23. I Have A Plan

I stopped chewing and looked at Ms Ivory.

"Who's it? "

Oh no..., did I say it aloud?

Or is she bringing up the secrets?

"Why..., are you asking? "

I asked trying to calm my frantic heartbeat.

Shit shit shit, I should have asked, how she know him. What if she's smart enough to understand that I know that she knows?

"I heard that you were living together. "

She said in a serious tone.

Fuck...!

"Oh..., well, it's true. I was living in his house. He owned the house and..., we were in a relationship for a..., few months. Before I met Nik, we were committed and was gonna end up everything. He's still kind of obsessed with me. Wait, you know him? "

I asked faking surprise.

She sighed folding her hands over the table.

"I..., wanted to know things about you. So..., I did a little research through some..., sources. And I heard it. Since, you're going to marry my son and..., we haven't talked that intimately...yet, I just wanted to make sure that I can trust you with my son. "

She said.

Well..., I was also thinking about doing the same, about you? Since we haven't had the intimate chat, yet. If you don't mind.

I wanted to say, but I thought otherwise.

"You could have just asked me instead. It's not like I know everything about you either Ms Ivory. "

"I will talk to you myself about his family background if that's your concern. "

She said with a knowing smile and stood up walking away.

Fox.

"Can't you just say the truth and get lost from here? "

Harry asked and I gaped.

"You're telling me? Didn't you know how nosey she's becoming about my life? "

"That is because you are still here. "

"Harry, eat and leave. "

Nicklaus said not even trying to correct him.

Great...!

"What about, I do the same with her? Since she's going to be my mother-in-law? "

"Glory...? "

Nicklaus called frowning.

Oh yeah...? Now you care?

"Just go to hell. "

I said storming away. I went directly into my room and started pacing here and there panicking.

She asked me about Jackson. She knows. What dirty game is she playing with me?

My door opened and Nicklaus walked in.

"What do you want now? "

"I just want you to listen. "

"I will not. Leave me alone now. "

I said dismissing him, but he just stood there folding his hands under his chest.

"I'm not telling you to trust anyone anymore. I'm also confused. "

"I'm not confused, I'm damn sure now. She has Jackson. We were easily fooled by her. "

"I don't think she has any intention of harming us. "

He said looking away and I rolled my eyes.

"Right. She wants slaves, so she's creating them. "

"Glory....! "

"What? Tell me one good reason to prove it wrong. "

He sighed looking up.

And then someone knocked on the door.

"It's open. "

I said.

"Can we talk? "

Speak of the devil.

"Come in, Ms Ivory. "

The door opened and she came inside. She wore a guilty face when she looked at me. I just stared at her coldly.

"I..., I shouldn't have said things like that earlier. I know I was being nosey. "

Typical heroine mode.

I mentally rolled my eyes looking at her with a fake smile.

"It's okay. I mean..., you're right. I'm yet a stranger for you, and I'm going to be your family member, anyway. So there has to be some hidden truth which even I can hide about myself, which may or may not affect you. "

That's lame, Glory.

"But I'm still sorry. I... I shouldn't have... --"

"It's just fine. You don't have to apologize for anything. I understand. "

She hugged me. I changed my expression into a bored one as I saw Nicklaus trying not to smile at my acting. I soon smiled again when she pulled away.

"I was planning about your engagement, lately. When do you think is a perfect time? "

She asked and my smile died. I looked at Nicklaus who was biting his lip and looking at his mom. He cleared his throat before speaking.

"Isn't it so soon? I mean, we haven't discussed if we have to be that serious about this yet. "

He said looking at me for any reaction. I smiled and looked at her.

"I think, next month? "

His eyes went wide when I said that. She smiled widely.

"This month is going to be over soon. Are you sure? "

"Positive. "

I said and shrugged. Nicklaus massaged his temple shaking his head at me in the process.

"What do you think, Nicklaus? "

She asked and he took a long breath smiling at her and shook his head.

"That sounds..., fantastic. "

"Well, I'll start planning it then. "

She clapped her hands grinning pleasantly patting on our cheeks before going out.

Nicklaus turned towards me smiling.

"Mind explaining? "

"I have a plan. "