22. Smile

"What do you mean, he's missing? Where is he? "

"We don't know. He left my house that day and we didn't see him for straight two days before I went to see him in his house and he was nowhere. And his phone is also unreachable. "

I was getting worried.

"His parents contacted me lately asking if I know anything about where he is. I don't have anything to say. Did he come there? "

"Of course not. "

I frowned and wondered if he's really coming here and I instantly stood up on my feet.

"Wait. "

I stormed out of my room and went straight down the stairs to check if he came here. Then I saw Nicklaus and Tanner getting the dining table ready for lunch. He saw me while I glared at him. Tanner noticed him looking my way and he looked at me. I instantly smiled sweetly approaching them and went beside Nicklaus and held his hand. He frowned and looked down at my hand and I squeezed him letting him know that there is something urgent. He smiled at me too and came closer to my face when Tanner happily ignored our private moment handling the dishes before walking away.

"What is it? "

"Come with me. "

I said and dragged him with me up the stairs without waiting. We reached my room and I turned around placing the phone near my ear.

"B..., I'll call you later. Now I have something very important to handle. "

I said and hung up before turning around.

"Please say the matter and let me go. "

"Jackson is missing. "

I whisper yelled with a serious expression. But he didn't show any concern on the matter.

"So? "

"Seriously, Nik? He's missing. "

"Is that a problem? "

"No..., of course not. If your father captured him, he will know that I'm not your true girlfriend. "

"It's still good for you. You can happily go back home. "

Why is it about me?

"And if your mother got him, she'll know who I am. "

He just looked away and sighed before looking back at me.

"She knows who you are. "

I frowned.

"You said she is not spying on me. "

Now he smiled sarcastically.

"Well then, guess what? "

I rolled my eyes copying his bored expression.

"What are you even saying? "

"She knows many things about you which even I didn't know. She knows about your family, your dad, his job, your escaping home to the town, and God knows what not. "

I gaped.

"You gotta be kidding me. "

He shrugged.

"She lessened our effort if she knows everything. And there's nothing worst coming other than our marriage. So pray to God, that when she knows the truth, she kicks you out of here for good. "

He said looking around my room. I slapped my head frowning at the weird situation. I noticed that I didn't close the door after getting inside. Then I saw Ms Ivory coming here from the stairs and my eyes went wide.

"She's coming here. "

"Great. Ready for the show? "

I frowned. He approached me and cupped my cheeks with his hands.

He looked into my eyes for a long minute before slowly learning down closing the gap between us. I held his hand when we inched closer.

"You won't stop me? "

He asked and I heard someone clearing their throat before knocking on the door. We looked aside at Ms Ivory standing at the door looking down on the floor mat.

Right, the mat is very beautiful.

She looked up at us slowly smiling.

"Lunch is ready. Come down, you both. "

I nodded faking to be shy and I already felt a pair of eyes glaring at me beside me. She left shaking her head smiling and I sighed looking at him.

"My hair is really beautiful. I know that. Should you be glaring at it like some zombie? "

He looked away and just walked out of there. I frowned.

What's it with him now?

The usual silent lunch started, and I scanned everyone's faces to see if anything is fishy but found none.

I can't still believe that she knows everything.

I narrowed my eyes subconsciously at her, but she was not looking at me. Suddenly someone kicked my leg and I looked up. Nicklaus was the one sitting across from me. He smiled wide at me while eating and I frowned a little. He raised his brows and kicked me again. I rolled my eyes before smiling back at him like a fool. He kept eating and smiling at me.

Douche bag...!

Asshole...!

Pig...!

I smiled wider while cursing him internally.

Why isn't he stopping?

I mouthed asshole when he kept staring and he mouthed bitch when I clenched my jaw still smiling.

Tanner choked on his food and started coughing beside Nik and I saw him struggling not to laugh through coughing. He looked at me while drinking water and I smiled wider at him tilting my head and he choked again. I stabbed my fork on the poor egg on my plate showing it into my mouth glaring at Nicklaus and he rolled his eyes slowly looking down on his plate ignoring me And I did the same drawing patterns on my plate with the fork in my hand.

I hope Jackson is not abducted or something.

"Who's Jackson, Glory? "