Finding Zhan

Time skip.

Zhan felt his knees weaken as he collapsed on the floor.

"Jay.... I'm sorry! I fell in love." Zhan wept uncontrollably, curled up on the floor in his empty room.

Yibo was gone now, and Zhan had no choice. He had to let Yibo go. Yibo was a bright star, brilliant in his work yes. But he too had a brilliant soul. He was bright, kind, soft hearted, and he loved so well. He had passions, he had dreams, he could stand at the top of his world wherever he went. Zhan was nothing like Yibo, and Yibo deserved better. Yibo deserved the best. And Zhan could not give him what he deserved.

Zhan bit his lip and lay on the floor. Without a care for himself anymore, he wept in silence.

________________________________

I am going to find him, and this time, I will never let go. Yibo bucked up again after crying for hours. Yibo was strong like that. He couldn't get up earlier because he didn't understand what was wrong. But when he had things figured, he always moved forward with resolute will. This time, Yibo had a goal, he had a direction and he had a plan.

Yibo was welcomed at the airport warmly. Haikuan was there with Yibo's parents and friends. The whole gang breathed a sigh of relief and waved excitedly back at the smiling Yibo who was waving excitedly at them.

Wang Yibo is back! They all had the same thought as their eyes shone brightly.

Yibo picked up on his work activities again. As if to make amends for missing Yibo for half a year, he was warmly welcomed and received. His popularity more than tripled before he took a break and he was flying thrice a day from city to city on promotional, hosting, guest, singing, dancing activities.

Yibo had put out his own wholly self written, self choreographed album, he was loaded with endorsements and he even went on a world tour.

2 years later,

"Yibo, you need to take a vacation." Haikuan said with a strong gaze.

"No brother, I don't need a break." Yibo answered with an equally strong gaze.

"You have to, your body is tired." Haikuan dropped his fist on the table.

Yibo knew there was no room for discussion when Haikuan was like that. But Yibo cannot take a break, he needed to be out there. He had to be everywhere. He needed the media's spotlight on him everyday. This was the only way to force himself into Zhan's world. He had been searching everywhere for Zhan secretly.

He even managed to find Zhan's friends though social networks. But even Zhan's friends could not reach Zhan. He had managed to meet up with Yang when Yang was on a business trip to Beijing. He knew Zhan's story and he was sure he didn't love Zhan any less. In fact, he loved him more. He wasn't sure how that happened because he was also sure that he loved Zhan so much nothing in this world can compare. But he still ended up loving Zhan more. And more and more each day. He was sure Zhan was out there alone. He wanted to pull Zhan into his embrace and give you all his love. He was broken knowing Zhan might be enduring his grey world alone. He wanted nothing but happiness for Zhan, and he wanted to be there by Zhan's side, every step of the way.

He was pretty damn sure, if Zhan had moved on, he'd be in contact with his friends again. If Zhan was dead, shit, Yibo's heart wrenched at this thought. But if Zhan was dead, he'd know. He was monitoring every possible report of death daily without fail for the past two years.

What he didn't realise was that Haikuan knew.
Haikuan knew that Yibo was fine, he was strong. But Haikuan was with him the most. And he knew that Yibo was missing someone. He just couldn't figure out who. Why was Yibo monitoring death reports? Why did Yibo sometimes ask them to stop the car and run out into the street searching for someone? Why did Yibo sometimes pause when being asked the same questions on dating from interviewers. He had a standard answer and he always knew how to answer, why did he pause. Viewers may not catch onto this split second of indecision but Haikuan knew. Yibo seemed to be working towards a goal, towards someone, but Yibo had adamantly refused to share with Haikuan no matter how he tried to trick, prompt, ask him directly. What he knew was that Yibo needed a break. Yibo was starting to break and Yibo himself had not realised this.

" I will take up the casting on Mo Dao Zu Shi if you let me continue working." Yibo said with a resolute glare, a hint of mischievousness flashed in his eye.

"Yibo, you can't use that against me" Haikuan gave an exasperated sigh.

Mo dao Zu Shi was a gay themed novel on cultivators. It was extremely popular and the director had extended his invite to Yibo to play the role of Lan Wang Ji several times.

Yibo had adamantly refused the role and the director had adamantly refused to start production until Yibo agreed.

Haikuan thought that Yibo was adverse to portrayal of his sexual orientation and had tried convincing Yibo that due to China's regulations, only friendship is portrayed in the film. But Haikuan was wrong.

Yibo was not homophobic. He was gay himself. He didn't want Zhan to see him in love with another guy. Even if it's just an act. No! He could never allow that. But now finding Zhan takes precedence, and he was sure he could explain to Zhan so long as he absolutely avoided any media scandals with his co star.

"Okay, you've got a deal, but you have to cut back on some of your activities." Haikuan relented with a final push.

"Deal brother." Yibo smiled his most charming smile.