Albus' last year

Sorry for the wait

Trigger warning: Mentions of self harm, anorexia, and character death

Ngl I cried my eyes out while writing this... 😭

January 25th, 2021

Dear Diary,

So I'm pregnant... What do I do? Scorpius is gonna break up with me I'm positive of that.

I don't want to have a baby, I've worked really hard to gain my figure. Everyone around me is skinny and fit asf, I want to be like them. My body is fat and ugly. I was 115 pounds when I started Hogwarts, fat was surrounding my face and stomach!

After my third year my brother, sister, and Scorpius had these perfect model bodies while I'm hear a fat string bean.

I want to be like them, so halfway through third year I started carving into my skin, the blood looked beautiful. That wasn't enough to satisfy me so I cut back on food, I only ate once a week.

This diet helped a lot and I started losing three pounds a week! Oh and I started working out to get abs!

Scorpius and I started dating and I couldn't believe he wanted my ugly ass!

Right when I got to 80 pounds and small abs I noticed my weight going back up, I panicked and learned that I'm pregnant. So here I am hiding in the bathroom ready to puke my guts out. I hate this.

February 14th, 2021

Dear Diary,

So I'm four months pregnant, I'm so fucking fat. I don't want this child. I'm only keeping it because Scorpius is so excited to be a dad and I don't have the heart to tell him that I hate the kid with a passion.

Scorpius keeps shoving food at me, but I don't want it. The little bugger is making me so hungry, but I refuse to give in to them.

Today's Valentine's day and Scorpius is trying to spoil me with chocolate. Today will be the only day I give in!

March 8th, 2021

Dear Diary,

I'm five months and just figured out it's a boy, Madam Pomfrey wants me to gain more weight and I'm sorry but I can't do that. I don't want it.

I hate this! Why can't I be normal. This child is literally making me fat and I seem to be the only one who's disgusted by this!

April 29th, 202

Dear Diary,

I finally snapped... I'm ugly, fat, and so much more. I yelled and started cutting myself again. It felt so refreshing to see my blood drip down my body.

Scorpius is starting to get worried and I'm starting to get pissed that my stomach is this big, so I found a way to induce labor! I'm so excited to lose this weight!

April 30th, 2021

Dear Diary,

I have a son, his name is Daniel Leigh Malfoy! I know I said I hate him, but I don't. I hate that he made me fat, but with a little bit of exercise and no food it should all be gone soon!
...

"Albus! Danny wants you." Scorpius said going into their room with their crying son.

I sigh and take him in my arms. What am I supposed to do with him?
...

My heart pounds in my chest and my breathing esculates. I've been running for ten hours straight, I haven't eaten in months! I've lost all the baby weight and I'm so close to my goal!

January 25th, 2022

Albus was 75 pounds when the expected happend. He was laying with his nine month old son when his heart had stopped beating. Scorpius had screamed and raced Albus to St Mungos and no matter what they did Albus' heart never beated again.

Later that day Scorpius learned that Albus had been slowly dying from lack of food. He doesn't understand why Albus wasn't eating! He slowly walks to the Potter household and knocks.

Ginny opens the door holding a piece of her magical clock. Scorpius knows Albus' picture fell off and he begins to sob in Ginny's arms.

Harry and the kids stood near the bottom of the steps. Harry leaves the room and Lily asks "whys Albus' picture off?"

James stares at them and pales whispering "he's dead..."

All Scorpius could do is nod.
...

Scorpius uses his foot to push the bedroom door open the rest of the way. He stares around the bedroom, looking at the pictures of him and Albus with Danny. Tears stain his cheek as he sits on the bed with his son letting out a loud sob.

"ALBUS!" Scorpius screamed as his boyfriend collapsed.

As he remembers the last moments of Albus' life he remembers how important it is to pay attention to every detail. He shouldn't of blamed Albus' pregnancy hormones for his snap because little did he know Albus had felt that way for years.
...

"Here..." Scorpius whispered to Harry when he arrived at the funeral home. "Take this, I know y'all want closure." He gives Harry Albus' Diary.

Harry stares at it and opens the first page to see Albus' initials. "Is this his diary?" Harry asked. It's the first time he's spoken in a week.

"Yes... I've read it and everything makes sense." He said walking away not being able to bear looking at Harry any longer.

When Hermione is done talking everyone goes up to say their goodbyes. Ginny with her tissues and holding onto Albus' stuffed Hippogriff was the first to go up, followed by Harry.

Scorpius waits his turn in the back, tears brimming his eyes as he holds his whining son to his chest. "Promise me Danny." He whispered running his hands through his sons hair. "If you ever feel like you're not good enough, not handsome enough, you tell me because you're beautiful just the way you are you hear me?"

When they got to Albus Scorpius takes one look at his lover's cold pale face and completely breaks down. He cries against his chest and feels the brittle bones and dead skin.

"Come back! Please come back." He sobbed putting his hand on Albus' cheek. "You're too young, we were supposed to live together until we're too old to even walk! You're not even sixteen yet! Why did you leave me!? Why did you leave us!? You're so beautiful why couldn't you see that!"

Draco gently pulls his son away and there isn't a dry eye in sight. "MAMA!" Danny screamed starting to cry not liking the game his mother is playing on him.

"He's not coming back." Scorpius cried hugging his son like his life depended on it.
...

When Danny turned fifteen Scorpius sat him down and says "son we have to talk."

"Yeah dad?" He asked moving his shaggy black hair outta his face and his eyes as green the killing curse, just like Albus.

"You keep asking how your mom died and you keep asking why I always remind you to love yourself..."

"Are you finally telling me?"

"Yes."

And so Scorpius told his son the gruesome last year of Albus' life, where we know Albus' story no one noticed Scorpius' obsession with sweaters, nobody, not one, except Daniel Leigh Malfoy did.

The end.