Chapter 17 - meeting in C1

No ones perspective

The sun wasn't shining as bright, it wasn't through the fog around the car but atleast that was a normal thing.

Reaper was still driving, they were almost at the town and the messages sent to his son had been delivered.

A massive yawn exited the sleeping bundle, Geno had finally woken and unravelled from his curled position.

"Good morning." Reaper smiles, glancing at Geno then back at the glowing road.

Geno grumbles to himself, "hm..." he rubs his eyes, "why are you still driving?"

"Because I didn't switch with anyone." Reaper says, glancing at Geno.

"I meant are we there yet...." Geno held the last note, "wait you didn't switch?"

Reaper smiles at Geno, his tired look still there, "it's fine, you can switch later on!" Reaper sounded a bit positive.

"Are you on an all nighter adrenaline?" Geno questions, stretching his arms.

Reaper nods, "I think so..." he sighs, "I think it's more of a message I got." He smiles to himself.

"Oh, you've got a partner?" Geno questions, a small frown across his face as he looked at Reaper curiously.

Reaper chuckles lightly, "no, I've got a son." He glanced at Geno's smirk then back to the road, "he's adopted."

"Cool." Geno simply says, "well we should switch now. I'm awake and you look tired, I'd rather not die by a car crash." Geno murmurs, unbuckling his seat belt. Reaper slows down, making the car stop gradually.

Reaper takes off his seat belt, glancing at Geno. Geno just clambers over to Reaper, nudging him into the doorway. Reaper opens the door, walking all the was round the front of the car and sitting in Geno's seat.

"Hm..." Reaper sighs, putting his feet up and looking at Geno, "I'm tired now."

Geno smiles a bit, starting the car up and getting back on track, "you've been up all night. Only a true god can stay awake for that long and still have focus."

"I don't think a God would want to do that to be honest." Reaper murmurs, "sounds tiring." Geno nods at Reaper's reply.

"Well go to sleep?" Geno says, indicating for a turn. Reaper shakes his head.

He yawns loudly, "can't be bothered. I'll do it tomorrow." His phone pinged loudly, making Reaper wake up and quickly pick up his phone.

Goth: Good morning! Me and Palette will try to get there, thank you. Just gonna grab some food then we'll meet you in a couple of days?

Reaper smiles at the message, quickly typing back.

Reaper: k, I'll try not to move so cya then! Stay safe. <3

Geno glanced at Reaper, "so your son's still alive?" Reaper sighs, putting his phone down as soon as he noticed that Goth had read it.

"Yes, he's still alive with a friend aswell I think." Reaper glanced back at an old message, "yeah, he's with his best friend so he'll live."

Geno nods, "I never knew you had a child." He looked in the rear-view mirror, the others hadn't awoken yet.

"Yeah, what don't I know about you then?" Reaper sat up, tilting his head slightly.

Geno doesn't shift his head as he glanced at Reaper, "I'm not sure." His eyes drifted back to the road, "I've only seen you around, so I don't think we're the closest of friends. Right?"