10. Reality Sucks

I sat up straight on the bed waking up from the not so comfortable sleep I had. I remember that I had a crappy dream, but I remember nothing related to the stupid thing. So I just walked into my washroom frowning at my crappy morning mood.

I took a long hot shower intending to clear my mind from the memories of yesterday. The whole day was crappy. Mom agreed to my relationship with a normal girl.

I turned off the shower and stepped out of there taking a towel to wipe off the water.

She even brings her home. A few years back dad was shooted by one of his gangster friends right in front of my eyes.

I wrapped the towel around my waist and stood in front of the mirror.

Did she stop fearing dad?

I sighed and took out my trimmer from the shelf.

Then something came into my mind. The most daring and stupid girl I've ever met. Glory.

I chuckled at the thought.

Her funny little nose, the way it goes rosy when she's irritated. Her pink lips become smaller when she makes that face of being annoyed. Especially when she's glaring, her cheeks get that red shade. Adorable little creature.

I placed the trimmer inside its box and stepped out of there still smiling.

It's not her physical features alone that attracted me the most. She's stubborn and daring.

I slipped in a white tee shirt and grey sweat pants before rushing towards my phone to call the little pain in my ass and ask if she's done packing everything or not.

###################

My eyes felt heavy after sitting there for hours when I saw my phone going off on the nightstand. I nervously shifted on the spot not being able to do anything. My eyes started watering when I heard the shifting behind me.

"She's not in her room man. I think she's somewhere else hiding because maybe she knows something's wrong. Why don't you go check in other rooms by the window when I wait here? "

I heard one saying and then followed by the sound of someone walking away. I silently sighed looking at Bradley. If she woke up and saw me sitting here, she'll call my name and they find my hiding place. I have to call Nicklaus, only he can save me now.

On my left, there was a table with one loose leg which can make sound just by touching it. On my right, there was my closet which was big and heavy and I can't move anything around me now. If I go straight, they'll find me.

I was stuck. From everywhere.

I sat covering my mouth not letting any sound come out and looked around me.

The phone kept ringing and I knew who it was.

#####################

I kept trying and I received zero response.

A part of me said that she's upset about leaving her home, but three-fourth of my thoughts were going towards the dangerous possibilities.

She's in danger.

I took my car keys and rushed out of the room sprinting towards the car porch. I started the car and left without another thought.

I kept driving fast because the only thing I can think about is to reach her and make sure that she's okay. Every time she comes into my mind all I can think about is how annoying she is.

The highway was almost over when my phone started going off beside me. I looked at the screen and saw mom's number flashing on the screen. I took the call and connected to the car speaker.

"Nicklaus, where are you? Why did you go so early? "

What should I tell her?

I scratched behind my neck looking away and thought for an answer.

I can't lie to her.

Why should I even do that?

I even forgot that I was driving. And when I realized that I reached the junction and my hands are still on the wheel not moving, eyes somewhere else, a sudden wave of panic went through my mind and a chill when down my spine. But before I could even look around me, something flashed in front of the car and I turned sharply to the right to avoid hitting anything. And all I remember is a tree in front of me and the car going straight towards it. I covered my eyes with my forearm, but sooner I felt a shooting pain run through my body as the car jerked strongly hitting the huge tree making me sway.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh......! "

######################

I sat there waiting for some type of miracle to happen and I get saved from this. But this was no supernatural series or movie that a handsome superhero is going to jump inside my window offering a hand for me to hold and I hide behind him when he kills everyone and saves me from the misery. This is my shitty life. And I'm clumsy, unlucky, and a fabulous liar. So all I could do is find a way by myself and save my sorry ass.

Reality sucks...!

I tried to peek at the table near me to see if anything can be used to do something or anything to save myself. I saw a pocket knife on the side. But then the reality struck me hard.

The table can't be even touched, and you're planning to take the knife without noise?

I slapped myself mentally.

Idiot.

Then I saw Bradley stretching her limbs getting ready to wake up.

There are two possibilities. One is the possibility of her waking up and calling my name and she sees me hiding down the window and the attacker finds out his prey successfully. And the other one is the possibility that she call me and go in search of me to the kitchen and distract the attacker from here and I escape taking her with me and hide somewhere safe.

Before I figure out another one, she sat up straight yawning. Her eyes found me and I showed her actions not to make any noise and she frowned not looking away.

Perfect.

###################

Oh yeahhhhh.....!

Show me some love ❤️

See ya