Episode 5: Jaune's Struggle

We were still in line while the others are all seated in their tables.

"Hey Theo, about Jaune's problem. It's about Cardin isn't it?" Lupin whispered to me.

"Well, if you think about it. Yeah, he's probably the reason why Jaune is feeling down recently." I answered. We took our food and then, proceed to find a table.

My tray has two sandwiches, a couple of cookies, a mug and a medium-sized water bottle.

As we were walking, we saw a bunny faunus getting bullied. Lupin growled in anger. Of course, I was not happy with the way things are going.

And knowing Lupin, he gets angry pretty easily when he sees one of his kind being treated like this so, I made a move to prevent further problems or Lupin might explode and cause a scene.

"Ow! That hurt! Please stop?" The bunny faunus winced in pain. She was about to cry.

Cardin and the others just laughed at her suffering.

I sighed. I place my plate near them and grip Cardin's arm that's holding the Bunny's ears.

"Yo Cardin, why don't you stop that and pick someone your own size?" I said as I grip his arm.

We caught the attention of the gang looking our way without us noticing.

"What are they doing!?" Ruby spoke in a low voice.

"You? A human who's associated with these freaks is telling me to stop?" Says Cardin as he released his grip on her ears.

And then, I also released mine.

The bunny was about to leave but his friends blocked her way.

The faunus backed away slowly and then, Lupin placed his arms around Cardin's teamates.

"Next you're gonna say, what the hell do you want?" Says Lupin while pointing at their faces.

"What the hell do you want? Ahh!" The pair were shocked. Lupin predicted what they're gonna say.

"Freaks? Are you talking about that bunny over there? Strange, she's way too cute to be a freak. You must be mistaken." I said as I smiled and look at the faunus.

The faunus turned to face me and slightly blushed.

The others started to laugh.

"Pfft! Hahahaha! I can't believe you called that freak cute! Anyway, if you won't get out of my sight, then I'll just have to 'play' with you." He said as he cracked his knuckles.

I place my foot on the chair and leaned closer. "I'd like to see you try." My eyes started to glow as I smirk.

"Looking good there Theo." Says Lupin.

"Now that..." Yang pointed at us. "...is cool."

Other people's eyes were now focused on us. Cardin had no other choice but to leave since starting a fight now is not a very good idea.

"Tsk! Let's go." Cardin clicked his tongue and left. His friends followed him.

I observed them until they went out of the door.

I sighed and turned to face the bullied faunus.

"You okay?" I asked her.

"Y-yeah. Thank you for helping me." She replied while fidgeting.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"M-My name is Velvet Scarlatina." She replied.

I nodded. "Hmm. I'm Theo Bloodmoon and that one over there is Lupin Fulgaras. Nice to meet you Velvet. If those guys bother you again, don't hesitate to ask for help alright?"