rules are rules Ravi said. It's okay lil I accept my punishment working at grid battle force is a dream come true for me so I promise I won't make the same mistake again cole said. Good steel said. I'm not so sure that was necessary Devon said. Yeah I'll say I said. Nonsense I call it a lesson learned steel said and walked off we all followed.

Riptide gym:
Thanks Ravi said as we finished our orders at the bar. Hey guys steel said. Where have you been I asked. Where's Nate zoey asked. He's working in the lab and I've been very busy helping to better my fellow humans steel said. Meaning what exactly I asked. Well let's see first I caught some technicians driving their cart too fast through the base steel said. Oh jeez I thought. And how did you punish the women Devon asked. Clean your zord with a Cotten swab I said. Don't be ridiculous I told her to use a sponge steel said as we all rolled out eyes. Well I never is that gum in your mouth steel asked. Steel stop I said. Uh yeah the guy replied. It's against the rules to chew him in the gym spit it out go on steel said. Steel seriously I said. He the spat it out. Sorry he said confused. Sorry isn't enough as a punishment how about you steel started. Okay steel that will be all thanks Devon said. I think you might be enforcing the rules a little too much zoey said. What are you taking about I'm teaching important lessons about rules and safety steel said. Devon was about to say something when his wrist comm beeped. Rangers a robotron has been spotted behind the base the commander said. Got it have Nate meet us there Devon said. Nates not answering his comms but I've sent someone to find him the commander said. Copy that commander come on Devon said. I just sat there for a minute. Hey you okay zoey asked. If Nates not answering his comms I'm worried somethings happened I said. The only we are going to find out is we leave Devon said as we walked to behind the base. We got out of the car. There's Nate Devon said. Look I said. Hey bro steel said. Whoa a robotron Devon said. Watch out steel said. Nate bowed to the robotron. Hey what are you doing steel said. He'll do whatever I tell him to just like a good little puppet the robotron said. I'm a good little puppet Nate said. I knew it my bad feelings are always right I said. What are you talking about steel said. It's showtime let's play the robotron said and Nate then came towards us and started attacking. Nate I said. He then came at us. Don't hurt him I said. Stop bro steel said. And a punch and a kick he robotron said. Nate kicked us and we all fell back and he went to stand beside the robotron. There's no point rangers I pull the strings here now he said as Nate was being controlled by him. It's the hand puppet zoey said. It's controlling Nates move I said. Let's put on our own show it's morphing time Devon said. Activate beast power ha unleash the beast we all said. Tronics Nate said. Tronics then appeared. You heard the golden boy fight the robotron said. Go rangers Devon said as we began fighting the Tronics. Now don't hold back little puppet the robotron said. Ravi and I then began fighting Nate. Calm down Nate Ravi said. He can't control himself I said as we began fighting. He then flipped Ravi. Come on Nate calm down I said. He didn't listen he just threw me to the ground. He then got a hold of ravis arm. He then got his saber. Nate Ravi said as we avoided the saber. Gotcha I said but he grabbed my arm. Lily Ravi said as he kicked Ravi back and threw me in his direction and kept attacking. He then attacked us with his saber and we both fell to the ground. Guys Devon said. Are you okay zoey asked. Sorry but it's time for intermission come with me master evox has got bigger plans for you the robotron said and the disappeared. No Devon said. Oh man Ravi said. Nates completely under that's robotron a control I said. We need to figure out how to stop it steel said. Let's find out what happened Devon said. We then ran inside the base and found some security footage from earlier in of cole taking a package unscanned into the building. I really think that maybe we should talk about this steel I said. No talk the commander needs to know steel said. What's going on the commander asked as we walked in. Commander we have security footage of cole taking an unscanned package into the building it's the second time today steel said. Only this time the package came from evox I said. It's true watch Ravi said as we showed the commander. Look in his hands the commander said. See that cole walked through security without getting that package scanned he added. And that's how Nate fell under their control I said. We then saw Nate looking at the puppet as it took control of him. I see how do you explain this the commander asked. I'm sorry I don't remember my minds gone blank it it's like a fog cole said. Weak excuse cole you are fired steel said. Fired hold on I said. No steels right you repeatedly broke the rule that requires inspections and that has out a ranger in serious danger you are relieved of your duties the commander said. I failed you and the agency and I'm so sorry cole said. Please see yourself out steel said. Cole hold on I said. Lil zoey said. What now steel said. A pair of gigadrones incoming sector tango five five Ravi said. Let's go I said. Hold on zoey said. You know what Nate would say zoey said. Yeah I said. You three get to your zords the commander said. Copy steel said. Devon where are you she asked. I'm outside the building Ben and Betty thought they saw Nate out here Devon said. Okay exercise caution your team can handle the gigadrones for now the commander said. Roger that commander Devon said.

Later on after the fight:
When they came back Nate was with them. Nate I said. Lily Nate said and we hugged. I'm so glad you are okay I said. Come on he said. I'm sorry for giving you guys such a hard time thanks for not giving up on me Nate said to Devon. Nate none of us would ever give up on you Devon said. The worst part is I have no memory of the time I was under that robotron a control my mind is completely blank everything's foggy Nate said. Wait I said. Hold on steel said. We thought back to when cole said the exact same thing. Foggy oh no that's why cole couldn't remember anything steel said. Of course he must have been mind controlled I said. To bring the puppet to Nate zoey said. Then it wasn't his fault at all commander I have made a terrible mistake steel said. And how would you like to make things right the commander asked. There's only one thing to do steel said. Hey what's up guys Devon said as we walked outside. Cole should be here any minute I've told him it's important the commander said. Thanks steel said. That's when cole came on his bike. Oh hey here he is steel said. Uh commander you wanted to see me cole said. Actually I did I was wrong to be so hard on you taking aunt evil package to Nate wasn't your fault you were being puppeteered by a robotron steel said. I was cole said. Yep and the thing with the lunchbox well I Amy have overreacted a bit everybody makes mistakes they don't all deserve punishments steel said. We would like you to come back and work with us at grid battle force the commander said. Really well of course thank you thank you so much and I promise I'll remember to scan every single package from now on even my own lunchbox cole said. We all laughed. Thank you cole said. What a wild day steel said as cole walked back to his bike. Hey cole I said. Yeah he said. I know that it ain't my responsibility but I'm really sorry for what steel did today I should have stopped him I said. Hey it's okay i get it and besides you tried and I like the fact that you Amy not be my girlfriend anymore but I'm glad you still Care he said. I'll always care cole that's why we are best friends I said. I then hugged him. That's when Ben and Betty started screaming and there was a tree that just magically grew. Can you guys help us Ben said. I looked at cole and laughed. See you later he said. Bye I said.

Later on:
Hey Nate said. Oh hey I said. I saw what happened with you and cole he said. Hey you don't need to be jealous we used to date but we are only best friends now I said. I'm not jealous besides we may like each other but we can't break the rules Nate said. I know I said.