Chapter 24

Deckard's POV

She is an enchanting woman,truly.

She struck a nerve in me in a way no other woman ever had before. That night I took her for a drive, she wasn't bothered by my reckless driving, or the fact she didn't know where we were going. She never once said something which I didn't believe to be true, she didn't ask me about how much money I had or "what was the most expensive thing I owned" she was capable of sharing a comfortable silence without need to fill it with meaningless bullshit. She held herself in a way which was almost elegant and you  could tell she was confident yet not the type of girl who would constantly be obsessively all over you just because of your social status or your worth, she would'nt shoot her shot in an obvious or cringey way. She spoke with a soft tone as if she didn't want to hurt you, yet still had a seductive fiery side to her which she used carefully. She wouldn't put up with anyone's shit.

As kind perfect as she seemed, she was dangerous. But Not quite in the way that you think.

She was dangerous to me. I knew we could never work, she would end up hurt one way or another. she was my greatest weakness yet the thing that kept me smiling. Maybe that's why, she made me feel human, treated me as a human, not in the way other people had treated me like a mindless killing machine.

She is still a mystery to me. And I hope I will find out what lies within her curious exterior.

Maria's POV

Mornings were still rather lonely I don't think it's ever something I will get used to. I missed Dom and Brian and Mia. And as much as I hated to admit it I missed Roman and Tej too.

Living this new lifestyle made me feel alone too. Almost as if I was living in someone else's body rather than my own. I had grown up as a normal (if you can even call it) kid on a Spanish island. I lived in a small 2 bedroom apartment with my adoptive family and their 2 kids. I could go anywhere and do anything I wanted, I didn't care about how I looked or how people saw me, I didn't care about what my future was going to be like. I guess that's just the beauty of childhood.

I had made friends here,sure, but nothing ever compared to being back home.

"We will see each other soon hermaita" Dom's words kept replaying in my head.

I felt a small tear escape my eye slowly trickling down my cheek. "Don't be so stupid Maria you will see them again soon" I thought to myself.

But at the same time I found myself having the best time of my life, partying with people I could've only dreamed of associating myself with a few years  ago. And I still have to remind myself that Me,Dom and the rest of the family have to lay low for a while.

                                   — — — — —

I finally pulled together the energy to get myself out of bed and got dressed. I put on my favourite black skirt, taupe knitted top, long black boots and put my hair into a messy ponytail leaving my front pieces of hair framing my face.

I left my room and made my way towards the stairs, looking around the big empty hallways of my beautiful house. "God Maria pull yourself together who wouldn't want this" I said to myself.

As I reached the bottom of my staircase and into my hallway I noticed something out of place on the Center table.

There was a large bunch of red roses Sat central to the table. I certainly hadn't put those there, and the cleaner wasn't due until Friday.