Episode 29: Discovery

"So, they've already started the Festival huh?" Lupin was watching from the screen through an observer. It was a fight between Yang and that person named Mercury Black.

I whined and rolled my eyes. "We would've been there if it weren't for that wild portal."

We were sitting inside our rooms, checking our old weapons to see if they're still good to use. I swing my weapon around to get a feel of it once more.

"So, want to just show up after our disappearance like badasses?" Lupin shrugs while raising his eyebrow.

I stopped what I was doing and turn to face him. I laughed. "It would be funny to see what their reactions will be like. But no, we shouldn't do that just yet. We still have important things to take care of. Until then, we stay hidden for now."

Lupin snickered. "Well...If you say so."

After that, we watched Yang's match against Mercury.

* * *

They seem to be evenly matched. Mercury's fighting style sure is interesting while the blonde girl is feisty as always. Mercury was pushed outside the arena and just when we thought he'd lose, he used his weapon to spring back and resumed his attacks.

"Not bad." Says Lupin.

I smile as I watch. Just then, Raynor comes in to check what we're doing.

"Oh? What's this? A fight between huntsmen?" Says Raynor as he sips his cup.

I chuckled. "Drinking this early again old man?"

"Heh. Nothing like a cup of good old beer. So, who're those guys?" He asked.

Lupin answered. "The blonde hair chick is Yang. She's our classmate and friend. And as you can see, she fights with her gauntlets."

I continued. "The other one is Mercury. I don't really know much about him. Strange guy, never really talked to him."

Raynor shrugs. "I see. The way you huntsmen fight sure is interesting."

All 3 of us continued watching the match.

After for a while, Mercury unleashed several of those white floating objects and kicked Yang to the ground, followed by those flying things.

"Damn, is she okay?" Says Raynor.

"Nah, don't worry about it. As I mentioned back then, our Aura protects us from these kinds of attacks. If our Aura gets weaker, then the match is decided. Looks like she loses huh?" I said.

Raynor nodded. "Oh right, Aura. That's a convenient thing to have."

Lupin smirked. "I don't think Yang is going down that easily."

"What do you mean?" I raised an eyebrow.

Just then, something exploded in Yang's position. She just exploded and her eyes were now red.

"Oh riiiiight, her semblance." I rolled my eyes.

After that, Yang started her counter attacks. Mercury was caught by surprise and failed to block her attacks.

"Damn, that girl sure packs a punch." Raynor remarked.

After delivering her last punch to his gut, Mercury's aura flickered. "Well, I guess it's her win." I said.

Raynor sips one more time. "Well, that was an interesting fight."

Lupin chuckled. "Yeah. And we sure as hell missed one heck of an event we were supposed to join."