Xiao Zhan 3

For months and months, Zhan returned home from work, ensured his mother was fine, spent some time with her, and locked himself up in the room crying.

He couldn't get over his regret that he could never repay his dad. He wept for his dad as well. His dad had a hard life, he worked as a rental car driver in the day and in a restaurant at night as a chef. Daily, 365 days, without rest, never took a holiday, and his children hated him. Zhan wept and wept his heart clenching for his dad, ashamed that he never gave his dad a break.

Zhan's mother however was a lady of great mental strength, she got well within a month and became the head of the household. She knew Zhan was broken so she stayed strong for him. She often tried to distract Zhan with lame jokes putting up a strong forefront and hugged her baby Zhan as much as she could. She often visited Shuang and her children when Zhan was out working to keep herself happy.

Throughout this period, Zhan's colleague Jay had been nothing but supportive, kind and caring. As time passed, the two fell in love. Zhan's mother had accepted Jay whole heartedly, Jay had always secretly kept in contact to ease Zhan's mother regarding Zhan.

Jay was a loyal and optimistic guy. He grew up in a loving family and he knew very well how to love everyone around him. He pulled Zhan out from his broken world and showed him light.

Two years with Jay changed Zhan. Zhan became confident and mischievous. He was an easy laugh and he was charming. Jay encouraged Zhan to make friends and widen his social circle. Zhan now had a few loyal friends who would go through fire and water for him, and he the same.

Zhan was at the height of bliss when Jay proposed. Jay had planned a surprise with Zhan's friends and both families gathered. They had planned to go to US to be registered formally but decided to wait for a while. Instead, they would do a formal tea ceremony and bow to the heavens, their parents and to each other instead.

Zhan never felt so much bliss even though there were tons of stuff to prepare, he prepared them joyously along with Jay and his loved ones.

Zhan and Jay was driving both mothers to shop for candles and tea set when a truck crashed into their cars.

3 months later, Zhan woke up and was startled when he slowly recalled the event. He tried to call Jay and his mom and Jay's mom but their phones were switched off.

Feeling anxious, he called Shuang.