Chapter 3 - You, don't know what's going on?

Error's perspective

I searched for any weapons in the locked drawers that stacked behind the glass of the cafe's counter. Everyone found it smart to run out in a mass of chaos even though the building would've been more secure than outside were that 'squid' let the disease escape to.

"Dream?!" A familiar voice stupidly shouted from the hall, how many of those brain dead creatures did that scream stir?

I don't wait to find out. I bolted down the empty halls, my red shoes making small thuds as I drop my keys.

I stop for the keys, Turning back towards the cafe's entrance. No. I am not going back for some people who have no clue what's going on! I argue with my own mind, like other countless times, I would normally win but I start walking towards the cafe's entrance.

"I am walking, towards that brainless human? Why?!" I mumble as I pick up the pace.

I look over to see killer and... nightmare? Surely nightmare wasn't that stupid!

"Nightmare!" I yell. I find enough adrenaline to sprint towards them, I didn't find it smart to explain it to them especially out in the open. So I ignore the fact I hate physical contact and I run to pick killer up in a fire-person's hold. I pull nightmare by the wrist and run down to my office. Hoping it was still safe.

"Glitch! Glitch! Put me down!" Killer thrashes against my shoulder but I didn't care for it. I wouldn't drop him yet, there was no need to alert the 'Zombies'.

Nightmare started to catch on with following so I reluctantly give him his arm back. Killer stopped thrashing against me but was moping with his cheek leant against my shoulder, I shudder as his warm breath goes into my black, with blue stitches, jacket.

I finally arrive at my office and nightmare strides in, his pace quickly slowing almost to a stop, I walk in and drop killer. Making sure for him to fall on his face, I risked my life for them and he just makes my shoulder hurt. Nightmare wanders further into my office and killer was still on the floor.

"You guys wanna know what happened right?" I ask, knowing they didn't already know. Nightmare nods, crossing his arms and leaning on my desk. I didn't mind, didn't need it, not anymore anyway.

I chuckle as I recall the masses of panic, their scrambling was popcorn worthy. I start to explain, "something happened in the lab, the person that was picked made the decision to use..." I thought of a way to say that won't make it a worst situation, "someone as a test-subject. It went wrong, made some like Zombies."

Killer finally stands from the uncomfortable floor and worriedly asked me, "who was the subject?"

I knew killer and outer were good friends, that made me a bit nervous. I never really cared for outer but I had enough sympathy to feel bad for outer. I quietly mumble, "Outer."

Nightmare heard but killer luckily didn't, "hey!" Nightmare starts -he's definitely soft for killer- to direct the conversation away, "hey why not we find a way out of here?"

I had a good suggestion but didn't know how it would've works, "I have an idea, but first we need to collect cross, dust, horror and others. Horror and dust are still at the hospital, I have no idea about cross but I'm sure he'll be ok."

I doubt cross is ok but it's good to give fake hope. Nightmare makes a small smile at my effort.

"So we head to the hospital?" Killer questions, nightmare looks over to killer and nods, I do the same except with less staring. I go along with my plan and open the door enough for me to not alert anything and to be able to watch any problems.

Four were in my eyesight, but that was the whole corridor, one was right by the door so I quickly close it.

I inform nightmare, killer was listening in, "there are 4 out there right now, I bet we could get past to the stairs. I saw blue and dream run down there before the crowd, they stopped to explain it to me."

I take the directions from my mind, "we're going straight to the hospital, only 3 blocks than 2 floors, room 1C."

Killer nods, he'll follow anyone who has a plan - especially nightmare. I go back to the door, the 'Zombie' was right behind the door.

It had its bottom lip torn off and blood dripping from their chin onto their lab coat. So it's gone round the lab already?

"Ok, let's go." I command, nightmare and killer quickly standing behind me. I brace my body onto the door, violently pushing it open and into the Undead. It's bone cracked, making me cringe a little, I didn't enjoy seeing blood nor hear bones cracking.

Killer and nightmare had ran past the others towards the double doors at the end of the corridor we hadn't already past in this 'accident'.

I quickly run after them as the other 3 find enough control over the bodies to drag numb body parts towards me, trying to grapple against my jacket. I skid between the double doors, killer and nightmare shoving them into the 3 that had caught a piece of bright blue thread from my stitched jacket.

"Everyone ok?" Killer asks after barricading the doors. Nightmare let go of them, killer doing the same, and awaited struggle. Struggle came a millisecond after letting go, the creatures acting like a dog that had been left by their owner - even if it was for a second - their sharp nails making blood curling screeches upon the glass.

"Yeah." I sigh, looking towards the stairs. There was spots of blood, probably from the crowds, and a child's shoe was left on the stairs turning platform.

"We should go, come on." Nightmare advised, descending quickly. Killer followed close behind and I trudge after them.

We carry on down to the ground floor, in silences. I didn't mind, there was no reason for us to attract unwanted attention, and I never really felt really close to killer or nightmare.

Killer was just a childish worker, I had no clue how he could get anything done in the time he was alone as he was one to surround himself in people. Not many that were loyal but he had Horror and dust, the weirdest trio I have ever met, but I got to admit it was fun around them. Tiring but fun.

Nightmare was... different? He never found anything fun, disliked most especially dream but it was peaceful around him. I could sew while he read and that's how we bonded. We only did that occasionally - normally when the office asked for us both to come in late at night - but it was peaceful.

We eventually get to the ground floor, I check through the glass to search for the undead. We had been absolutely terrible at checking our surroundings all the time, so I took the roll of checking.

It was littered with Undead from the end towards right by the door, the chance of safely getting across even with three people was low. One of them would've been taken in with the new society.

Nightmare looks at me, asking if it was safe by one glance. I violently shake my head, killer chuckles and looks through.

"I'm sure we can get through there!" He smiles, I shake my head and covers his mouth with my hand. He was too loud. He rolls his eyes, pushing my hand away and puts his other hand into his jacket pocket. Me and nightmare look at him confused until killer brings out a kitchen knife which was in a safety case. We both look at him surprised.

"What?" Killer asks.