15. Does That Count?

I heard Ms Ivory saying in a low voice and I looked aside towards the door and saw no one.

It was her.

She was here just now.

So he did that too....--

"Are you crazy? You would have spoiled the whole plan. What would have happened if she heard all of it? "

I gaped with shock evident on my face.

The asshole.

I looked at him with rage but he was confused.

"What? "

I slapped him across his face and now he gaped with his face tilted aside.

I felt the heat rise on my face before my vision was getting blur. I knew I was hurt. But that's not supposed to be my reaction to what happened.

He did that to stop me.

I kept saying to myself, but my mind was not accepting the truth.

Before he could turn to see me, I got off him and ran outside from there towards my room. I locked the door behind me and leaned over it as the tears started rolling down my cheeks.

What did I do?

I kissed him back. It was wrong. I was doing wrong. Jackson and I didn't have such a strong connection to feeling that lust towards each other but in public, people get the wrong idea that we're romantically involved, but nothing ever happened between us. Is my subconscious mind wanting that strong connection? But Nik is not the guy.

The tears were coming out, but I didn't feel the urge to break down.

I've decided, I'm not going anywhere near that cold-hearted beast anymore. He's so cold as ice. The Antarctic ice. Colder than tolerable.

I went inside the washroom with my toiletries and took out my brush and paste.

His mouth is the most disgusting thing I've ever touched with my mouth.

I started brushing my teeth frowning at my reflection in the mirror.

You idiot, you didn't get anyone else to feel new feelings? No matter what happens, you're not getting involved in anything with him.

I frowned when I pulled away, he must have noticed the expression change. What will be he thinking about my sudden reaction? He would have understood I felt it.

I spit the form in the washbasin and looked at my reflection in the mirror frowning deeply.

"What did you do....? Ahhhh.......! "

I yelled at myself and then looked here and there to find anything running towards me being worried about why I was yelling. But thankfully I didn't hear anyone running and I sighed in relief and washed my mouth. I rubbed my lips so many times trying to wash off the lingering feeling of the kiss. And eventually, I stopped the action taking the towel and got out of there.

After the fighting to self round, I reached for my laptop and sat on my bed leaning back on the headboard.

Enough of daddy digging. Now it's time for my hero.

I typed in.

"NICKLAUS CARROLL"

There were a variety of different pages with the name. I doubt if all of them are about the same person. As per my expectations, all of them was about the same guy.

Nicklaus is a businessman who is a bachelor and successful in his job. He owns so many musical organisations around the world where kids are trained in different fields and techniques in music. He earns money through business. He owns a few malls and a few clubs around the world but the photos or address of the legend is nowhere to be seen.

Excuse me?

This house is that much of a secret?

I searched for more information, especially for something suspicious. And lost half of the day in front of the stupid thing just reading the same things in a little more details. In the end, I gave up and decided to eat something to boost up myself.

It was already nine in the night when I reached the dining table for supper.

The whole time, everyone ate silently as if noise would kill.

These are the times when I miss my place. Nothing is like the native.

After the unbearably silent hour, I lazily walked to my room not sparing another look towards his room and locked the door behind me.

Sleep on a new bed never worked for me, but I somehow fell asleep like I haven't slept for months.

I stopped remembering dreams since the age of eighteen, and none of them ever made any sense when I think about them later. So the morning was extremely tiring, since every time I get up in the morning, the first thing I wanna do is, fall back to bed and go back to sleep.

But then I remembered I haven't called my stupid friend since I arrived to inform her that I'm safe.

When I reached for my phone, there were ten missed calls from Bradley.

"Shit...! "

I was going to call her back when her number flashed on my screen.

I picked up quickly crying into the phone.

"B............! "

I started crying like a baby and she tried to talk over me.

"I miss you already. "

I said sobbing and she laughed.

"I was going to say the same thing. Well, I wanted to say something important... --"

"I wanted to say something too. "

I interrupted.

"But mine is very important than whatever you want to say. "

"Then say it. "

I said holding my tigers still.

"I talked to Jackson. "

My sad face dropped and got replaced with surprise.

"He called me immediately after he texted you to break up. You won't believe me, he said he's sorry for what happened. "

"After you telling him the reality? "

"No...! He said he's upset about you because you were not the one who picked up his call. And he already knew that it was a misunderstanding. He didn't want to talk about it directly because he couldn't face you. He was confused. "

I rolled my eyes.

Such a Dick.

"He misses you so much. I told him what happened, and he wanted to talk to you right away. But he's hesitating. He thinks he still can't face you yet. "

"I can't face him either. He's sorry after knowing the truth from you. He didn't even let me explain it. "

"You were drunk that day, so nothing was intentional. He knew that. "

Little do you know?

"I kissed him. Again...! In my whole freaking sense. Does that count? "

"What.........? "

I heard two voices yelling into the phone.

One was Bradley, the other was JACKSON...!