Chapter 6

(Updated version)
Maria's POV

It had been a few days since I had ran away from Mia and Dom. I hadn't been home for a while. Most nights I would just drive around aimlessly then go to work the next day. Will had to fire me because he said that he could tell I wasn't sleeping and he didn't want to be responsible for me if I wasn't taking care of myself properly.

I pulled up outside of my house for the first time for days. I went inside, dumped my bag on the floor. I had a sudden urge of anger.

"Fuck" I said hitting my fists off one of the walls, leaving a dint.

I sat down on the floor and put my head in my hands. It was pretty dark out now, and inside too. I didn't bother to get up and put the light on I just sat in the dark. Until I saw the voicemail button on my phone had lit up red.

I leaned forward and pressed it, half expecting it to be some dodgy dealer trying to scam me.

"Hi Maria it's Dom, God I don't really know what to say,I know we haven't spoken for a while, but I really need you to come to the address I've sent you, I've assembled a team to do a job , I can't tell you what it is over the phone in case someone intercepts the call and I thought who better to help us than the other T Toretto who better to ask to be the badass on our team. Right" I sat up and listened to every word intently. When the message finished I sat in shock, I hadn't slept in days surely the insomnia was kicking in by now .

I pressed the button again and let the message play again.

It was real. That was actually my home other talking to me over the phone.Dom actually wanted to see me. I stood up and took a quick look around my place. All of the shit I had here I don't really need. I picked up my mini suitcase and rammed as much as I could into it.

I noticed there was also a letter laying next to the phone. I opened it to find the address Dom and sent me. I had no idea how the hell it had gotten there and no idea how he had my number but I was pleased.

I picked up two bits of paper and wrote two separate letters. One to Gloria, the old woman next door, letting her know what I was okay and I would be gone for a while. Then a divine more in depth one for Kira, I left under the plant pot where my spare key was, hoping she would find it.

I locked my door, without even bothering to lol around one last time and got into my car.

It was a long drive to where Dom was, it was a good time to figure out what I would say to him. It was hard to think, it had been 6 years. I couldn't exactly just go in there and start up an conversation like we used to, it was going to be different that was for sure. There were a few times where I started to freak out and considered going back but I kept driving.

I got to the address Dom told me. It was an abandoned warehouse factory thing. It didn't look like there was anyone there but I knew he wouldn't have sent me a fake address. where better to hide a bunch of dangerous criminals I suppose.

I drove inside and parked my car. I started to feel weird again. Everything went silent and I started to shake slightly. I sat in my car for a while then had a look around. There were several people gathered in the corner. The had all acknowledged that I was there but they minded their own business.

I finally decided to get out. I could hear the talking quietly. One of them broke away from the group and started walking towards me.

Then I saw him. He was opposite me, and walking slowly toward me.He was about a meter in front of me. He had a cold harsh look on his face and kept his arms folded.maybe my choice was wrong. I backed away slightly putting my hand on the car door handle.

Then, he broke out into a smile and walked forward. He pulled me into a tight hug. I never even realised that I had started crying but I could feel tears running down my face.

"I've missed you he whispered"pulling me closer

"Me too"I said crying even harder. God he had me come here to be the "badass" on the team yet here I am bawling my eyes out like a baby.

"Dom"I heard a voice say. I looked over his shoulder and saw another woman standing there. Mia. She came right up to me and hugged me.

"Wow I can't believe your actually here"she said with a warm smile

"I know" she put her hand over my face and wiped away my tears.

"Your so beautiful"she said still smiling

"It's nice to finally be all together again"Dom said hugging us Both "but there's something we need to discuss first and I promise we can talk about everything later."

Mia grabbed my and led me over to where everyone else was standing.

"Okay everyone gather round"Mia shouted

"Damn, Dom, why didn't you tell me your sister was fine as fuck, she is definitely a Toretto" one of the guys said eyeing me up and down biting his lip slightly.

"Yeah and she's also my little sister"Dom said warning my "so watch your mouth"

"I'm Roman nice to meet you baby girl"he said putting out his hand for me to shake

"Slightly formal"I said laughing slightly "well it's nice to meet you Roman but I gotta warm you my standards are much higher"

"Wha- dis you hear that"he said looking around hoping someone would sympathise with him

"Roasted"another guy  shouted while bursting out laughing

"Yeah Roman she definitely is a Toretto"Dom said laughing "don't mess with her"

"Maria, this is Gisele, Han, Tej, Tego and Rico"Mia said gesturing to all of them

"Nice to meet you all"I said awkwardly

"And this is Brian"Mia said gesturing to another guy while smiling brightly

"Nice to Meet you Brian, let me guess he's your boyfriend right Mia"I said laughing

"Yeah I guess you could say that, how did you know?"he said shaking my hand "it's nice to finally meet you, these two talk about you all of the time family really means a lot to them"

"I can tell by the was she introduced you you can tell she loves you" I said

"Okay so here's the plan." Dom started

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry it's kinda short the next one will be longer. Let me know what you thought ❤️