Chapter 20

"Ok so explain to me what happened and why you don't have the food" Tony spoke. "Well I left to go get it. I came to that intersections between Richmond street and 101 st street and this guy ran thr red light and t boned the car" Steve explained.

"Which car did you take?" Tony asked. "The Bugatti" Steve spoke hesitantly, preparing to run away Tony. "I'm going to fucking kill you" Tony said and went to grab Steve, but he dodged him and ran away.

Madelyn was walking down the hall to the living room. "Watch out watch out" Steve hollered, sprinting down the hallway. Madelyn quickly stepped out of the way and let him run past her. "What are you running from?" She hollered. "Me" Tony yelled and ran down the hallway, behind Steve.

"Is the food here?" Bucky asked as Steve ran past him further down the hallway. "No" Tony yelled still chasing Steve. Steve took a turn to another hall.

Bucky looked up and saw Madelyn standing ahead of him. "What's going on?" Bucky asked. "I have no clue" She responded. "I was gonna go to the living room to see if the food was here but we just saw that" Madelyn spoke. Bucky chuckled and walked up to her. "Come on" He said. "We can go ask the team what happened" Bucky spoke.

They began walking. "You think Tony is gonna catch him?" Madelyn asked. Bucky laughed. "No"

They walked into the living room. Everyone was spread out on the couches. "Hey guys" Nat greeted Madelyn and Bucky. "Hey Nat" Madelyn said and sat next to her. Bucky took the empty seat next to the couch.

"Did you ser Steve and Tony?" Clint asked. "Yah. Why is Tony chasing Steve?" Bucky asked. "Steve crashed the Bugatti" Clint spoke. Bucky's eyes went wide. "The black one?" He asked. Clint nodded. "Steve has whatever it is coming" Bucky spoke.

"So that's why dinner isn't here" Wanda said. "Exactly" Nat spoke. "Anybody else starving?" Sam asked. "yes" and "Yup" sounded around the group of people.

"Night Out?" Nat asked. "Yes" everyone cheered, besides Madelyn and Bucky. "I will go ask Tony and Steve, granted if Steve is still alive" Wanda spoke and stood up. She exited to the hall where Tony chased Steve previously.

Everyone went back to the normal chatter. Madelyn looked at Bucky. Bucky could see she was nervous about the whole going out idea. He sympathized with that.

When Bucky first started his phase in process, he did not like going out to places where there would be large groups of people. Bucky understood her hesitance to the whole idea.

Wanda came back into the room with a large smile on her face. "Tony said yes and told me to tell you guys to get dressed because we leave in 10 minutes" Wanda spoke. relaying Tony's message.

"Is Steve still alive?" Sam asked. "Yes he is fine, Tony is just having him work overtime in the lab to make up for the loss." Wanda said. Everyone smiled at the news of Steve still being part of the land of the living. They all hurried off to get ready for dinner, leaving Madelyn and Bucky sitting in the living room.

"Do you want to stay home with me?" Bucky asked. Madelyn looked at him. "Are you not going out?" She asked. "no. Big crowds make me nervous" Bucky responded. "me too" She spoke. "Then let's stay in" Bucky suggested. "I can make us something and we can watch a movie. How does that sound?" Bucky asked. "That sounds perfect" Madelyn spoke with a smile.

Tony came walking into the room in a nice shirt and pants. "Why are you two not dressed?" Tony asked. "We are going to stay in tonight" Bucky spoke, not making Madelyn explain.

"oh alright. Just make sure Madelyn stays here at the compound because Steve, Nat and I are not going to be here" Tony spoke. "Ok. I will make sure" Bucky spoke. "Do you guys want us to bring home food for you?" Tony asked. "It will be late though" Tony said.

"No. it's ok. I will find something here to make us" Bucky said. "Ok. Well we will see you guys later tonight then" Tony said and walked out.

Bucky shot a smile over to Madelyn. The team left for dinner. Wanda and Nat both offered to bring Madelyn home some food. "Are you sure we can't bring anything back for you?" Wanda asked. "Yes i'm sure. I will be fine" Madelyn reassured them. "Not even ice cream?" Nat asked. "I've never had ice cream before" Madelyn spoke. "Ok. Be prepared when I get back because I am bringing as many flavors as I can carry" Nat said.

"Let's roll guys" Tony hollered. Everyone said bye to Madelyn and Bucky and left. Bucky looked over to Madelyn. "Want to help me cook?" He asked. Madelyn smiled and nodded. Bucky grabbed her hand and pulled her to the kitchen.

"Want to play a game?" Bucky asked. "Sure" Madelyn said. "Ok I am going to make you a meal and you make me one, but you have to use the stuff you find in the kitchen." Bucky said. "Ok you're on." Madelyn said.

Bucky turned on some music while they cooked. They both rifled through the fridge and the cabinets trying to find ingredients for something tasty.

Madelyn saw Bucky grab multiple things from the cabinet. Madelyn scanned the fridge. She found some chicken tenders and lettuce. 'I could make him a salad' she whispered to herself. She grabbed the lettuce and tup-o-ware of chicken tenders.

She chopped some lettuce and laid it nicely on a plate. She grabbed some vegetables from the fridge and chopped them up. She laid them neatly on top of the lettuce. She then reached for the chicken tenders and chopped them. laying on the vegetables on the plate. She grabbed from salad dressing from the fridge and poured it into a little bowl and placed it nicely next to the plate.

"Are you almost ready?" Bucky asked from behind her. "Just about" She said and filled a glass with water and ice. "Ok I'm ready" She said. "me too" Bucky spoke. "Go to the table" Bucky spoke.

Madelyn grabbed the plate and the glass of water and walked to the table. she set it down and placed the fork next to the plate on a napkin.

Bucky followed in behind her. He placed a plate in front of her. He had used the leftover chicken and pasta from a pervious dinner. He made her pesto chicken and pasta.

She smiled at the creation he made. He smirked and sat across from her. "You made this from leftovers in the fridge?" She asked shocked. Bucky nodded.

"Are these the chicken tenders from lunch?" Bucky laughed. Madelyn nodded. "Well let's dig in" Bucky spoke and grabbed his fork. They both began eating their food.

"I think to judge who made the best dinner we have to split" Madelyn said. Bucky agreed and scooped some of his salad onto her plate. She cut her food in half and scooped it onto his plate.

They both tasted the food. Madelyn groaned at the taste of Bucky's pesto chicken. "You definitely win" She said with a mouthful of chicken. "I disagree. This is the best salad I have had in a long time" He stated.

"You are just saying that to be nice" She spoke, cutting another piece of chicken and shoving it into her mouth. He chuckled and shoved more her salad into his mouth. "Shall we call it a tie?" Bucky asked. "Sure but you definitely won" She said. Bucky just chuckled and kept eating.

They ate and talked about their day. Bucky was making Madelyn laugh at the stories of young Steve getting beat up in allies.

once they finished they cleaned up their plates and the kitchen, from where they made their food.

"Want to go chose a movie while I finish this up" Bucky asked Madelyn, grabbing the last few dishes and putting them in the dish washer. "Sure" Madelyn responded with a smile and walked to the screening room.

She grabbed the remote and sat down. She was scrolling through the titles of movies, trying to find one that interests her.