Episode 8: Chaos

He unleashed a strong wind slash which emptied his dust ammunition. It was so sudden that I was caught by surprise.

"Ghhh!" I managed to activate my semblance just in time.

I blocked it with my barrier but I was pushed away due to its force and crashed on a nearby building.

"Gahaah!" I was lying on the ground. This idiot!

He immediately reloaded and head straight towards the team. Yang and Blake intercepted him, but Lupin activated his semblance and slashed both of them, just enough to push them away.

Ruby and Sun were the only ones standing between Lupin and the shaking Weiss.

Sun was about to attack him but was kicked away, bringing Ruby with him.

Weiss fell down and even dropped her weapon. She knew that she was no match for the man in front of him. "P-please! I didn't know-"

"Shut up! You've taken everything from me!" Lupin shouted at her and then raised his weapon.

"Nooo stop it Lupin!" Ruby shouted.

"Pay for your-" before he could finish his sentence, I pushed him out of the way and ran away from Weiss.

"RUBY! TAKE WEISS TO SAFETY AND GET OUT OF HERE!" I shouted so loud for everyone to hear.

They stood up and forcefully brought Weiss with them.

"Theo! Stop standing in my way!" Says Lupin. He kicked me in the gut.

"Ahck!" I was in pain but I have no time to spare to think about that. I grabbed him a little tighter and threw him to a building.

The civilians in the area screamed and ran in fear.

Damn it! I cursed in my mind. If this continues, the grimms will sense the negative emotions and attack the city!

He crashed, creating a smokescreen.

He stood up, unscathed and swings his weapon to remove the smokescreen.

He instantly coated himself with lightning as he slowly walk towards me.

"I guess I'll have to deal with you first before I kill Weiss!" Says Lupin.

He's really uncontrollable now. If only I had told him sooner....no! Now is not the time for regrets! I say in my mind. If grimms starts to attack the city, then I shall take the blame for it!

"Lupin! Snap out of it! You're a huntsman, not a criminal! You should be protecting other people! Not kill them!" I exclaimed.

"Shut up! Just shut up! You know everything don't you!? And yet, you've kept it from me for a long long time Theo! And why should I protect a murderer!?" Says Lupin. He gritted his teeth and clenched his weapon tightly.

"Tsk!" I clicked my tongue.

A civilian stumbled on a debris so, he fell on the ground. A huge one was coming for him from above.

"Aaaaahhh!" He screamed.

I noticed it and instantly activated my semblance to protect him. He successfully escaped in time.

Lupin rushed towards me and kicked me in the gut.

"Gahck!" I was pushed away. My semblance deactivated in the air.

"Stay down for a while Theo."

I was on the ground and almost lost consciousness because of the pain.