27. She is Wrong

For almost ten days, I didn't speak to my devilish boyfriend, because whenever I see him looking at me, I can't look away. Jackson is my supposed boyfriend, the only one I was supposed to get married to. But the events happening now was opposite to my calculations. My enemy getting engaged to me, a family of a gangster is now going to be mine, most importantly, Jackson is missing.

Getting some weapons was necessary at first if I have to use them against the gangster's wife if she is the one behind everything. And making Tanner and Harry believe that their mother is not very angelic like she shows herself to be, is also another mission impossible.

So whatever I should do, I have to find time for it myself in between all these family dramas they're getting me into.

The preparation for our supposed to be engagement was going on with Ms Ivory's assistance. There were more people in the house now, since the month is already over and according to my plans, I need everyone to see her as the culprit before making any other moves against her with Nik. He promised to help and is still trying. Since he couldn't do that, I planned another way to persuade them.

But for that, I had to get inside her room with her permission.

As usual, Harry stayed inside his room not intending to accompany anyone on the preparations and Tanner went with his mother shopping in the town. Nicklaus stayed home since he has to do something to stop the whole plan somehow. I was trying to sneak out from all of the people and get inside the devil's territory to summon the proof against her. I snuck into her room successfully since everyone was busy with their works. As usual, the whole room was clean and tidy making it difficult for me to touch anything there. I approached her nightstand and opened the cupboard to see if I can get anything suspicious. It was filled with some research papers. I took them out and looked through them. That was not mine, but it was very detailed. I read it carefully and found the name in the middle of a paragraph.

Herald D'Souza.

My dad...!

It had so much information about him. I gaped and stormed out of there towards Nicklaus's room. He was doing something on his phone standing near the window and Harry was laying on his bed playing games on his laptop when I entered the room.

Nik looked up from the screen at me and frowned when Harry didn't even acknowledge my presence.

"What happened? "

I looked at Harry and soon back at Nik again.

"We need to talk. "

"Okay..."

"Alone."

I said and now Harry looked at me frowning a little.

"What is it that I can't hear? "

He asked and I ignored him.

"Now is not the time. "

Nik said and I shook my head.

"I want to talk now. "

"Let her talk, brother. "

Nik shook his head at me.

I sighed and nodded at both of them.

"Fine. What is your mother up to? Why did she research on my dad? What does any of these have to do with him? "

Nik approached me placing his index finger on my lips.

"Shhh...! Calm down. Why are you yelling? "

I gaped at his reaction.

Harry was frowned now not moving from the place he was sitting.

"You knew? "

I asked narrowing my eyes at him suspiciously and he approached me and held my shoulders looking into my eyes.

"She was doing it for me. We're getting married in her eyes. And she did it because she didn't know anything about you and your family. She agreed to our relationship because you had such a background. "

"Wait, did you go inside her room? "

I heard Harry asking and I ignored him.

"Are you telling me that she agreed to our relationship, because of my dad? "

"Yes. She knew about him and did all this research to know everything about you. "

"Oh really, but I remember her accepting our relationship the moment she saw me. Or am I wrong? "

He frowned.

"Why did you check her room when she was not there? "

Harry asked and I glared at him.

"I didn't do secret research on her as she did to me. Now shut up. "

"Maybe that's because..., she already knew you? "

"Then why was she shocked when she saw me then? Was that all an act? Was she making it up? The whole situation was planned? She did it all to get me here? Since you trust her so much, tell me more maybe and suppose. "

He shook his head in disbelief.

Harry was frowning and trying to say something.

"Something is wrong. "

"She is wrong. She knew me already before we even met. She researched about me and my family before everything happened. I don't know why she is aiming at my family right now, but I swear if she's behind Jackson getting kidnapped, and has any intention of harming my family, I won't wait for anyone to be on my side, Nik. I will kill her myself if she harms them. All I care about is the people I have, I have nothing to do with any of you. So you better warn her not to compel me. "

"Glory, I... --"

I showed my hand when he started talking and he paused.

"Either you support me and we do it together, or I do it myself. "

My Unfortunate Girlfriend जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें