Episode 7: Truth

"Yeah, they're all over the news." Says Lupin.

"Of course! I don't think there is a faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them." Says Sun. "Stupid holier-than-thou creep that use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks if you ask me."

"I was once a member of the White Fang." Blake nonchalantly spoke.

Sun choked on his drink while Lupin was surprised.

"You were one of them!?" Lupin exclaimed.

"Wait a minute, you were a member of the White Fang?" Sun asked her.

"That's right. I was a member for most of my life actually. You can almost say I was born into it." Says Blake and then, she continued explaining.

"Back then, things were different. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between human and the faunus. Of course, despite being promised equality, the faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings."

"And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people. And I was there. I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott. And I actually thought we were making a difference. But I was just a youthful optimist."

"Then, 5 years ago, our leader stepped down. And a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly, our peaceful protest were being replaced by organized attacks. They are setting fires to shops that refused to serve us. Hijacking cargoes from companies that used faunus labor and the worst part was, it was working. We were treated like equals. Not out of respect, but of fear." Blake drinks her cup afterwards.

"So, I left. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence. And instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a huntress. So here I am. A criminal hiding in plain view. All with the help of a little black bow." She finished her story.

Lupin and Sun went serious. "So, have you told your friends any of this?" Sun asked her.

"You heard her." Says Lupin as he places his scroll on the table.

"I see." It was a voice from Lupin's scroll.

"What?" Blake was surprised.

"You were an ex-criminal huh?" It was my voice.

I told Lupin earlier to activate his scroll when Blake decides to reveal her story in front of him.

"And? What are you gonna do about it?" She asked.

"Nothing. Just a little background check. It's almost as if your story about hijacking some cargoes is connected to her story." I explained.

She looked down.

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with us. Besides, it's all in the past right? And also, you're doing something about it and becoming a huntress is your first step. That's an act worthy of praise. Be proud of yourself Blake." I said, trying to cheer her up.

She faintly smiled.

"Who are you?" Sun asked me.

"Me? I'm Lupin's teamate. My name is Theo Bloodmoon. Nice to meet you Sun." I said.

I was walking down the streets with my scroll until I heard Ruby and her friends looking for Blake.

"Call you back." I said and then, I turn my scroll off.

* * *

"And I think Weiss's hair looks wonderful today."

"Waaah Penny! Where did you come from!?" Ruby was startled.