Chapter 9 - that makes sense.

Error's perspective

I ask, "so what is there to understand, there's zombie creatures around, cross hasn't turned and what else?"

Blue puts his hand up as if we were at a meeting, "how are they so quick? Me and dream found out about outer then we decided to sprint and then the people came rushing out." Nightmare nods.

He decides to spread his ideas - i didn't mind, he's pretty smart - and says, "if you saw someone drop dead what would your reactions be?"

Blue and ink says in unison, "run." I just shrug which gave me a glare from nightmare.

For some random reason, horror decides to say, "food." Nobody understood.

"Let's take the most stable ideas, run. Meaning that if the zombies caught atleast one human then everyone would run, unless you're error, horror, probably killer or dust." Nightmare murmurs, still glaring at me and somehow at horror from the corner of his eye. Horror either didn't notice or care. I awkwardly chuckle a little.

"So they aren't that much of a threat?" Ink asks, his question wasn't needed as we all knew they were a threat. Did he forget about cross?

"Ahem." I mutter loud enough to catch his attention, "cross." Ink laughs a small amount.

"He's weak, they aren't a threat." Ink says, not showing any care that he just insulted cross infront of us. I couldn't care less but blue and horror might feel differently.

Horror shrugs, guess he doesn't care, and nightmare nods. Nightmare always hated everyone but then cross gets closer to dream, I have never seen nightmare hate someone so much. Blue just stares ink down, trying to force him to apologise for some reason.

"So, they scare people more than attack?" Blue asks after staring up at Ink.

I add into the conversation, "they attack. They attack a lot." Ink looks over towards me. His eyes glow a light green, around the outer lines of the iris, mixed with small shading of orange, blue and a deep purple in the centre his iris. It was super colourful and confusing.

I must've spaced out because the next moment I found out that there's speakers in the hallways.

"Hello everyone on the second floor, this announcement was to warn you all that the first floor is out of boundaries as there is a situation in progress. Please refrain from trying the stairs as they have been locked for any access. Elevators are out of use as well." A voice comes from a speaker in the hallway.

"Well I guess they're here now." Ink stated the obvious. I roll my dark blue eyes.

"They have speed, can they run?" Blue asks, me and horror give the same look of confusion and thought. Horror was probably trying to figure out how bad our situation was and I was trying to figure out whether they can run or not.

"It is possible but they don't have complete control over their bodies. The problem is that they may gain control over time. Meaning they may learn how to walk properly or even, as you said, run." Nightmare explains, pointing at blue as he got closer to his explanations ending.

"So in the future, if this is still around, they'll be able to run. That'll be fun." I sarcastically exhale, I can't wait for this to pass over.

"If this is still around?" Ink asks, he sounded as if he was holding back a laugh, "it started at outer, ya know? That 'friend' of science's, we need to find him and try to figure out what those scientists did. We have no clue where outer went after he swept through the lab and destroying everything in his very bent and wonky path."

I laugh, "this version of outer sounds fun." Nightmare and ink glare at me.

Nightmare says, "we saw outer down the hall near the cafe. He might've moved since me and killer were there but I'm sure he wouldn't have gone far."

"So we collect killer, dream and cross. Then wait for dust to wake up and go get outer to try and fix this mess?" Blue concludes, I hum in response and the others -that can emote- nod.

"Yes!" Ink happily punches the air. I chuckle a little then bring out a sewing needle and some thread, ready to fix on the end button of my dark grey jacket. Nightmare takes the hint and takes out his unfinished book, the book mark he was using was a ripped list of groceries with a total that was added to £14.60.

Blue takes the notice that we were going into silence and decides to take out his phone. He looks at it for a moment then holds it up, searching for a connection but was given a no-power. Ink decides to do similar as blue but doesn't search for data, he just clicks onto a game or something then shares it with blue.

Horror just leans upon the wall, bringing his legs over the closest armrest of the chair and holds onto dust's hand which was lay next to him comfortably. Dust was happy - if he could emote, he looked almost dead - to have the comfort of Horror around him.

I finish up with the button and look around, realising my question wasn't answered. The needle was put back in my pocket and I take off my hood. My messy dark brown hair falling infront of my eyes.

"Why didn't cross turn?" I ask, breaking the silence I enjoy. Horror looks up from his rest and nightmare has a look that said, 'I am questioning the same thing but no clue with the answer.'

Ink speaks up, "I..." he had no idea. Why'd he speak up if he had no idea?! I sigh and he carries on, "I think they were eating, look at the zombies you've seen, they haven't got many scratches or cuts only a nice painless bite. Meaning that there might be two different types, feeding ones like what happened to cross or the zombies themselves, carrying out the creation of those creatures."

I think for a moment, his idea had the ability to be truthful but it didn't have much evidence since most of the zombies are covered in blood and many scratches and bite marks all over them.

"Pffft!" Blue tries to hold back a laugh, he looks at all our reactions which was completely confused, "oh sorry! I just find it a little useless, why would you waste humans to turn them into zombies when you could have a massive free buffet without any other zombies taking your stash."

"V-Vwwwhaaa??" Ink confusingly questions, it wasn't even a sentence more like a confused noise. That was surprising for blue but I like his thinking.

Nightmare nods in agreement with blue's laughter, I try not to laugh. The most sane one out of most of us just said to eat many humans. I'm not really complaining that he's not as sane as we thought, I'm just surprised.