#9 ||DHANI||

#9 || Dhani Harrison ||

--

People were getting too loud without the teacher in the room and you shifted around in your seat uncomfortably.

It was strange, because for one moment, you forgot about the new boy that Mr.Liles introduced to the class just before he left.

-
Mr.Liles was interrupted by the annoying voice on the P.A system 'Mr.Liles? The new student is here. He will be up with Mrs.Brooke.'

Mr.Liles put down his chalk and asked you to push the button down that said 'call' on the speaker. Since you were the closest one, you reluctantly got up and made sure your skirt didn't get caught on anything to embarrass you. He replied with a 'okay, we'll be ready.' And said thanks. You only nodded curtly with your small smile.

Mr. Liles went back to writing down important notes on the board, and just when you were done finishing up the fifth one, there was a knock on the door. Mr. Liles smiled and opened it immediately going on his welcoming speech.

None of you could really see the new kid, for they were just outside the door. But everyone was tilting their heads to try and get a better view. You were most curious. Since you were sitting near the door, right at the very front, You could just make out a couple words here and there, but ultimately could hear an accent.

As Mr.Liles said bye to the woman the whole class sat their bottoms back in their seat and tried to look serious.

Right in front of you, a boy with soft brown hair walked by to the centre of the room. His features were very defined, including his eyebrows. He looks familiar. Very familiar.

Mr.Liles stood by him and spoke. "Would you like to introduce yourself, Dhani?"

The boy looked down for a second and gulped. He really didn't want to do the speaking with all this attention but nodded his head anyways.

"Hi..err.. My name is Dhani.." He looked down and it seemed as if he was deciding on whether to say his last name. He took a deep breath before saying, "er..Dhani Harrison.."

He winced, half expecting jaws to drop. There was a brief pause and when he saw no one react, he immediately felt relieved.He's got an accent alright. And it made everyone squirm. Dhani looked down, unsure of what to say next. Thankfully, Mr. Liles spoke for him. "Alright Dhani, I hope you settle in fine. You could take a seat next to..err.." He said scanning the room for empty seats and deciding the best placing. "Oh, right behind y/n."

You winced at your name. You looked down and blushed uncontrollably when his eyes met yours.

You looked around at the other girls and saw that they were practically drooling over him. One of them was actually giving you a dirty look, but you just looked back down. You knew that you weren't going to be a problem for them getting with Dhani.

The rest of the note taking went by and then Mr.Liles had to leave the room to get photocopies. Now normally people would just go on their phones whenever there was no teacher, but there was a new boy. And he was foreign. Of course everyone would be standing up.

Nearly everyone from the front side of the room was gone, including Dhani. Although he wasn't sure if it was okay to get up, they eventually convinced him that it was fine. And it should have been, the closest photocopier was all the way down in the basement.

As the noise grew, you heard many introducing themselves and asking Dhani questions. You wondered if you should get up and introduce yourself too, but thought that you wouldn't even get the chance with that crowd. Besides, you didn't feel like standing up only to get pushed aside.

Mr.Liles footsteps could be heard from the stairs and everyone sat back down their seats. He came in with a stack of papers in hand and it was soon another long work period.

The room felt smaller then usual. Maybe due to the fact that the Liverpool boy was sitting right behind you. You tried smoothening out your hair in the back swiftly; suddenly, you got very self loathing of yourself.

Dhani wouldn't like you. You were too much of an outsider for him. He was very handsome and he looked smart, he wouldn't go for you. He wouldn't.

You let out at a loud sigh and almost covered your mouth when a few heads looked up. Everything was quiet and Mr. Liles could only stare at you through his bushy eyebrows. You blushed and sank lower in your seat with a strong sense that Dhani was staring to you too. A few minutes later and you were blushing again; there was a slight tap on your shoulder.

"Excuse me." Dhani whispered.

You turned around and was face to face with brown eyes. You were almost too stunned to speak. "Do you have a extra pen I can borrow?" He asked trying to whisper.

Your eyes flickered and you immediately went for your bag, handing him the pen.

"Thanks." He smiled.

You could only nod.

---

During lunch you decided to skip the millions of glances and go to the library.

Every daft girl from history class and every daft girl that knew a daft girl from history class has been giving you dirty stares.

It was because of that Dhani kid. All he did was ask for a damn pen!

You didn't understand, you knew well enough that you weren't going to be a problem between them and the new kid and they know that too.

As you sat in the library, hiding your granola bar behind the book you were reading, you thought about getting your mind off things.

This Dhani stuff was getting annoying. You didn't want anything to do with Dhani at the moment. So you put on one of your favorite song's by George Harrison.

:
:
:
:
:
:

:

:that last paragraph was supposed to be a joke. Please can people get it.

:

Comment when you guys want the next part