Chapter 9

"Where are we going?" Madelyn asked from the back seat. Bucky turned around to face her while Steve drove. "We are going to the airport. We need to go to Bucharest" Bucky explained. Madelyn looked at him. "Are we going after the man?" Madelyn asked. Bucky nodded.

She looked nervously, Bucky picked up on the look. He grabbed her hand "Hey it will be ok. Remember what I said I will never let them get you" Bucky said. Madelyn squeezed his hand, and took a deep breath. "Ok" She said. Bucky smiled at her.

"Nat said Stark is at the airport" Steve spoke. Bucky groaned. "He is going to try to stop us" Steve said. "We are going to need some back up" Bucky said and pulled out his phone.

"Madelyn take this" Steve said and handed her his phone, while driving the red car. "Go to contacts and call Clint Barton" Steve spoke. "On it" Madelyn said and started clicking through the phone.

"Bucky you call Sharon. We are going to need her to bring our suits" Steve said. "On it" Bucky said and clicked a number into the phone and held it to his ear.

"Hey is this Clint?" Madelyn spoke on the phone. "Steve needs your help. Can you meet us Dulles international airport?" Madelyn asked. "Yah. Steve said we need backup" She finished. "Thank you Clint. Nice to meet you" Madelyn said and clicked the phone off.

"Clint is on his way. He said he will get Wanda and Scott" Madelyn said and handed Steve his phone. "Very good" Steve spoke. "Bucky type the number for Sam for me" Steve said.

Bucky quickly typed the number and handed Steve the phone. Bucky turned in his seat and looked at Madelyn. He smiled at her. "We are going to be ok" Bucky said. Madeline smiled at him. "Good" She said and grabbed his hand. He smiled at their hands then up to her.

"We have the best on our side" Bucky said. Madelyn smiled. "That makes me feel better" She said. "It should" Bucky said. He turned back in his seat to face front, his arm still stretched behind him, holding Madelyns hand.

"Sharon said meet her under the bridge on 66 north" Bucky said. "On my way" Steve said, stilling speaking to Sam on the phone, and turning the car. Bucky's thumb ran over Madelyn's knuckles.

The action made butterflies rise in Madelyn's tummy. She was thankful he was facing front because her cheeks were rosy pink.

Steve drove down the highway. He saw his exit and pulled off. He put the car in park after he saw Sharon's car parked under the bridge.

"Stay here" Steve spoke and climbed out of the car. "What is he doing?" Madelyn asked. "Getting our suits" Bucky responded. Madelyn scooted out of her seat and rested her arms on the center counsel, next to Bucky.

They watched Sharon and Steve talking to each other.

"I don't think you get the concept of a getaway car" Sharon said making Steve chuckle. "It blends in" Steve responded. "Are you sure it's undercover?" Sharon asked. Steve nodded. "Ok. Cuz this stuff tends to draw a crowd" She said and opened the trunk.

Bucky and Madelyn could see their suits and other gear sitting in the back of the car. "My suit" Madelyn said. "They kept it?" She asked. "They did" Bucky responded.

They watched Sharon and Steve talk. Steve pulled Sharon in and kissed her. Madelyn and Bucky both smirked at the two. "Aww" Madelyn said. Bucky felt brave. His hand went to Madelyn's face and he pulled her to him. His lips crashed into hers.

Madelyn melted into him. The kiss was so intense, long waited for. Bucky pulled away. "Sorry I don't mean to come on too strong. I know we just met but" Bucky was interrupted. Madelyn put her hand over his mouth. "Just shut up and kiss me Bucky" She said. Bucky smirked and pulled her back to him.

Their lips moved in sync with one another. Both of them had butterflies flying around their tummies. Madelyn pulled away to catch her breath. She rested her forehead on Bucky's. They had large smiles on their faces.

They looked up and saw Sharon and Steve smirking at them. "Oh come on man" Bucky said. Steve and Sharon laughed, making Madelyn laugh.

Steve grabbed their stuff from the trunk and shoved it into the backseat of the red car, next to Madelyn.

Steve waved to Sharon and climbed into the drivers seat. "You got the stuff?" Bucky asked. Steve nodded. "Yup" He said.

"So you two?" Steve said as he drove the car out from under the bridge and made his way to the airport. "Shut up Steve" Bucky said. "Ok ok sorry for asking" Steve spoke with a smile on his face.

Bucky looked back at Madelyn. Both of them smiling. "Sharon said they have a team out looking for us. We could be in big trouble" Steve said. "I'm sorry. This is all my fault" Madelyn said. "Hey hey no it's not" Bucky said. "We will always protect you Mads" Steve said. She smiled at them. "Thank you" She said.

The car felt like it took forever. The traffic near Washington DC was terrible.

They eventually made it to the airport. They climbed out of the car, that was parked in a garage attached to the airport.

"Is that Clint?" Bucky asked, as a big white van pulled up and parked next to them. "Hey cap" Clint said as he climbed out of the drivers seat. Cap went around to shake his hand. "Thank you for coming" Steve said. "What about our other recruits?" Steve asked.

Madelyn and Bucky stood on the other side of the red car, watching Steve interact with the people.

"Thank you for having my back Wanda" Steve said. "It was time to get off my ass" She said. "Where's Lang?" Steve asked. "Right here. May need to put a little coffee in him" Clint said and opened the door of the white van.

"What time zone is this?" Scott asked as he sleepily climbed out of the car. "Woah. Hey Cap. Bucky" Scott greeted them.

"Are the Madelyn I talked to on the phone?" Clint asked as he looked at Madelyn. "That would be correct" Madelyn said and walked over to shake his hand. "Thank you for helping me out" She said. "Well Cap needed us" Clint said. Madelyn smiled at him.

"I'm Wanda" The girl wearing a black skirt said. "Nice to meet you Wanda. I'm Madelyn" She said and shook Wanda's hand. "Madelyn's too long. Let's call you Maddie" Wanda said. Madelyn smiled. "I like it" She said. "Well Maddie. I'm Scott" Scott said and shook her hand. "Nice to meet you" Madelyn said with a smile.

"Where's Sam?" Steve asked. "Right behind you" Sam said. Steve turned around. "Thank you guys for coming" Steve said. "Nice to meet you Sam. I'm Maddie" Madelyn said and shook his hand. He smiled at her. "Beautiful name" Sam said. Bucky gave him a death stare. "Where you from?" Sam asked with a smile.

"The airport is being evacuated. Please go to the nearest exit" The monitor from over head announced. "Stark" Bucky said annoyed.

"Alright everyone suit up" Steve said.

A/N

Sorry a little longer chapter this time. Hope you are enjoying the story so far.