Chapter 22

Maria's POV

I got into my car and drove up to the starting line, making sure to Rev the engine up to excite the crowd first.

"Alright mr shaw let's see what your made of" I muttered to myself

The crowd was cheering, some probably with no idea that I came from the famous torreto family. Decard revved the engine of his black mclaren and pulled up along side me and rolled down his window.

"You sure you don't want to back out?" He asked

"Oh yeah, I'm ever so terrified of being beaten by an arrogant British stud" I said, doing my best damsel in distress impression.

"Last chance" he warned, smirking.

"Wouldn't dream of it" I assured him "eyes on the road shaw, your about to eat my dust"

"Hot damn" he muttered rolling up his window as the race was about to start

"Toretto, you ready?" The woman on the track asked raising the flag in her right hand. I gave her three loud revs of the engine to show her I was set to go. "Shaw, you ready"

After the count of three, we were off, decard getting the advantage of me at the start, he was already a few feet ahead of me. I wasn't worried. Poor bastard thinks a race against a woman should be an easy win. Little does he know this woman is yet to lose a race she's entered.

We spun around the corner, making sure I took the track closest to the inside, hoping to shave a few seconds off my time. Decard continued to swerve in front of me, clearly hoping it would throw me off.

"You think your so smart mr shaw" i muttered to myself.

We were sharp approaching the final stretch along a darkly lit cobbled street. I swerved way out of the way, making sure to leave a gap between our cars.

I could see his confused look in his side mirror, he was probably wondering why the hell im taking the longer path. Little did he know that this is always the way I win my race.

Both cars were speeding towards the finish line, there was still at least a kilometre in it. I saw decard suddenly speed up, a clear indication he had turned up his nitrous oxide.

"Too soon" I laughed

A few seconds later, I felt my hand start to hover over the oxide button. "Let's go" I pushed it hard, small among my foot down, and quickly overtaking decard speeding over the finish line.

The crowd was going wild, I could see Owen looking infuriates and embarrassed, his possé of girls taking the opportunity to show affection and reassure him his brothers bad performance wouldn't affect their thirst for the saws money.

"Well well well, look who lost" I said getting out and shutting my car door

"Total fluke, let's go best out of three" he said the muscle in his jaw twitching.

"I would love to but I have better things to be doing than beating sad little men in a sport they think they own" I shrugged

He was still infuriated, but he couldn't help but stare at me. I couldn't tell whether it was in curiosity or loathing.

"Thanks for the win shaw" I said standing on my tippy toes, kissing his cheek, making sure to leave a big red lipstick print.

I got back into my car and went to find a place to park it up, before re joining the party.

"Girl! Your racing skills are insane. I mean I know your a Toretto but hold shit what was that!" Ayesha said popping up seemingly from nowhere.

"Nothing like providing entertainment" I said taking a bow.

"Come on file everyone's dying to see and meet you come on drinks are on me" ayesha said, taking my hand and leading me towards the bar.

I accepted her glass of champagne (even tough I would've rather had tequila) and was soon completely engulfed in a crowd of excited people.

As the night went on, I found myself starting to get tired of socialising so I took myself away and decided to go and sit in a quieter area of the bar, taking off my stilettos and taking a deep seat in one of the red armchairs in the corner.

I was enjoying studying the peculiar room, it was filled with elegant paintings and strange architecture, there were words placed I could've been. When out of nowhere an older man (probably around 50) slowly approached me and took the seat opposite me for himself.

At first I didn't say anything and studied his face for a while, hoping he would get the idea I wasn't up for any unwanted attention.

"Nice rack" he said quietly

"Sorry what?" I said sharply

"Sorry, nice race, you won earlier right?" He said clearly thinking he was hilarious.

"Look I'm really not-," I started

"Let me but you a drink" he said grabbing my hand attempting to kiss it, I quickly jerked away giving him a slap to the face.

"No thanks" I said firmly, howling he would just take the hint.

"Listen you frigid little fuck, let me but you a drink and show you a good time" he said starting to get angry

He made a grab for me and was soon interrupted.

"Did it you hear the lady, she said no thanks" a Charming British accent sounded.

I couldn't help myself but smile.

"Who are you, her fucking secretary?" The man said Turing to face decard. He was easily half a foot shorter and slimmer than him. Decard easily towered over this piece of shit.

"No, just a guy who doesn't like seeing women treated like shit" he stated "now fuck off"

The man suddenly had a look as if the lights in his full brain and just been turned on, and scampered away, problem realising if he didn't he was gonna end up in pretty bad shape.

"Fancy a drive?" He said outstretched his hand

Finally! I'm back with another chapter. Sorry to say updates will still be slow as I have exams this year and I'm dealing with other things too but I will try to write whenever I can. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, remember to vote and leave some comments to let me know what you think.
Thanks for reading ❤️