Chapter 4 - Cross!

Nightmare's perspective

Killer puts his elegant hand into his turquoise jacket, taking out the sharpest kitchen knife I've seen in ages - luckily it had a safety case, if that was in his pocket then it would've stabbed through his waist and that would be a waste for him. Me and Error look at his very surprised.

"What?" Killer asks very oblivious to the weirdness of having a knife in your pocket. I glare at him.

"How long have you had that in your pocket?!" Error yelps, putting his hands towards killer in confusion.

Killer smirks at Error, "long enough, I think it's rusting a little, It was raining yesterday."

"Let's ignore that, how are we going to get past?" I wonder, commanding them to say ideas.

Killer's smile brightens, "I say me and you!" He points at me, "use Error as bait and go run off without the others."

Error whacks the back of killer's head, throwing killer's head forwards - rather painfully - and he crosses his arms away from me and killer. I chuckle at their stupid arguing.

"What about you actually repay me for saving you guys!" Error growls at us, "and I say we leave killer, he's gonna get us into something stupid."

Killer nods in agreement, "that would be smart! But~ it's night's choice."

I look at them both and face-palm, "why not we find another way out?"

Killer turns around, me and Error look at him confused, and opens the door - very violently. Me and Error run towards the door as he sprints past the reaching arms of hungry undead. I admire the way he elegantly slips from anything. He opens the door at the far end of the corridor, that looked as if it was getting longer every second, and quickly skids through. Closing it behind him.

"I- think he made it." Error says astonished at killer's 'bravery'. I look down the debry filled hall, my mouth open in admiration and panic - he could've got hurt! - but I breath in carefully.

"Let's go." I say, clamping my eyes shut as I slip from behind the safety of the doors. Error stares at me in horror, I felt the cold glare on the back of my shoulder as I flick my eyes open and spectate the possibility to safely get across.

I only find two, an easy way through the middle and a harder way. The way that takes two of the undead out of the way, I had to pick one and give the other to Error.

I picked the harder route, The easier would've been My thanks to Error for saving us.

I quickly creep round towards the side, speeding towards a living dead - they knew I was coming but didn't expect my actions - and I kneel down. Using my back leg to force my body weight into the Zombie's numb legs, they fall over me and smash their fragile face into the solid ground. I don't check behind me to see if it worked because I ran towards the exit, sweeping the second by spreading my boot out to them. They topple over onto me but I use my arms to bounce them towards my right into the wall, they land upon their back - cracking their spine with a deafening crunch.

Killer opens the door to me and I sprint into its safe light, just as I get through I slow my pace. Who knows what could've been out there!

"Great job night!" Killer smiles brightly down to me. I take a second to look at that smile, it was very heart warming and could bring positivity into the situation. I rarely liked positivity but I didn't mind killer's, it was very sadistic.

Killer glares at Error, who was creeping back into the doors. The remaining had dragged there unfollowing limbs towards him and that freaked Error out more. He closes his eyes and holds his breath, sprinting from in between their grip. One had a firm grip on his scarf, Error found no reason to fight against it so leaves his brother's scarf.

He gets safely behind the doors, finally taking in heavy breaths. Me and killer look down towards him, he'd never taken that scarf off for anything.

Error's blue scarf was the last thing he got from his older brother that died from cancer; Error's red glasses were from his mum before he got adopted by his new older brother, Geno, and younger brother, fresh.

"Aren't you gonna go back for that?" Killer asked, pointing at the still open door. Error quickly closes the door, shakes his head and walks to the automatic glass doors. We exchanged glances behind Error's back the followed closely behind.

Light flooded from outside as we pried the doors open, power went out really quickly. It was a sunny day compared to my first thoughts, guess everything is changing today.

I flick my eyes closed when I walk out, awaiting them to adjust, "let's quickly go."

Error and killer nod at my advise, Error taking the lead and passing my black rover. It was still out of fuel.

Outside was a few abandoned cars and an unfortunate amount of bodies that were too slow and weak for this newly developing world. They all shifted when we fought to the pavement, that made killer's grip on his knife harden and Error tensed even more.

"Come on! One more block left." Error mumbles to us. Killer goes further towards him, he looked anxious to get into the hospital to be reunited with his best-friends. Horror and dust.

"There's n-nothing LEFT!" Someone screams, their voice was enveloped with crying stutters and its pitch broke many times.

Me, Error and killer stop to look around at what was going on. I don't think Error and killer saw but all I saw was cross on the road. He was lay down with his chest wide open, showing his deep red shirt, his white jacket was placed across the concrete and his eyes were completely shut.

I run closer, the voice came from ink and he was yelling at blue. Dream was knelt by the pavement, Cross' scarf in his hands, and was crying into the blood stained scarf.

"We're still here!" Blue yells back, he was stood by dream and ink was crossing his arms away from them both.

Error whispers to us, "I think we should go, there's some trying to come towards us."

Killer was staring at cross' body, motionless and he looked almost dead. I shake my head to Error, I'm not leaving Dream like that. Never.

I walk straight towards the arguing people, surprising ink and blue, and I kneel down in between them to where Dream was sniffing into cross' scarf.

I get a better look at cross' body while walking past. He wasn't wearing a red t-shirt, it was a light grey that was stained by his own rose blood and it had a big hole through the middle where lots of bite marks had gone through his flesh. His stomach flesh was shredded and painfully exposed to the dust and grit that came from the car park. His eyes were forced tightly shut and tears stung the sides of them.

"Brother." I calmly speak to Dream, I took his hands away from his face and take the scarf from his weak grip. His eyes were stained with tears that still flowed, I give a very occasional smile towards him and I wrap the scarf around his neck.

Dream looks at me, his eyes glittering with the sun. I make sure to block cross' body from his view.

"C-cross... h-he's." Dream trails off from his sentence, blue kneels down next to us and I give a death glare to him, only a good friend could be around dream and he's lost, ink lost ages ago. Dream started whimpering, trying to shield his anguish.

I put my finger over my mouth, saying by action 'shhh...', and braced Dream's shoulder by my strong hands. Pulling him forwards into a hug, I would never do that but Dream really liked cross. He even came to me to talk about him.

Dream sniffs from behind my long free hair, tears dripping down the back of my jacket and he wraps his arms around my waist and grips onto the back of my jacket.