Chapter 2 - rushing everyone out.

Nightmare's perspective

I was finishing some paperwork, I always have different boring things to do, and killer sat quietly besides the desk drawers. I almost always hated other's company but killer wasn't breaking any of my comfort zones, I could even say it was rather nice having him around.

"So? Night, how've you been without me for a couple of days? I bet you've been dying to have me back." Killer chuckles, messing up his dark brown/black hair.

He was wearing a black turtleneck t-shirt with a red target pattern on the chest, his turquoise jacket was messily wrapped around his arms and chest and he had black baggy trousers that were tucked into his brown boots.

"It was nice not having you here but it's fine with you back." I mutter towards him. Killer chuckles a little and brings his legs towards his chest.

We don't say anything for a second, the only noise that was around was the yells from outside but I didn't care for it.

"So! I was thinking." Killer starts with a big smile, "why not we go to the cafe? I could treat you to some more coffee?"

I look towards him, I did like the sound of that but that would mean he would be clinging onto me all day.

I think for a moment, "fine." I stand up and hold a hand out to help him up. He takes my hand, flashes me a small smile, and pulls me by the hand I now wished I didn't offer to him. It felt like it was going to fall off if I didn't follow.

He pulls the door open and stops as he was met by many people running towards the exit - wouldn't be safe by the stairs. We both look at the chaos before quickly shutting the door and sitting by it.

"Maybe later?" Killer asks, looking over to me with his dull black(supposed to be blue) eyes. I nod in respond, listening for the foot steps to die down.

I look over to killer who had his head leaning on the door handle, it looked rather uncomfortable but he didn't seem to care much. I could never see where his eyes were lay upon but I could sort of feel them, I know because it was a cold feeling that shook inside your soul. He must've caught onto my stare as instead of a resting facial expression of boredom was a small smile of confusion.

"Yes night?" Killer smirks at him, taking his head off the handle.

I look away, "I think the crowds gone now."

Killer nods and stands up, opening the door after nudging me out the way. The lights were swinging a little but other than that the place was normal, just a bit deserted.

"What..." I pause to look around, "happened?"

Killer shrugs, "no idea. Let's go find someone?"

I nod and started walking down the hall, killer sprints to catch up. We wander towards the cafe as that should be where most people group at, checking offices as we go. The doors of the cafe were spread open, carelessly flapping in the cool breeze and the cafe had knocked over tables and plastic chairs.

"Dream?!" I call, striding towards the middle of the cafe. Killer accompanied me by holding the side of my arm, sometimes I think he's a child.

Nobody replied.

Killer says the Obvious, "I don't think he's here."

"Wow! No, never suspected that! Thanks." I sarcastically growl. Killer looks as if he rolled his eyes and walks towards the other side which had another set of doors. They weren't open, locked actually.

"Pass me the keys." Killer commanded, not turning to face me and he held his hand towards me. I sigh and search my pocket, jangling the keys before I threw them at him. He caught them easily, aiming them into the door and waiting for it to click open.

"Aha! Come on." Killer smiles, throwing the keys back to my open hands and violently pulls the door open.

Someone was laying on the floor, face down and had a note in their hand. Killer walks over to them, kneels down and rolls them over. He recognises them straight away.

"Outer?" Killer says nervously, "outer! Wake up!"

"Outer? Oh was he that optimistic partner to science, the failed scientist that I had to shout at because they did something wrong?" I wondered, killer nodded at my description and pulled outer's mouth towards killer's cheek - searching for his breathing.

"..." killer's eyes widen in shock, "he's not breathing?!"

"What?!" I exclaimed, rushing towards them and standing over killer. He looks up to me, holding outer's head carefully on his lap and using his hand to stroke his stripy hair away.

Outer's eyes flash open, they were a fully deep green and he opens his mouth. His normal teeth were replaced by flesh tearing knives. I step back in shock, killer notices my reaction and he looks back at outer.

"W-what the-?!" Killer yelps, moving his hands away from outer's face and using them to pull himself away. Outer dives for killer's leg, his boot getting in the way as he kicks outer in the cheek and scrambles away. Killer stops by my leg, still sat and surprised, his boot alittle ripped from the teeth.

Outer steps up, limping from a numb leg and uses his cooperating leg to skid towards us. It made a horrible screech and I swore I heard a bone cracking.

"W-we need to go!" Killer stutters, using his hands to help himself up and grabbing my hand to pull me along. Killer decides to close the door just as I get through and he barricades it with his back, leaning on the door.

"What was that?!" I queried. Killer glares at me, his look spoke for him, 'do you think I know?'. I chuckle of course he didn't know, he was with me.

"Nightmare!" Someone addressed towards them, his voice was very familiar. I look over to see Error, my second in command, he ran to us and literally picked killer up and dragged me along.

"Glitch! Glitch! Put me down!" Killer whined, Error didn't drop him until he felt a safe distance from outer. He let's go of my arm as I ran along with him, killer wasn't thrashing against Error but he was whining a lot.

Error sprints into his office and drops killer onto the stone floor, falling face first with his nose smashing into the stone tile. I stand by him and killer who was rubbing his nose in pain.

"You guys wanna know what happened right?" Error inquired. I nod, crossing my arms and leaning upon his desk.

Error chuckles a little and explains, "something happened in the lab, the person that was picked made the decision to use... someone as a test-subject. It went wrong, made some like zombies."

Killer stands up and worryingly requested an answer, "who was the subject?"

Error stays quiet and then mumbles, "Outer."

I heard but killer didn't so I decide to not crush killer's soul, "hey! Hey why not we find a way out of here?"

Errors eyes glowed a deep blue and the other glowed a yellow, "I have an idea, but first we need to collect cross, dust, horror and others. Horror and dust are still at the hospital, I have no idea about cross but I'm sure he'll be ok."

"So we head to the hospital?" Killer asked knowing he won't want to know who the subject was. Me and Error nod, Error quickly reaches to the door and opens it a crack.

"There is 4 out there right now, I bet we could get past to the stairs. I saw blue and dream run down there before the crowd, they stopped to explain it to me." Error concluded, "we're going straight to the hospital, only 3 blocks than 2 floors, room 1C."