14. Fuck The Circumstances

"Ahhhhhh....! "

I yelled as I heard someone whispered beside me.

I dropped the comforter back down and turned around.

Tanner laughed falling to the ground on his ass like I said the funniest joke in the world. I frowned at him when he looked at me before laughing more hard.

"You scared me. "

I managed to say when he coughed and searched for water. I heard Nick groaning with irritation near me.

"It's over here. "

He said and my cheeks went a darker shade of rose. I looked at him and saw him frowning at me.

"What are you doing here? "

Tanner looked my way smirking while sipping the bottle of water. I looked at him before looking back at Nick.

What was I doing?

"I..., came to check..., on you? "

Tanner burst out laughing while drinking and splashed a load of water on himself. He wiped his mouth with his shirt sleeves while laughing. He controlled himself before excusing himself silently and walking out.

"Really? And why were you scared? Were you..., stalking on me and he caught you red-handed? "

He asked frowning with a teasing smile.

"No."

I said shaking my head trying my best not to blush again.

"Oh no..., were you trying to steal something from here and he caught you? "

I scoffed and looked away.

"Stop guessing stupid things. I was just trying not to wake you up while... --"

I trailed off searching for an excuse and he said.

"Checking me out? "

"Yes. No...! "

I immediately said and he laughed.

"Yeah fine, whatever. Now get out. "

He said and I gaped.

Always the cold one.

I stood up to leave when he held my hand and I looked at him.

"And come back..., with the bottle he took with him after filling some water in it, please. "

He said with an innocent smile.

Trust me, if it was someone else, I would've spoken back. But looking at him, I feel like I want to scratch the stupid smile off his handsome face for his stupid attitude.

I ignored him and left.

Screw your stupid ass attitude.

I went to my room to check my phone. No messages, no calls.

I need to talk to Jackson.

Then I remembered the water duty. I rolled my eyes walking out towards the stairs. I checked messenger, phone book and everything for any unnoticed messages while descending the stairs, but got none. So I sighed defeated and walked into the kitchen. Tanner was already filling the bottle, so I just opened the refrigerator to get myself some cold water.

"So what's your thing with my brother now? Are you trying to do something? "

"No... ! I just wanted to see if he's okay. And I swear I was not looking. When you came, my eyes were closed. "