Chapter 17

Maria's POV
Dom and Brian crossed over the line onto the bridge.

I took a deep breath, shifted gears and followed after them.

"Don't fuck this up Dom"'I whispered under my breath

It was quiet for about a minute before I could here the sirens. There were now even more police cars on our tail. Along with Reyes' car.

"No! No there's too many of them" Brian shouted "were not gonna make it"

"Yes we are keep going I'll do what I can" I shouted back

"Your right Brian we aren't gonna make it" Dom said

"Dom!" I shouted

"But I am" he continued

There was another police car driving along side me. I drove harder into the side of it, running it off the road.

"What are you talking about?" Brian said worriedly

"Just let the vault go get out of there" Mia pleaded 

"your a father now Brian"Dom said

I felt a lump for in my throat, I knew there was no way Dom could pull this off himself and be alive to get his money.

"Dom! No!" I shouted "were almost there"

"You too Maria, your still young. Go, let me take care of this" he said

"No I'm not leaving you! Now let's stick with the plan" Brian pleaded

"It always was the plan" he sighed "take care of Mia. And make sure Roman doesn't become to obsessive-over Maria"

"Dom" I said

"Dom you listen to me right now, cut the vault loose right now"Mia  pleased

Dom's radio disconnected and he snapped the rope that had been holding the vault and Brian's car together.

Brian let out a frustrated shout as his car came skidding to a stop. I pulled up alongside him.

Dom made an immediate U turn, the safe nearly flying over the edge of the bridge.

Dom started reviving his car engine up.

"He better not do what I think he's gonna do" I said to Brian

"Crazy son of a bitch" Brian muttered

He turned up the nitrous oxide in his car and started driving towards the police and Reyes. Blue flames came flying out of the exhaust pipe as he shot past me and Brian's cars. Brian pushes me out of the way after the safe almost got too close.

Dom started swerving his car, hitting several police cars out of the way. The weight of the vault was Enough to crush each car.

He continued to move quickly towards Reyes' two black SUV's. One of the drivers started to shoot at him and he didn't pull away.

I made a grab for my car door handle but Brian held me back.

"Don't do it" he said sadly "you'll only get yourself killed"

"But-," I started

"You head what he said" brain said putting an arm around my shoulder.

Dom did yet another U turn. He crushed one of the SUV's but the other one was still untouched. Dom's car hit the side of the bridge and he had to throw himself from it to stop himself going over the side with it.

The car landed on top of the second suv. Reyes was surely dead by now.

I broke free from Brian's grasp and got into my car. I drove towards Dom. And I saw Brian follow shortly after.dom stood up and looked around for a while.