13. Like What You See?

"You should take a rest for now. Since you had to travel this long, and he said that you were the one driving since he was wounded? "

"I'm so sorry, it was an...--"

"Oh, it's alright dear. He told me what happened. He also feels a little stupid that he didn't give any clue before getting inside. "

She chuckled and I smiled sheepishly biting my lip.

"He also said that you're clever. "

She said it like a big thing.

It was a big thing. Harry said I'm clever, but that doesn't match that Harry, who was there at the spot.

"I know what you're thinking. Harry is not always very rough. Even if he shows himself to be very arrogant like Nicklaus, he's not that stone from inside. "

Nicklaus is not stone.

Shut up.

"But Tanner is the clever one. He shows the joker face outside and thinks like a fox. My three sons are three dimensions. "

She laughed and I accompanied her.

"Oh..., I'm making you stand here. Come on, I'll take you to your room. "

We went up the stairs towards my new room. On the way, I glanced at his room for a split second. And I felt like I saw something and I turned instantly to make sure if it was just a glitch. There was nothing suspicious and I turned back a little disappointed.

But why did I feel that?

I ignored the stupid feeling and followed Ms Ivory.

She opened a room nearby, but not so nearby his room, which is a little brighter than the other rooms when I looked around. From the window near the bed, I could see the overview of the dense forest surrounding the house.

"Take a look around until your bags arrive. Come down when your hungry or tell someone. Okay? "

I heard Ms Ivory say and I turned to her tearing my eyes from the mini library arranged beside my bed. I nodded smiling and she left leaving me alone to admire my new room.

The smell of moist wind was still there since the sunlight was not very hot in here. I looked carefully at everything before going closer.

My bed was spacious and I had two shelves on both sides with a night lamp on the top of the right one. The mini library had some old books.

After scanning my new living environment, I sat on the bed and took out my laptop and the papers from my backpack. I searched about the gangster father again and got nothing more than he's a world-famous gangster. I kept biting my nails as I kept scrolling through sites in search of something new about him, but everything said the same thing that he was dangerous and reckless and he's dead. I slammed it close and looked out of my window.

Did he try to kill me?

Is he alive?

Then why did he fake death?

Why is he against Nicklaus having a relationship?

Or he's against the whole family?

I sighed covering my face with my hands.

The whole family is weird.

I placed everything on the table nearby and slowly walked out of the room.

I stepped down the stairs slowly without any noise since I hate attention. When I reached the dining hall, all were seated to have breakfast.

"Oh..., you're here. Come have a seat. "

Ms Ivory said smiling my way when the two brothers saw me. Harry instantly turned like I'm not there at all. I slowly walked up towards the table taking the place between Harry and his mother. She served me the meatloaf and I thanked her. We ate in silence and I instantly felt guilty, eating with them.

"So you checked on Klaus? "

Tanner asked like he read my thoughts.

"No..., he was sleeping when I went to his room. "

Lier...!

"Well, he was asking about you so much since Harry left. "

He said and looked at Harry who was eating like he's in a cell, alone, deserted...

"What about your friend? She's doing good? "

"I haven't called her yet. "

He nodded and continued eating.

After lunch, I went up aiming my room without wanting to talk to them more.

My mind drifted immediately to my supposed to be a boyfriend. I cursed myself for being a world-class stupid. And I cursed him for thinking about me, the first thing in the morning!

Stupid.

I marched over to his room and stopped at the door.

Should I talk to him?

He'll mock me. He's an asshole.

I turned to leave when my mind kept saying not to. I'm always bad at ignoring my mind.

Fuck him and his judgement.

I opened the door and got inside. He was laying their eyes closed. Windows were open and the wind shuffled his hair making him look a little more handsome.

Why am I staring?

I frowned and walked closer. He was deep asleep. I slowly observed his face and hands for any wounds. But I found nothing except for the band-aid on his temple and a little cut near his elbow which was minor. I shook my head looking at the comforter which covered his lower body. I slowly moved his hand from the right side and raised the edge to see underneath. He wasn't wearing pants. I saw his naked legs. They were muscular. Thankfully he was wearing boxers. But that didn't help me control my racing heartbeats. I quickly looked away and closed my eyes.

I'm doing this to check if he's fine.

My eyes accidentally, very accidentally got a glimpse of his supposed to be territory. As soon as I saw the little bulge, I felt the heat in my cheeks. Chills went down my spine. I squeezed my eyes close shaking my head.

No Glory, stop getting wrong ideas. He's not your real boyfriend.

Heck, you have another boyfriend.

What are you doing???

I wanted to look to check if there is any damage, but that is not supposed to be appropriate for the moment. Since the guy seriously have issues on wearing pants. Maybe there's some fracture down there. I wanted to open my eyes and look for myself, but my unconscious mind didn't let me.

You have another boyfriend.

You have another... --

"Like what you see? "

##################🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Poor Girl...

Vote and show love ❤️