Chapter 1

"Again" Miss Maude called out. Madelyn groaned internally, but quickly moved in on the man wearing the sparring pads. Madelyn quickly and efficiently attacked the man until he was back against mat panting.

"Very good Madelyn" Miss Maude spoke. Madelyn got off the man and rose to her feet. "Thank you Miss Maude" She replied. "I want you to move on to target practice" Miss Maude explained to Madelyn. "You are my best soldier and I intend on keeping up your skill set" Miss Maude spoke, not a slip of emotion in her words. "Yes Ma'am" Madelyn spoke and removed her protective wrap from her hands. She quickly wrapped up the wrap and set it in the locker with her name along it.

She grabbed her bottle of water and took a long sip. The ice cold water felt good coursing through her over heated body. She put her bottle back and closed the locker. She stood for a second, looking at her name engraved on the locker.

She thought about life outside this organization. She thought maybe there was more. Her thoughts were quickly shut off as Miss Maude called her name.

"Sorry Ma'am. I got distracted" Madelyn spoke. "Come here dear" Miss Maude spoke, not a single drop of emotion in her words.

Madelyn walked over to her. Standing at attention, as she had learned from a young age when called by Miss Maude.

"You seem to be out of it today. Are you ok?" Miss Maude asked. "I'm fine Ma'am" Madelyn spoke. "I want you to go see Bernard after target practice" Miss Maude spoke. Madelyn hated going to ser Bernard. He was the man you went to see when your mind wasn't focused.

"Yes Ma'am" Madelyn spoke, not wanting to fight Miss Maude. The fear if punishment sat within her chest. "Move along now. I have Miss River coming to see me" Miss Maude said. Madelyn looked down to her feet and moved into the next room.

She entered and closed the door. The room's walls were lined with targets, tables with weapons, guns and knives, laid out for the use of practice. 

Madelyn moved to the table where the small hand guns were laid out. She grabbed the first one she saw. She slid a cartridge into the gun and aimed at the target. She shot three times, hitting the target in bullseye all 3 times. She switched hands, shooting another 3 times, hitting the bullseye all three times.

She signed deeply before moving over to the table with the larger guns. The targets were farther away for the large guns.

She grabbed one, loaded it, and shot repeatedly at the target, never missing the bullseye. She shot until the magazine ran empty. She put the gun down and kept moving around the tables until she shot each kind of gun and threw knives at all targets.

She worked in the target room for almost 2 hours. Madelyn was tired and dreading her visit to Bernard. She kept throwing the knives until her hands got sore.

She pulled the knives out of the targets and laid them back on the table for the next user, who most likely be River.

River was Madelyn's best friend in the organization. Both of them were perfectly obedient and well trained workers. River and Madelyn were both around the age of 24. River was a younger by a year or two, they never actually knew their birthdays because Miss Maude would not let them celebrate any birthdays. Over time they forgot when their birthdays were, but knew year by year that were getting older.

Madelyn, after cleaning up the weapons she practiced with, made her way back into the main room where Miss Maude was yelling at River.

Madelyn learned to ignore other's work when Miss Maude was in the room. She opened her locker and grabbed her bottle if water. When she turned around she saw Miss Maude yelling at River for missing the opportunity to attack. The man wearing the same sparring pads stood in front of the two, waiting for his next instructions.

River's eyes were locked on the ground, taking the harsh yelling of Miss Maude.

When River first showed up at the organization Miss Maude constantly and repeatedly yelled and punished River. Madelyn stepped in saying River had had enough and needed a break. That earned Madelyn and harsh slap to the face and the night in the cell, instead of her small bedroom, which held a small twin bed and a small dresser.

Madelyn knew better than to step into anything involving anyone else.

Once Miss Maude was done yelling at River, she sent her into the target room. Madelyn looked up to Miss Maude. "Bernard is ready for you in the quiet room" Miss Maude spoke. Madelyn nodded and walked out into the hall, chugging some water, and walking to the quiet room.

The quiet room was a dark room where Bernard, the psychologist, would sit and pick through your brain until he broke through and you were obedient again.

Sometimes he would have to go about the whole process violently, making you physically forget everything but your training, and implanting thoughts of gratefulness towards Miss Maude for saving you from your poor desolate life.

Madelyn dreaded Bernard, his methods, and the quiet room. The quiet room got the nickname "quiet room" because it was sound proof. The reason for that was because when Bernard had to use let's say not so peaceful methods, the trainees wondering the halls would not hear the screams of pain and anguish from outside the door.

Madelyn made it to the door, mentally preparing herself for the torture she was about to endure. She silently cursed herself for letting her mind wonder and distract her. She took a deep breath and entered the room.

A/N
Hey guys this is a new story if mine. I know things are kinda slow right now but i promise things will pick up. I just wanted to lay out a background of my character so you can better understand her and her motives.